Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game Walk-out     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Game Walk-out

I am currently working on the site for this project. I would like to spread the word to help make it happen. I hope it is not to much trouble with me posting here...I don't really know the rules on stuff like this. If you would please read though this, say what you think, hate it like it...it doesn't matter. Yes it is large, but the matter at hand is also.

Origional thread here:
    http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php? ... 4&n=unread

YokaiDragoon :
    Okay guys its time. Over the past months I have encountered and heard reports of other people encountering a large quantity of gilsellers. I hope that many of you feel as i do that you would rather not play than play with their constant interfierence ruining the experience for us.

I hope over the years of my playing FFXI i have shown myself on Leviathan server to be a honest, fair player and a good Linkshell Leader. As i see myself a leader i have taken up the task of leading, quite possibly, my last great cursade. The crusade to rid ourselves of the scourge of RMT.

Thusly i have written this up and will soon be creating the website mentioned in it (hopefully finished in the next two weeks). The target date for the walkout is between 4-6 weeks from now as i feel that will give us enough time to let everyone sign up on the website.

I am posting this here in the hope that other like minded players will read it and help me modify and improve it. The goal is to show SE that we are reasonalbe, intellegent players who are simply fed up with our game experience being undermined by the likes of RMT. Any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated, any snot nosed remarks or anonomyous posts will be met with a kindly "gtfo troll".

So without further ado here is what i have so far, please post on your own server forums a link to this thread so that everyone has a chance to see it.

[quote:7cacd]
    FFXI Player Manifesto

Over the course of the last four years hundreds of thousands of people have logged on and enjoyed Final Fantasy XI Online created by Square Enix. We have traveled far, fought many battles and defeated horrible foes in long and grueling quests. We have also made many enemies and many more lasting friendships in Final Fantasy XI. Many of these friends we have made live far away and yet we have been brought together by FFXI, which has served not only as the conduit for these friendships but also somewhat of a cultural exchange in which many of us routinely interact with players in different states, different countries, even those on other continents.

Final Fantasy XI has continually forced us to work together to collect great treasures and defeat horrible foes. Thus it is with a heavy heart that we band together one more time, perhaps our last, in the face of a foe which we cannot hope to slay alone. The foe of which we speak is gilsellers. A great number of the players of FFXI have noticed sharp increases in the quantity of gilsellers on their server. We believe that these players ruin our game experience. They continually, selfishly and maliciously hoard various Notorius Monsters for the express purpose of selling the items they acquire for game currency and then selling that game currency for real life money.

It is our understanding that Real Money Trade (RMT) is expressly forbidden by the FFXI Terms of Service and yet aside from a few isolated incidents Square Enix has made no outstanding effort to rid FFXI of this problem. We recognize that Square Enix has in the past banned many gilseller accounts and has also, misguidedly, changed the items that some monsters drop to now be acquired only through BCNM battles. Neither of these measures proved sufficient. The former because Square Enix did not carry though and continue to ban the players when they created new accounts, and the latter because it was not what we wanted to happen; in many cases it made the item even harder to acquire without resorting to purchasing it with game currency. While we appreciate any effort on the part of Square Enix to solve this problem we feel that these steps are insufficient.

We feel that Square Enix has continually brushed aside or blatantly ignored our continuing complaints and concerns submitted through the Game Master service provided. Thusly we feel we have no option but to quit the game should our requests not be acted upon. The players of FFXI realize that gilseller accounts bring no small amount of revenue to Square Enix so we feel that the only way we can combat the RMT players is to make it more costly to keep them than it is to keep us. We have banned together and will collectively cancel our accounts on xx/xx/xxxx if we do not feel that our complaints have been adequately addressed. A website has been created (it will be named here after I create it) where you can look at the character names and server of every person who has joined with us in this Video Game Walk-out, as well as view the total number of people signed up.

The Players of Final Fantasy XI do not wish to be unreasonable and have no wish to see non-RMT players banned or to see anyone banned without just cause. We do however feel that in the face of a multitude of Game Master calls certain unsavory players can be singled out. We also believe that Square Enix has the ability to watch players accounts and see which ones are dealing in enormous amounts of gil thus signaling them to be reviewed for possible gilseller activity.

Our wish is to see sharp reductions in the quantity and activity of gilseller accounts as we believe they ruin the game experience for us. We do not presume to tell you how to accomplish this worthy task but offer the following suggestions;

A) Delete accounts which have continually been reported by other players and which can be reasonably labeled as gilsellers due to the following behaviors; Remaining in the same zone for extended periods of time (often weeks and months), continuously hoarding specific enemies, using questionable tactics to claim the enemies over other players (such as running to mobs outside the visual range of the player as soon as the enemy appears). After the initial round of deleted players we require that Square Enix be vigilant in its expulsion of RMT players by continuing to ban them as they show themselves by their actions.

B) Create servers which allow RMT players and those which do not. On the servers which do not enforce this rule. Initially allow any player to choose which type of server they wish to play on. After the initial settlement period allow players who wish to do so to migrate to RMT servers but do not allow them to migrate to non RMT servers.

In conclusion let us state again that our primary grievance is the existence of Real Money Trade players. We wish for them to be removed as we feel they degrade the game experience for. If acceptable steps have not been taken to rid the game of such players by xx/xx/xxxx every player signed up on the website will collectively cancel their account and not return until the problem has been solved. The players of Final Fantasy XI sincerely hope we can come to an understanding on this matter and look forward to working together with Square Enix to execute any reasonable plan which satisfies our needs.
    [/quote:7cacd]

This is to combat RMT, I would like some input on what you think about the Manifesto and what should be changed. I'm not here to start a war between truly dedicated players and those that casually play. Just any help would be fine, thank you.

stopped reading thar

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: People on this website actually like this game and have spent more time than you can imagine playing. Ergo, they're not likely to quit the game to "teach SE a lesson," so pack your bags and stick to KI and Alla.

Oh, and tl;dr.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: Game Walk-out

Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater
    I'm not here to start a war between truly dedicated players and those that casually play.
    Guess I can rule out who read it.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I cant quit, I got a mandau.

wait, that means I have to quit doesnt it?

Im confused

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's not saying you would quit, its a warning to SE that if they do not we may possibly quit. Of coarse you don't add that because wheres the fun in saying "I might do something if you do not meet my demands."

If enough people signed up, SE would see that the players truly believe something should be done. It wouldn't have to come to players quitting. I'm not going to say what the goal amount of people is, because even I think it wont happen. Just want to see that if it came to it, people would help.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's not saying you would quit, its a warning to SE that if they do not we may possibly quit. Of coarse you don't add that because wheres the fun in saying "I might do something if you do not meet my demands."

If enough people signed up, SE would see that the players truly believe something should be done. It wouldn't have to come to players quitting. I'm not going to say what the goal amount of people is, because even I think it wont happen. Just want to see that if it came to it, people would help.
    You will -never- get enough people. Ever. Never Never Never Never Never.
    And that's not a flame. Online protests, etc unless very carefully done and huge scale in number are stupid and will not even get the attention you seek.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

LOL@ this ever happenning but I hope you did get some so those camp can be open(/em wakes up and realize this will never happen).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

lol, no true endgamer would ever participate in a walkout like this...

Not gonna happen

Never.

No way.

No how.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I lol'd

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

this is a ZAM! thread

<SquareEnix> lolfags you won't quit. www

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

YOU CAN'T GET RID OF THE GILSELLERS WITHOUT GETTING RID OF THE GILBUYERS FIRST

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    <SquareEnix> lolfags you won't quit. www

qft. Mass quiting is probably the only way they'd do something about gil sellers when they see their making less money allowing them to exist. But people are too addicted to actually do it. XD So alas we will keep complaining and nothing will get done. @@;

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

which is why they'll never instance stuff

just imagine abjurations were instanced drops, you could mass quit and get them one month later, in this game though, whoa you passed that abjuration? you might never get it again!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    stopped reading thar

Yes, everyone please "walkout" so I can camp HNM and NM uncontested. Thanks!

And yes, get rid of the gilbuyers.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Game Walk-out

Jibbajabba
    YokaiDragoon :

B) Create servers which allow RMT players and those which do not. On the servers which do not enforce this rule. Initially allow any player to choose which type of server they wish to play on. After the initial settlement period allow players who wish to do so to migrate to RMT servers but do not allow them to migrate to non RMT servers.
    wwwwwww

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

LOL @ that

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast