BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sange     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sange

http://www.fatesealers.com/images/Sange1351.PNG

Currently have 2 merits into Sange, but that only decreases the cooldown time. Its basically a shuriken barrage. You throw one shuriken plus an additional shuriken equal to the number of shadows you have left (so a full Utsu:Ni will be 5 shuriken total).

This didnt work with boomerang. I havent tried with chakram, bow/arrow, gun/bullet yet.

Screenshot above is done without food on in the thickets with manji shuriken.

dont know what the normal cool down time is, but this looks like one of those skills if you merit ..just do it once. I think it could be good if your about to cast ni and still have shadows left.

At first I was disappointed by this when I hear about it, but after hearing about the damage, I'm going to unlock it very soon.

I'm very interested in trying this while tanking Tiamat when he goes into the air to see how much damage it does.

Also, is your throwing capped? I'm wondering how much this relies on throwing skill to do damage and/or whether if you miss shurikens with less skill.

The recast times on these new abilities are absolutely ridiculous, but that is really nice damage nonetheless.

1: How is your throwing skill, and do you think it determines this damage, or if it counts separately?
    2: Can Sange attack miss?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    dont know what the normal cool down time is, but this looks like one of those skills if you merit ..just do it once. I think it could be good if your about to cast ni and still have shadows left.
    NIN has shit all else to merit, so I'm sure NINs will be meritting this to full.

Edit: Anyone want to be brave and try Sange with the 12-per-stack Fuma Shurikens? The damage on them is amazingly higher than Manji, and would probably be some hardcore hate as well.

It's just too bad the higher Shurikens aren't cost efficient.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I want to see how elemental: sans are before doing sange.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    2: Can Sange attack miss?
    I missed Lamia No.9 in beseiged.

Dezzimal: Like 170~

Sea Torques
    BG Level

throwing capped at 269

had on koga chainmail and ninja tekko+1 (so +28 rng acc and rng atk and +5 throwing skill)

on my way to do a ISBC i tried it on a mamool ja lurker and missed completely (Kilik's ranged attack misses. or w/e the message is). It only used the initial shuriken though, not all 5. Dont remember if it took my shadows down since it didnt throw the extras.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Hyoton: San did 96 while Hyoton: Ni did 68, I was told, on the same mob. So about 1.5x the damage, 1.5x the casting time, and 15 second longer recast. (3s - 60s)

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    NIN has shit all else to merit, so I'm sure NINs will be meritting this to full.

Edit: Anyone want to be brave and try Sange with the 12-per-stack Fuma Shurikens? The damage on them is amazingly higher than Manji, and would probably be some hardcore hate as well.

It's just too bad the higher Shurikens aren't cost efficient.
    I think looking at the san spells that debuff thunder and ice resistance are well worth looking at, but If this is a 15 minute ability I can easily see it an easy split between one san and this....hoping they raise merits to 10 in this catergory later on

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hyoton: San did 96 while Hyoton: Ni did 68, I was told, on the same mob. So about 1.5x the damage, 1.5x the casting time, and 15 second longer recast. (3s - 60s)
    Where did you get that information? I can do more then that :San damage with :Ni, in normal gear/subs on too weak.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

ill try it tomorrow with fuma's and food and some bard songs lol.. not gonna half ass it if im gonna use fuma's, but for now i gotta sleep 3 tests tomorrow orz

Kilik, you should try this with a God wind lol.
    250 dmg >:D

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    Kilik, you should try this with a God wind lol.
    You cant have more then 1 god wind at a time, so Sange wouldnt even work on it.

Thought he said this used one shuriken and 4 shadows
    eh eh?

edit:
    ah "Additional shuriken equal to number of remaining shadows"

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Where did you get that information? I can do more then that :San damage with :Ni, in normal gear/subs on too weak.
    Not everyone tests on Gustaberg Bees. >.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the nin merits are utter crap... im actually gonna merit ninja tool expertise fully cause after you have full merits in that its something like 35% activation rate (w/o koga tekko)... at least you can physically see your merits working for you lol. San ninjutsu seems like a waste of time and sange doesnt seem worth it since shuriken are expensive as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    the nin merits are utter crap... im actually gonna merit ninja tool expertise fully cause after you have full merits in that its something like 35% activation rate (w/o koga tekko)... at least you can physically see your merits working for you lol. San ninjutsu seems like a waste of time and sange doesnt seem worth it since shuriken are expensive as fuck
    Well at least we can applaud SE for being consistant with NIN merits, as in these new ones are just as bad and useless as the first Job Specific ones.

Before choosing any of em, i'm wondering if tool expertise would stack with koga tekko or not.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would think so, and yes locke Im glad they stayed with their theme of not giving any helpful merits :D I dont think there would be some sort of cap to ninja tool expertise as only one item gives it... how much does the tekko give? 10%? They dropped for us our first 2 runs and I havent seen them in 20+ :/ I wanna know what to do before i spend merits in something