+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

FUCKING EPIC boss battles that really should be easy.

Example. FF12, 20 seconds ago... I beat the Bomb King in the Salikawood.

Lv38PT
    Active Mode
    Battle Speed: Fast

Vaan:
    Kotetsu
    Winged Helm
    Linen Cuirass
    Battle Harness
    2 Quickenings
    No Spells* ((I have spells, but none were relevant to this fight.))

Balthier:
    Kotetsu
    Winged Helm
    Linen Cuirass
    Bangle
    0 Quickenings
    Cura/Raise(Wasn't ever used, but I did have Gambits for it.)

Basch:
    Warhammer
    Leather Shield
    Winged Helm
    Heavy Coat
    Manufacted Nethicite
    0 Quickenings
    No spells

Ashe:
    No Equipment
    Belias Summon Learned.

On my first playthrough this boss was fucking cake... but this time I'm right after the Tomb of Raithwall as far as the storyline goes (supposed to be headed to Jahara, but I took a detour, want to try for Zodiac Spear asap)

Summoned Belias at the crystal with Ashe in the PT alone (in case I fucked up none of my other members would get hit by Fira or Self-Destructs etc)

I let Belias stay out until he tried to use Hellfire while using Ethers on Ashe, then I quickly Dismissed him so that I didn't heal the Bomb King. Then I switched Ashe out before the Bomb King could target her and swapped in Vaan & the rest and tried to lay the Bomb King out with a quickening chain.

I fucked up, only got 2 hits on the chain. I melee'd the Bomb King down for awhile, then realized I forgot Cura gambit for Balthier, I went and turned that on and went defensive for a bit using Hi-pots and Ethers (on Vaan). Then the Bomb King started to Cry for Help, and so I knew he would be trying to renew soon... so as soon as Vaan got one Mist Charge I tried again for the quickening chain. 6 Red Spirals -> Inferno (9000ish dmg). Somehow that didn't finish him off, he had so little health left that you couldn't even see the bar.

The Bomb King readies Renew.

I'm like WHAT THE FUCK!! I literally began to yell "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" like Vader, but all of the sudden Vaan comes in with a swing of his Kotetsu for 603DMG ending the fight.

Most fun RPG fight I've had in awhile.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yup that fight was hard, I had to run around several times with 2/3 people dead, trying to revive and rebuff people and blah blah.

The plot boss fights were ridiculously easy, the other boss fights on the way were tough sometimes.

should've just silenced him, made the fight easy at low levels. Well, easier.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wished I knew I could silence it, then again, I was never much of a magic user. I'd just zerg bosses til they died relying on melee attacks, maybe sometimes elemental magic, but almost never enfeebling. First time I fought it, it used Renew like 50 times before I gave up, leveled some more and then finally beat it. When my brother fought it, I told him he'll have a hard time, but he had it silenced so it rarely used Renew and beat it with easy.

For truly epic fights, wait til you fight the Hell Wrym. It has 8 MILLION hp, and took me ~90 mins to kill. Sad part is that it is very easy and with good gambits, you can go afk for like the entire fight and be fine. Only hard part was when he got low on HP and stop using Invert, which is like Convert, expect it uses it on you. Since gambits act lightning fast, a quick Curaga will heal you before it attacks and you're back to full MP. Well, when he stopped using that, MP became an issue. I was able to use a few trick to squeek out some MP to last til he started using it again, and all was good.

KB/Faffy fight are also pretty epic. Much harder than Hell Wyrm, imo. It's a shorter, fiercer fight.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    That wouldn't have made my fight any easier, since he didn't actually end up getting spells off. Well, he did get one Fira off, but Balthier's Cura fixed me right up. Now, if silence works for Cry for Help as well... then I'll put my foot in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    That wouldn't have made my fight any easier, since he didn't actually end up getting spells off. Well, he did get one Fira off, but Balthier's Cura fixed me right up. Now, if silence works for Cry for Help as well... then I'll put my foot in my mouth.
    pretty sure it does lol

Maldra

I remember having trouble with ff4 bosses at times..like that boss that is some evil wall-fuckin hard >_>;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Earthbound. - Master Belch

I remember having so much trouble with this the second time I played through. I was trying to remember back to the first time, and thought that it had been a simple fight. I figured maybe I had just been much higher level at the time. So I proceeded to level up, a lot. Ended up somewhere about twice as high as I had been, when I realized I was supposed to use the Fly Honey on him.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Raylinn
    Earthbound. - Master Belch

I remember having so much trouble with this the second time I played through. I was trying to remember back to the first time, and thought that it had been a simple fight. I figured maybe I had just been much higher level at the time. So I proceeded to level up, a lot. Ended up somewhere about twice as high as I had been, when I realized I was supposed to use the Fly Honey on him.
    Thank you sir, this is exactly the kind of posts I'm looking for.

My cousin made that same mistake... we got some good laughs out of that for a few months after.

Well in that case, my most epic fight was Indalacio (I can never spell his name right) in SO2, with the limiter off I tried for ages to beat him, after a while I gave up because I decided I was still to low a level to fight him (I was around the 100's) so I decided to do the secret dungeon (maze of tribulations or something). I bet all the bosses there, leveled up to 255 (or 225) and went there psyched to kick his ass.

Unfortunately he had the same idea and I STILL couldn't beat him, I gave up soon after and made a new file to beat him with his limiter on. Years later I decided to play SO2 again and I loaded up my old file, I looked through all the status screens and laughed. I had noticed that the whole time I had Practice on, while basically gimps all your stats so you get more EXP. I turned it off and beat him first try

God I was stupid when I was a kid. Thing that gets me though is how I still beat all the secret bosses with practice on.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

You're supposed to use Adaman armor to half the fire damage and dawn shard on your battering ram character (use Decoy), the guy will do like 100 damage tops. Silence him so he can't call for help, melee him down until he does his 2 renewals, or try to Quickening him when he runs away. Summons in FF12 are for losers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    You're supposed to use Adaman armor to half the fire damage and dawn shard on your battering ram character (use Decoy), the guy will do like 100 damage tops. Silence him so he can't call for help, melee him down until he does his 2 renewals, or try to Quickening him when he runs away. Summons in FF12 are for losers.
    Explain how I'm supposed to do that at the point in the game I was at. You really should read the post, for serious.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My hardest fight was that gilsnapper turtle in the marsh . I did it around lv 20-25, took me 1hour to get it down to 10% and I wiped. My 2nd attempt was a win after another 1hour epic kite fest.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I mistakingly fought Ring Wyrm in Estersands at like lv.12~14. I managed to somehow land Blind on it right off the bat and that was probably the only reason I lasted fighting it for about 4 hours manually with pretty much no gambits (because of how early in the game this was). Any time he landed a hit it one-shot someone.

I had a lot of fun trying to get it dead via Balthier's gun and a berserked Vassler, until I had it at about 10% and it rejeuvenated itself back up to like 75%... then I ran away like a bitch.

New Merits
    BG Level

Fucking Zio in Phantasy Star IV; I absolutely sodomized him the first time I played through, but it was because I had been power leveling my people on Land Worms before him (those things were fucking ridiculous <3). The second time I played through it (sans Land Worms), I must have tried like 8 fucking times before I finally downed him.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Not sure if it was supposed to be easy but the hardest fight I had in FF12 was second fight with gilgamesh. it felt epic, was way under leveled, barely made it to the fight zone, and was near death most of th time but I got him

Also....every god damn boss fight in Legend of Legaia. Bosses that can 1 shot your characters unless you defend (sometimes that didnt help), no matter what level you are, is not cool...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Slayzer
    Not sure if it was supposed to be easy but the hardest fight I had in FF12 was second fight with gilgamesh. it felt epic, was way under leveled, barely made it to the fight zone, and was near death most of th time but I got him

Also....every god damn boss fight in Legend of Legaia. Bosses that can 1 shot your characters unless you defend (sometimes that didnt help), no matter what level you are, is not cool...
    Ugh, speaking of Legaia... I HATED that trio... Delilas Family or something? I had trouble with them, everyone else said they were easy.

I didn't really have trouble with anything except them! (The chick was easy though)

>:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh my god, legend of legia had the most absurd bosses. Awesome bosses, but absurd none the less.

There was this poison plant boss at the top of a ower/town that absolutely ravaged me for SO LONG. His hits could one shot you, and if they did not they left your party zombified meaning you couldnt use all of your limbs. So even if he didn't kill you you could not use the right combo attacks to actually kill him.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gilgamesh Part II was my hardest fight in terms of sheer panic.

Yaizmat was long, but not hard.

Re: FUCKING EPIC boss battles that really should be easy.

Gilgamesh part 2 was freakin Epic hard until I found out Enkidu can be slept+Oiled.

Took me alot of tries before i figured that out.
    Most fun boss battle ive played in a long time (read: years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast