Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How to deal with Jeuno repops after boss is dead?

On all of the Dynamis-Jeuno runs I've been to, there's always the issue of having hours to farm after killing the boss. My dynamis LS kills the boss at Maat's place, but there are simply too many repops in front of the palace to fight. Is there a better place to pull the boss or some way of dealing with these pops that I'm not aware of?

editedlolz

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

My LS rarely stays in Jeuno after the boss is dead because the repops are so plentiful and so hard. We just make up for it by killing absolutely everything before the boss is pulled.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

After we beat Jeuno, things seem to slow down and it take us longer to kill everything. I've always wondered why until our last run.

Someone aggroed the two statues underneath the bridge that spawns a whole mess of goblins around the fountain. Anyone caught in that mess HP'd and we left them alone while continuing our way throught dynamis. After we beat the boss at the AH (safe place if you stay away from steps) everything got weird.

I could see about 7 people from my ls, /ta didn't work at all if I wasn't right on top of them. But I could still see the goblins in the middle and the mess that is at the entrance to upper jeuno. There are just so many mobs up in jeuno that the server loads them first before loading the PC's which makes everyones job that much harder. How can you /assist someone who you can't target even with /ta or how can you heal someone who doesn't exist to you unless you are right next to them.

I understand the need to prioritize NPC's before PC's but I don't need to see NPC's that I am not near, I'd rather like to see my own team thank you very much.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

One of the things we do is before we start going towards the palace we take out the AH area. You want to pull the walking left and center replicas when the walking right is at its furthest point. There's only one point in time you can do that. Everything else is linking, possibly linking with the center stationary replica (which spawns 3 SMNs and links the NM with it). We usually go after this before the palace so in the event the pull goes bad, puller can just run in a circle.

We pull boss to where Maat is and kill him there. Then we send a thief out to pull the mess of repops. He kites them around the big stairs in the lobby, paladins provoke 2-4 off the train. The thief just kites the remainder bag outside and dies in tractor range. The group kills the 2-4 while someone tractors and raises the thief. Repeat with thief #2.

It's not perfect, but the repops are a lot harder. This allows us to slowly whittle away until we can emerge from the castle. We've actually come very very close to clearing Jeuno with this method.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why not kill boss at mog house?

very carefully

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The mog house isn't the greatest b/c a lot of stuff repops right on the zoneline. I remember people HPing just to get the clear b/c there was no way to reraise. I guess if you had a ton of people or a ton of blms, you might be able to deal with the repops at the mog house, but I can't remember well enough at how much pops on top of you there. (all I know is it was enough to wipe out everyone after the boss died)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Just pull to the AH and then fight the repops like a man.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

AH is the best spot.

I used to do MH with my LS, but you always got that moron who doesnt stand in the elevator and aggros the first repop stat.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seii
    Just pull to the AH and then fight the repops like a man.
    We did this last night, all went well until the last mob, NIN NM. He decided to honour us with a mijin gakure dealing 3000+ dmg to most members. We raised up and killed him and he proceeded to drop SAM boots.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

When I do this, I the boss to the moghouse & fight it there, I tell everyone to stand inside the moghouse, nobody's allowed to leave. I pull the boss & run around the big square of Ru'Lude Gardens, till another blm stuns the boss & takes him back. But i always have to HP :\ I used a reraise hairpin once to try to save xp, but it wasnt worth reraising, ther'es too many repops.

Even with a BLM army, repops are the devil. They pop insanley hard in Jeuno, and in such tight spaces, everything links to everything. It's a nightmare. </3 Jeuno > <

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    very carefully
    indeed. wayyyyyyy back in the day, before we did it "very carefully" with almaa's help, this happened -

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6816 ... t695xa.jpg

thank god almaa came along to enlighten us

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

el oh el was that the 1st jeuno we did?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    very carefully
    indeed. wayyyyyyy back in the day, before we did it "very carefully" with almaa's help, this happened -

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6816 ... t695xa.jpg

thank god almaa came along to enlighten us
    The first thing that came to my mind when looking at that statue is
    GREEN EYE STATUE MP++++++++

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well quickret, look at names such as "elitaone" and "koy"

i think it very possibly could be

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    After we beat Jeuno, things seem to slow down and it take us longer to kill everything. I've always wondered why until our last run.

Someone aggroed the two statues underneath the bridge that spawns a whole mess of goblins around the fountain. Anyone caught in that mess HP'd and we left them alone while continuing our way throught dynamis. After we beat the boss at the AH (safe place if you stay away from steps) everything got weird.

I could see about 7 people from my ls, /ta didn't work at all if I wasn't right on top of them. But I could still see the goblins in the middle and the mess that is at the entrance to upper jeuno. There are just so many mobs up in jeuno that the server loads them first before loading the PC's which makes everyones job that much harder. How can you /assist someone who you can't target even with /ta or how can you heal someone who doesn't exist to you unless you are right next to them.

I understand the need to prioritize NPC's before PC's but I don't need to see NPC's that I am not near, I'd rather like to see my own team thank you very much.
    something similar happened to us too once, and i forgot about it until now. we pulled back to the MH (which i hope we never do again) and some horrible bug happened once the repops showed up where the few of us that were left alive couldn't see most people, and the ones we could see we couldn't target half of them. being one of the WHMs, it really sucked. i think a lot of people had to HP, only a few people that needed the win got it, etc. weird.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Yeah, Dynamis Jeuno is bugged, happenens to me anytime we clear it, cant even /target Name, or /ma Raise Name