+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PAX Prime 2012     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

04-25-12 Registration Update
    Here's where we're at:

#1. We tried a new registration vendor this year. It....didn't work out. We are going back to our previous vendor and registration should be set up next week.

#2. For those of you who have successfully registered, we'll shoot you an email next week to confirm your registration.

#3. We're really sorry about this =(.

The good news is that if you bought with the system that failed and still got a confirmation email you're good to go. Everyone else will have to wait a week.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I'll actually be around for this, how much is it and is it worth it/fun?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

3 day badges are $65 I think? That covers 95% of the content as well, only vendors and some product-bearing tournaments have entry fees.

It's probably my favorite convention, honestly. People are friendly, the atmosphere is excellent, and the spread of content usually means there's something for everyone.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

If anyone is going to this, would they be able to pick up some of the Kid Icarus AR card packs for me? i'll pay for shipping and all that.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Sooooooo 3 day badges are sold out, a mere like 6 hours after they reopened reg after the initial snafu

Hotels are also going fast

If you want to go, get the fuck in now.

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Saturday badges are gone.

I miss the days when you could buy at the door. Looks like our streak ended at four years.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Awesome. Sunday is the only day left. Something tells me they need to move to a bigger venue next year.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Is there a bigger venue in Seattle? I'm pretty sure Safeco field is booked for the Summer.

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There's no bigger venue in the immediate area. Safeco and Qwest Field are both open air.

Apparently the state has been dicking around with the idea of expanding the convention center for a while now. Since they built it on top of a freeway though, it's kind of tough to do.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They could build an annex hall but that would involve years of construction. PAX Prime's attendance crush problems aren't going to be solved anytime soon.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I was going to wonder if PAX East took any of the load off of attendance, but this states pretty plainly it's really yep or really nope.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Attendance.svg

Those are pretty fucking impressive numbers, even AX didn't rise that fast.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Typical convention growing pains. Even if they open up PAX Southeast or PAX Europe demand for East/Prime tickets will continue to rise.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Me and my group got our confirmation emails for our 3 day passes. Can't wait. 3rd PAX Prime for all of us.

Bump -- Anyone else on BG going to this?

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    If anyone is going to this, would they be able to pick up some of the Kid Icarus AR card packs for me? i'll pay for shipping and all that.
    I missed this.

I'll see what I can do for you Jornna.

/hockey bro fist bump

I'm gonna be living in Seattle while this is going on, but I didn't manage to nab any tickets. Sad times, but I'd be willing to hang out with any BGers that are in town for it!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix today announced the official North American 25-year celebration of Final Fantasy, one of the most groundbreaking video game franchises in history. A new website dedicated to this occasion allows fans to share their memorable experiences and stay up-to-date on the various events planned throughout the rest of the year.

Since its first release in 1987, Final Fantasy has won hundreds of awards and has received tremendous praise from fans around the world. The franchise titles are currently displayed in the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s “The Art of Video Games” exhibit that showcases the forty-year evolution of video games as an artistic medium. With fourteen installments of the main game and multiple sequels and spin-offs, the brand has expanded into other areas including motion pictures, anime, merchandise and publications.

In conjunction with the official Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary event in Tokyo, Square Enix will kick-off the North American festivities at Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) Prime 2012 with the franchise’s first “Experience Final Fantasy” event on Friday, August 31 from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the ACT Theatre in Seattle. The general public is invited to re-experience their most cherished Final Fantasy games through dozens of playable units that span multiple generations and participate in a series of commemorative activities and games for fans of the renowned franchise. Prizes include fan favorite character plushies and a custom Final Fantasy XIII-2 branded PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Attendees will also be able to receive a special 25th anniversary poster featuring Yoshitaka Amano’s artwork.

Near the end of the event at 7:30 p.m., fans will also have the opportunity to learn about the new details about the direction of Lightning’s story through a special video message from the esteemed creators Yoshinori Kitase (producer), Motomu Toriyama (director) and Isamu Kamikokuryo (art director).

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Oh man, I'm so going to that SE event then. Was planning to go to the ArenaNet pavilion if they had one, but since they don't this year, SE it is. Getting that Amano poster.