Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Dynamis-Qufim glitch / game crash - anyone else had this?

LS did Dynamis-Qufim at the weekend (yes COP dynamis zones aren't brilliant but everywhere else, and I mean everywhere, was taken) and I had a complete and total nightmare trying to enter the zone. I'm trying to find out if I'm going completely crazy, if it's a known game issue, or if it's my computer at fault with what was going on.

Got the stupid cutscene and insane wall-of-lag I generally get entering zones, but then I'd load into the zone, get the === Area: Dynamis-Qufim === line, occasionally a line or two of LS chat, and the second it came up with the "Cesaria is unable to access support job abilities" message... POL crash. This happened about 10 times - with windower on, windower off, using the older version of windower from when the update broke the last one, and after a fresh reboot with absolutely none of the garbage usually on my PC running.

It was definitely linked to the support jobs message - because the second we got subjobs back I was able to enter the zone just fine (just as I was in the middle of arranging for a friend to log me in and move me out of the zone in the morning so I could go to bed and admit defeat for the night) and carry on as normal. I've done the other 2 CoP zones just fine several times - so I'm wondering if there's some issue anyone else has had with the Qufim zone, or does my PC just really really suck?

Didn't bother calling a GM cos I couldn't be bothered with the 4 hour wait to be told nothing of any use.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

update your icon .dat switch pack
    the icon for sj restriciton was bugged in one pack and caused the game to crash >_>

Oooh that could well be it - I do have custom icons installed.

Thanks!

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quick i need the link, faranim's LJ is down and I apparently have the corrupt one.

NVM SJ restriction removed while I was out...but I still need updated ones :/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

1 time after I died in Qufim I lost 5 items including Forager's Mantle and some other 5M+ items. They just disappeared so I definately fcouldnt equip them, yet they were somehow counted in my inventory space. Thank god they were in my inventory again after I left Dynamis- Qufim