Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Puddles     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puddles

How the hell do you not get puddled? I used to never get puddled but now I get puddled more often than not...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Puddles

What is this puddle you speak of?

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

depends?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i think it is X number of people applied at the same time and she did not pick you. with more and more people mouthing off the tricks to get in even i am having a harder time getting in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kael
    What is this puddle you speak of?
    The puddle that she drops your application into no matter how carefully you hand it to her.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

it's stupid but just seems to be some type of anti-bot mechanism, no other purpose afaik.
    and w/more and more ppl using the macro tactics its prolly increased the % of having it done to any one person

Sagacious Sundi

What I wonder is where the hell this so-called "puddle" came from, when it never rains in Al Zahbi.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    What I wonder is where the hell this so-called "puddle" came from, when it never rains in Al Zahbi.
    Who says its water?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Who says its water?
    She's in labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Who says its water?
    She's in labour.
    Most of those pit monsters are hardly even paper-trained. Tip: Don't walk around the cages with shoes you want to keep afterwards, Wyvern droppings are toxic.

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Perhaps the puddle has something to do with the fact that if you're in a party of two people you can reserve the other person's slot at the same time. Has anyone seen the "puddle" message in Diablo cage?

For instance (timing):

Player 1 submits application, success.
    Player 2 (partied with Player 3) submits application for the both of them: success.
    (Player 3 has about 5 minutes to follow player 2's application to finalize his reservation)
    Player 3 finalizes the reservation with Player 2. Player 1's application has now become null and void (puddled?) regardless of whether or not player 3 accepts.

I thought about this when I tried reserving a duo slot for Pankration. I submitted and it accepted, and I immediately checked my opponent: a lv 14 something or other. Then my party member declined her reservation (we miscommunicated and she accidentally opened the slot), someone else entirely took the (now open) slot, and I was fighting someone else's lv 5 Sabotender.

So there's definitely something weird going on with the duo confirmation script. Some further testing may be in order, I just wanted to share my experience.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Who says its water?
    She's in labour.
    I posted that expecting these responses.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

From what I have seen she drops your application in a puddle only if you click your prompts too fast, and it's unrelated to how many times you spammed trade/macro. I have gotten it spamming 20+ times before I knew about the right time to spam, and I have also gotten after only a second try. If you hit enter enter up enter too fast is when they drop it, which seems to be an anti-botting mechanism. I have pretty slow reflexes so I don't get puddled that often.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Halion
    From what I have seen she drops your application in a puddle only if you click your prompts too fast, and it's unrelated to how many times you spammed trade/macro. I have gotten it spamming 20+ times before I knew about the right time to spam, and I have also gotten after only a second try. If you hit enter enter up enter too fast is when they drop it, which seems to be an anti-botting mechanism. I have pretty slow reflexes so I don't get puddled that often.
    i very rarely (and by very i mean VERY) ever see the prompt window. i have been puddled about 4 times all when there were tons of people around the npc. i think my idea suits it best from my experiences.

but we wont know for sure until the wait time goes under max.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Halion
    I think I will conclude with this until otherwise, since the only time I've been puddled is when I went really fast. I remember being really pissed and all "COME ON! THAT WAS THE FASTEST I'VE CLICKED FOR THIS DAMN THING!"

Lilfoo's idea also makes sense, but I haven't really paid attention to the amount of people.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

puddles being an anti-botting mechanism would mean that SE thought ahead, forsaw the pit rush, and decided to treat the effect instead of the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    puddles being an anti-botting mechanism would mean that SE thought ahead, forsaw the pit rush, and decided to treat the effect instead of the cause.
    I'm starting to think that they might know what they're doing!

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

You guys are over thinking this~ It's just some gay thing SE thought was funny and put in to piss us off. That's my opinion.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by fndragon
    Perhaps the puddle has something to do with the fact that if you're in a party of two people you can reserve the other person's slot at the same time. Has anyone seen the "puddle" message in Diablo cage?

For instance (timing):

Player 1 submits application, success.
    Player 2 (partied with Player 3) submits application for the both of them: success.
    (Player 3 has about 5 minutes to follow player 2's application to finalize his reservation)
    Player 3 finalizes the reservation with Player 2. Player 1's application has now become null and void (puddled?) regardless of whether or not player 3 accepts.

I thought about this when I tried reserving a duo slot for Pankration. I submitted and it accepted, and I immediately checked my opponent: a lv 14 something or other. Then my party member declined her reservation (we miscommunicated and she accidentally opened the slot), someone else entirely took the (now open) slot, and I was fighting someone else's lv 5 Sabotender.

So there's definitely something weird going on with the duo confirmation script. Some further testing may be in order, I just wanted to share my experience.
    When you actually get it reserved, both slots are full and others can not apply, even this player 1. You also could not reserve if player 1 submitted before you. When your other member cancels a reservation that lot opens up and the first spammer/bot will get it. That is why your opponent changed. The lvl 14 opponent was probably just a glitch and would have said "your oppenent has yet to complete the registration process" within a couple seconds.

The puddle effect seems to happen more often when someone is just spamming a macro, instead of hitting it at the correct time. This is probably to help prevent bots from taking every slot.

Banned.

BG Level

I've got puddle'd in Diablo.