Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Moralistic Medical Standpoint Question

Is it wrong that I believe people over their 70's shouldn't get treatment if they develop cancer of any kind? I mean like if they aren't 100% healthy that is. My point is that, you get treatment to prolong your life and since your over your 70's you could die at any moment. So what would be the point?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Re: Moralistic Medical Standpoint Question

Quote Originally Posted by Greenjade
    to prolong your life
    :bagel:

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

point is to prolong their life, they want to live just as much as you do, who says they get less enjoyment out of life, hell most of them dont have to worry about a job anymore and have tons of leisure time. that's a pretty nice life.

Tonko

Wow, there's SO much wrong with this.

For instance: My grandad. He's 78, and runs marathons. If he developed colon cancer, you're saying he should be denied treatment?

Fuck you and your ageism, everybody, regardless of age, socioeconomic status, race, or what have you, deserves medical treatment, and the best comfort measures possible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Midgets shouldn't get medical treatment.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

KI/Alla users who bring their crappy opinion threads to BG shouldn't get medical treatment.

While I don't believe that people should be denied medical treatment simply based on a certain factor such as age, I do believe that the more illnesses we cure, and the longer the average lifespan becomes due to increased medical technology, the more screwed we become. Unless of course we manage to colonize Mars.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko

For instance: My grandad. He's 78, and runs marathons. If he developed colon cancer, you're saying he should be denied treatment?

Fuck you and your ageism, everybody, regardless of age, socioeconomic status, race, or what have you, deserves medical treatment, and the best comfort measures possible.

If you actually read what I wrote, I said if they aren't 100% healthy. And yes everyone should get medical treatment no matter what. But sometimes it is pointless to get surgery if there is more then a 50% chance of death on the table.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

If you actually read what I wrote, I said if they aren't 100% healthy. And yes everyone should get medical treatment no matter what. But sometimes it is pointless to get surgery if there is more then a 50% chance of death on the table.
    yeah ok, shut the fuck up. You are a moron.

Lock this shit please.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

you're basically saying someone gets to judge if someones life is worth it, you realize that right?

How exactly does this

Is it wrong that I believe people over their 70's shouldn't get treatment if they develop cancer of any kind?
    fit with this

And yes everyone should get medical treatment no matter what.
    ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

GDI, sorry. >< My brother decided to use my account to post this. He's doing a paper for his class. He said he was just checking his Myspace. --; And he posts this. Anyway can this topic be locked please? So I can go beat the crap out of my brother. --;

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

lol
    i'm crying here

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

bahahahaha

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

sureeeeeeeee

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can see where he's going with this... With an overpopulated America (assuming only in America) the decision of who gets to live and who gets to die should never come up, but it does. I think the better question would be: Hypothetically, should a 70+ aged person get medical treatment over, let's say.. A 7 year old. It's quite a question and moral and ethics will def be challenged. It would be interesting to debate though.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

cant unsay it

"Hey, it was my brother on my pc, i didnt download that cp!"

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    I can see where he's going with this... With an overpopulated America (assuming only in America) the decision of who gets to live and who gets to die should never come up, but it does. I think the better question would be: Hypothetically, should a 70+ aged person get medical treatment over, let's say.. A 7 year old. It's quite a question and moral and ethics will def be challenged. It would be interesting to debate though.
    No it isn't, just abort more babies and feed them to Jesus.

GDI, sorry. >< My brother decided to use my account to post this. He's doing a paper for his class. He said he was just checking his Myspace. --; And he posts this. Anyway can this topic be locked please? So I can go beat the crap out of my brother. --;
    My cop-out alarm is blaring.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    No it isn't, just abort more babies and feed them to Jesus.
    I'm going to allow this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast