Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MND/HNMs and Banish Testing

Sorry if this topic may seem a bit misleading (I have no current info yet), but I've overheard that via Banish (and an unresisted Banish most likely) you can test the MND of an HNM, by seeing the static damage it does in relation to the mobs MND. No I don't have any info on it myself, but I believe it was Janice who mentioned it can be done. Is there already a formula out there? Like such and such mob takes XXX amount of damage from Banish III when MND is a certain amount.

If not, I was thinking if you Banish III'ed someone in Ballista, if you can determine through that and comparing how much an ES Banish III does to say Tiamat, you could determine his MND. (obviously taking into account the -50% Magical damage taken.) I'll be testing this shortly in Ballista, so maybe I can come to some conlusions.

P.S. Basically this came to mind when recently alot of people have been figuring out that Slow is indeed not a static percentage, but based off of MND. May be OFNs, but I know alot of people within my LS and others found this to be something new.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

FYI: ballista tests are worthless, because everything is nerfed to fuck, including magic damage

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    FYI: ballista tests are worthless, because everything is nerfed to fuck, including magic damage
    Everything? Yeah thats why I asked, because I don't ballista that much myself, I wasn't sure exactly how things worked as far as magical damage calculations. I'd rather just go off of some other testings done by JPs who know alot more then us somehow.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is this a banish with or without Novio equipped?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You can have a bard Virelai a Colibri to get charmed and test Banish on them instead of doing it in Ballista.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Freight
    lol
    lolfaggyfag

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin
    lol
    lolfaggyfag
    nour

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin
    lol
    lolfaggyfag
    Khamsin's LS actually has Novios, so believe it or not its a legit piece of humor

Going to try it w/ AF2 hands? Might throw off your results though, and only against undead...

I read Khamsin's post as another retarded jab at Map's LS for their loot distrobution system, and not about any of our own Novios.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    I read Khamsin's post as another retarded jab at Map's LS for their loot distrobution system, and not about any of our own Novios.
    Uggh here goes my topic, derailed into Map oblivion. At least this'll keep it bumped till someone can find an answer to the OP. :wink:

Okay, then on topic, has anyone actually tested if damage vs. a charmed player is calculated under the regular rules, or if all PvP damage is the same as the wtfballista rules?

You could also attempt to derive the answer using the BLM debuff / abs-mnd + banish on ronf.rabbits.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

FFXI plays fast and loose with percentages when it comes to physical damage reduction (see here and here) so it would not surprise me if the same were true of Mag. def. bonuses on HNMs.

As such it would cloud any numbers you're able to infer based on your Banish testing (and don't use Ballista as a reliable source, damage calculations are very weird there). I've never seen any data because a) WHMs almost never get a chance to Banish HNMs and b) "lolwhat'scappeddivinemagicdo" but I'm betting rounding errors + FFXI's filthy lies about percentages = the best you can do is probably get a range of MND values, even if you account for Mag. Def. Bonus, especially since pop levels can vary for some mobs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    lolwhat'scappeddivinemagicdo
    Flash?

FFXI plays fast and loose with percentages when it comes to physical damage reduction (see here and here) so it would not surprise me if the same were true of Mag. def. bonuses on HNMs.
    I thought it was already proven that -physical damage is based off of 256ths, not pure percentages. Nothing knew in that OP. As far as MDB on HNMs, I wasn't aware alot of HNMs (short of ones that have obvious job bonuses) had MDB. I already stated that you would have to take into account the -50% magical damage on Wyrms, but beside that I think the results should be pretty conclusive.

As such it would cloud any numbers you're able to infer based on your Banish testing (and don't use Ballista as a reliable source, damage calculations are very weird there). but I'm betting rounding errors + FFXI's filthy lies about percentages = the best you can do is probably get a range of MND values, even if you account for Mag. Def. Bonus, especially since pop levels can vary for some mobs.
    Well I wouldnt be worrying about mobs popping different levels, as even a 3 level range would still likely help me realize the approx MND needed to reach cap Slow. Wether Tiamat is 90 or 93 doesnt matter, knowing wether or not he has 70 or 120 MND does. And as far as unreliable Ballista testing, where is this coming from? Are people just unaware of how much MND/INT someone can stack in Ballista in comparison to an NPCs, and therefore assume nukes are nerfed? Just curious how people have come to this conclusion, as not much else seems to be nerfed. (yeah yeah, multi-hit WSes/sleeps, but that was stated in a patch)

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Flash?
    It was a joke Divine is the last thing any WHM caps and +Divine gear is either vendor trash (Mighty Pole) or goes to RDMs (Nashira Serawheels). Any testing worth doing is going to have to require capped+buffed divine since relying on Elemental Seal for unresisted Banishes will bore anybody to death.

Flash?
    Any testing worth doing is going to have to require capped+buffed divine since relying on Elemental Seal for unresisted Banishes will bore anybody to death.
    Not necessarily, only would need to continually cast on a mob till there was a full affect (no resist). It's pretty obvious when you get no resist, since resists are in tiers. Getting an unresisted Banish III on an equal level PC wouldn't be too hard to achieve without ES, even doing it multiple times.

As far as Tiamat, you would only need to cast one unresisted Banish III on him with the same MND as what you used for the previous tests, and without any MND lowering debuffs. Could just use Elemental Seal once and you have your info. Unless you wanted to save that for something more important. >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Aw, come on, its a WHM with Novio, how can you not make a jab?

Yes, I'm sure the WHM had double the points of their next BLM and all that, but that's not the joke.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Flash?
    It was a joke Divine is the last thing any WHM caps and +Divine gear is either vendor trash (Mighty Pole) or goes to RDMs (Nashira Serawheels). Any testing worth doing is going to have to require capped+buffed divine since relying on Elemental Seal for unresisted Banishes will bore anybody to death.
    My Divine Magic was always capped when I was leveling WHM, and it was my only capped magic for a long time, Flash is great for WHM and such. I think I capped Enfeebling Magic next (Dia), a long time after Divine, and then Enhancing. My healing Magic is like 230 or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast