Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cor Solo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

sciezka.

Cor Solo

hi guys.
    i have recently been soloing a couple of NMs on my cor and im just wondering
    what are the NMs that people have been able to solo on Cor.
    i so far have soloed: Chigre, Wulgaru, and Brass Borer.
    if everyone could list me some NMs that can be and ill try to kill them.
    (i already know about jailer of fortitude)
    Thank you.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift View Post
    can cor's get two forms of 12% movement speed? Or ... am I remembering this wrong.

they can use W legs ya?
    Skadi Boots
    Hermes Sandles
    Wlegs

But they don't stack I believe.

Not to hi-jack but is there a site/guide somewhere that states how COR solo? I wish to find out more.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Not to hi-jack but is there a site/guide somewhere that states how COR solo? I wish to find out more.
    This is a decent enough outline of JoF: kegsay - Corsair Soloing - Jailer of Fortitude It also links to a forum post on KI that talks about COR soloing a bit.

But the basic premise is to use enhanced movement speed to keep away from the monster you are fighting while swapping in gear during Job Abilities to blink the animation and using Quick Draw to slowly whittle the monster to death.

I'd really be interested in a comprehensive list of stuff people have soloed on COR, but most of what I've heard is the standard JoF & ZNMs type stuff. I'm sure there are more as just about anything with 100% movement speed or less should be soloable in this fashion.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

COR can solo pretty much anything they can run in a circle and it doesn't move faster than normal. It can take a long time to kill alot of the things, but its doable. I personally have solo'd chigre, the tier 2 robot ZNM and JoF (well ok most of them weren't complete solos but I can confidently say that i could have done them all solo with no problem).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Gration. JA's don't get intimidated afaik so it might even solo it the fastest.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

lil' apkallu, iriz ima, a bunch of la vaule NMs, charybdis if you manage to pull him far enough, ix'mnk, ix'drk, fortitude, etc

Pretty much anything that doesn't run fast, rage, or use bad ranged attacks/cures and has an area to kite in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    lil' apkallu, iriz ima, a bunch of la vaule NMs, charybdis if you manage to pull him far enough, ix'mnk, ix'drk, fortitude, etc

Pretty much anything that doesn't run fast, rage, or use bad ranged attacks/cures and has an area to kite in.
    How would you go about pulling charby?

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Run around the pillars in his pop room until you've got 15+ distance or so, pop a sneak oil, run to the fishing pond keeping him between 10 and 15 distance behind you so he doesn't deaggro.

Didn't say it'd be easy, but it's possible in theory.

Alternately, you could just have someone run ahead and aggro everything for you, but that wouldn't be a real solo.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow! I really never knew it's this easy (or so it seems).

Does quick draw depend on ranged accuracy? I know you need Magic Attack Bonus to enhance damage, but if accuracy isn't a huge issue (well, I've got some ranged accuracy gear I can use, W.Hands come to mind, I'll figure out the rest later once I get to the solo stage). And as per notes above, I assume that it doesn't matter which card/shot you use? It'll do the same damage?

I've got an to do it now. And look pirate cool!

EDIT: And I always wanted a gun job!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    COR can solo pretty much anything they can run in a circle and it doesn't move faster than normal. It can take a long time to kill alot of the things, but its doable. I personally have solo'd chigre, the tier 2 robot ZNM and JoF (well ok most of them weren't complete solos but I can confidently say that i could have done them all solo with no problem).
    Any specific start on chigre? Got a pop item and I'd love to try it

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

You know the big square-shaped tunnel where Nosferatu is usually kited? Pop and run it there. You can just melee the 2 chigoes nearby to death before popping, and make sure the malboro isn't close.

Don't get hit because debuffs suck. COR/RDM is probably best. Easy to proc pendant and can use bio2 for extra dot.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Run around the pillars in his pop room until you've got 15+ distance or so, pop a sneak oil, run to the fishing pond keeping him between 10 and 15 distance behind you so he doesn't deaggro.

Didn't say it'd be easy, but it's possible in theory.

Alternately, you could just have someone run ahead and aggro everything for you, but that wouldn't be a real solo.
    it'd deaggro about 15 seconds after you left the room. it's pretty damn hard to get it there on rdm using bind -> run -> deaggro -> repeat, it'd be 100% impossible on any job that can't bind it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Concept is the same for pretty much any solo. As long as you can kite safely, have enhanced speed and the patience you can use the same method.

it's basically rdm without the usefulness, you can solo standard run speed things and that's it(note that any job with movement speed and some form of DOT can do that) >_>

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ohhhhh god I want to level COR.... it's only level 4 (I wanted to use the dice that came with COR so I levelled it to 5, used it and blood ported, delevelling me)

How about Ob (ZNM)? I'd love to solo that for cash.

I've got an to do it now. And look pirate cool!

EDIT: And I always wanted a gun job!
    Oh god - now I have a mental image of The Stig from Top Gear with a pirate hat rammed on top of the crash helmet doing a Jack Sparrow. Thanks for that!

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Does quick draw depend on ranged accuracy? I know you need Magic Attack Bonus to enhance damage, but if accuracy isn't a huge issue (well, I've got some ranged accuracy gear I can use, W.Hands come to mind, I'll figure out the rest later once I get to the solo stage). And as per notes above, I assume that it doesn't matter which card/shot you use? It'll do the same damage?
    Quick Draw damage is only affected by Day/Weather, Stave bonuses, MAB and AGI. Your AGI determines your resist rate. Racc and Rattack don't come into play at all, so wyrmal hands don't do anything for you really. And yeah, all cards do the same base amount of damage.

Wizard's Roll is a pretty reliable way to increase QD Dmg, since it's MAB+. I typically solo with Wizard's+Dancer's on fulltime with /Nin, around things that hit me on occasion. JoFort worked out that way, but be warned it takes a whole lot of cards, time, and a pretty sturdy stomach. Running around in a small circle for 2-3 hours makes me dizzy xD

Edit: Forgot the most important factor in QD Dmg. Gun and Bullet DMG score >.>.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    it'd deaggro about 15 seconds after you left the room. it's pretty damn hard to get it there on rdm using bind -> run -> deaggro -> repeat, it'd be 100% impossible on any job that can't bind it.
    As long as you maintain the 15~ range it should be easily possible to just QD if it deaggros. Given that equip swaps remove the animation issues it wouldn't even put you in any danger.

Also, I tried Dea. You can definately solo it, except you probably can't kill the thing before it rages so guestimate is around 3-4 hours to kill. It took me an hour to get to to around ... 40%? Then it raged, and I just had some more people come out, died, unraged, and killed normally.

sciezka.

i can see there is alot of interest on the solo subject. so, ill build off of what i have done.
    so far i have soloed Chigre, Brass Borer, and Wulgaru. the next on my list is Anantaboga.
    all 3 can be done /blm (i only /nin when its my first time soloing the mob and am unsure of what to happen). the rolls i use for soloing are wizards, warlocks, and dancers. wizards is 100% of the time, dancers is if i need hp, and warlocks is if hp is good.

with Chigre, just pull him to the square room as stated and run him around in circles. make sure that on your rolls/QDs that you have gear being macroed in and out so that your JAs get blinked, causing you to be able to keep running and not stop. i used Ice shot on this one. /blm is fine here

Wulgaru, run him around the telepads which is a big square. use water shot here. bring a water obi if you have it cuz its rain weather there. /blm is fine here.

Brass Borer, only hard part bout this one is the pull. need to pop him and then run like heck past the gate heading NE. once you are far enough away you need to pop on sneak and invis and then continue NE into the tunnel. once you get out head over to the beach and begin kiting. watchout for the ghost at night time. water shot here. also dont get too close, if you do he will cannonball you (i got cannonballed and he nearly 1 shotted me). /blm is fine here if you have sneak and invis pots, for that reason i went /rdm.
    ill let you all know how Anantaboga goes.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    As long as you maintain the 15~ range it should be easily possible to just QD if it deaggros. Given that equip swaps remove the animation issues it wouldn't even put you in any danger.

Also, I tried Dea. You can definately solo it, except you probably can't kill the thing before it rages so guestimate is around 3-4 hours to kill. It took me an hour to get to to around ... 40%? Then it raged, and I just had some more people come out, died, unraged, and killed normally.
    until you aggro a thousand mobs because QDing just took sneak off, and you can't put sneak up and start running before it gets in range, hits you taking you to half hp, and also canceling sneak again.

as for Dea, you could have deaggroed it (by dying, zoning (with dots on, so it doens't regen to full before you can reclaim it), or a deodorizer), let it regen 1 tic, then reclaimed to reset the rage timer. rage doesn't really matter if you have no competition ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast