FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Zero Escape 3 - Operation Bluebird

Zero Escape 3, which would have been the final game to the trilogy is most likely not going to happen or at least not in the near future. The creator has came out to respond to the fans on twitter with the following responses.

From Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by @Uchikoshi_Eng
    The followers using English have increased, so I decided to make another account exclusively for English. This is the account. I will tweet in English here. The user who can read English, please follow this account. And then, you may unfollow my Japanese account. However, I'm not good at English. Please forgive my terrible writing. I hope what I want to say is conveyed to you accurately.

First, I appreciate from the bottom of my heart to the users who played 999 or VLR. Thank you very much! I have received the messages of encouragement or cheer from many users so far. I am really glad and happy. I offer my deepest thanks!

Well... I guess you have been curious about ZE3.

In conclusion, unfortunately, I have to say that it is difficult to realize it "at this stage" yet, although we have done all we can. If possible, I'd not like to inform you of the news like this. But I decided to reveal it honestly. A lot of budget is needed to make ZE series. We have to persuade the managers in order to obtain it. The managers know that ZE series is especially valued by many users outside Japan. Some of them think that they want to make a sequel just as we wish.

But, "in Japan", 999 and VLR are in the red. They are not selling more than people think. I'm so sad, but all the companies exist for profit-making purposes. If the profits can't be expected, naturally, the project isn't approved.

We were not able to present a convincing reasonable basis to the managers. Of course, I can declare with confidence, "The next title will certainly get into the black!" However, it's not considered that the word have credibility. It does not become the cause of green light.

I am very sorry to all the users who are expecting ZE3. I feel ashamed of my own inadequacies. BUT! please remember. I wrote "at this stage". If the situation changes, ZE3 might be capable of being realized!

I still haven't given up. For example, if the title which I make next bring about a good result, the wind might shift to another direction. Or, if someone with executive ability (financer, producer, publisher or millionaire!) propose the investment, everything could go well. If there is an great investor who thinks "Virtue is its own reward", I wish him/her to send me a message. If you know such a wonderful person, please induce him/her to cooperate.

(Although we also examined crowd-funding like Kick Starter, we figured the idea is not quite persuasive enough...) I believe there is still hope. ZE3 will definitely be released somehow, someday! I will continue to seek a way out in cooperation with Allies. So, I would appreciate it if you could wait until then. Thank you!
    Fans have now started gathering at the Facebook Page: Operation Bluebird ZE3 which the creator has now retweeted.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Why would you start a thread like there's a shot at this game coming out?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Because I want to live in denial! This game has to come out... it has to. I can't let the game end on that cliffhanger of VLR!

I've been encouraging everyone everywhere to try to show support for this game.
    999 was one of my most favorite games on the DS and VLR was one of the two reasons why I purchased a Vita. If the creator is at a loss and can't get Japan to support this game--I have to hope that some sort of momentum elsewhere can.

I'm at a loss about the whole thing. I figured I'd have this game in the next two to four years. I had known that the sales were poor in Japan but I had no idea that it was so bad that this game would potentially NEVER come out.

Also I didn't want to bump the VLR thread from ages ago with this news... maybe future people who want to find out what happened to this game will find this buried when they ask why did VLR never have a real ending.

Edit: For those of you who don't know what Zero Escape is, the first game 999, 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors was for the DS. The second game is Virtue's Last Reward for the 3DS and PSVita. Both are visual novels with puzzles. They are meant to played sequentially and you do lose a little bit of the story by playing the second one before the first. Highly recommend it to anyone who is currently playing Dangan Ronpa (which just released recently).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just wish he isn't forced to tone it down like he was for VLR if the third part ever comes out, I always felt VLR was kind of mediocre compared to 999.

999 is one of the best games for the DS.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

That is definitely true. He was forced to change VLR to a tamer experience due to what his managers were pushing for. I still like VLR but nothing really beats 999 for being so gorey and unsettling. You could also tell that VLR was capable of being just as good as 999 but was being held back. I guess that's the only frustrating aspect I had with it.

999 is one of those games I wish I could mentally wipe from my brain so I could play it blind again.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Never played 999 but I liked VLR and I really don't like VNs so that is a testament to its greatness.
    I can't imagine that I'd like 999 more but hopefully the 3rd game will be just as good if it ever comes out. Sad news.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

999 is one of those games I wish I could mentally wipe from my brain so I could play it blind again.
    Me too.

Though still, in VLR, I remember yelling to someone I knew (that had played through it. . that is still cracked up to this day by it)

Spoiler: show
    ROBOT ARMS. SIGMA HAS ROBOT ARMS.