Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Connections Today     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Connections Today

Anyone else having constant problems with logging both on to POL and the game? Getting bombarded with POL-0011 and POL-1160

Yeah, was getting setup for a KRT MNK raid group and got super spammed with it twice already.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got an error I never got before: POL-1600

Said somethin about get page authentication and to check my password or wait till later. My password is stored though and there's no way it was wrong.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

We've been getting r0's and occasional AH problems over here on Siren. Looks like the DDoS'ers have found a way around all of SE's server upgrades. --;

been like that for myself and a few others in my linkshell basically since the server update, really bad since last night though

i cant even connect for the last 2 days, been getting Pol error 1600

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Yeah, was getting setup for a KRT MNK raid group and got super spammed with it twice already.
    ouch... >.<

i keep getting kicked while in game and i get outragous pings when my PC is fast and my connection is fine... well that's the shitty ffxi servers?
    (I can't recconect now for some reason)

editedlolz

Ok completely random.. didn't wanna start a new thread for this but...
    I got a few questions about maat for BLM. I asked everyone i know already but i would like to hear any strat. other people have. would help before going in and using my test.

so post those strats^_^.. got a video even cooler

then my friend emailed me this:
    -I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm told that Maat has the same stats as you do when you ENTER the fight. meaning, if you strip yourself (or maybe even equip stuff that lowers your important stats) and then equip your regular gear before fight him, it will give you a statistical advantage on him. Since Maat doesn't attack until you do, there's no real harm in trying this. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah can anyone confirm this?idk. lol thanks for your time

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalentine
    I havent been able to connect for the past 2 months...

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Basically lost Tiamat this morning b/c of DC's, RDM/SMN/BLM kept dc'ing then lost the main tank after 10% and he regenned to 20% trying to recover, by then it was 6am and people had to go to work. Killing a "under 10%" mode Tiamat from 20% at 6am isn't my idea of fun. Time for the JP's to have a turn on Siren :/

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalentine
    I havent been able to connect for the past 2 months...
    lol this is my 3rd day and i even reseted my Ip address and i still cant connect.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by anoush
    Ok completely random.. didn't wanna start a new thread for this but...
    I got a few questions about maat for BLM. I asked everyone i know already but i would like to hear any strat. other people have. would help before going in and using my test.

so post those strats^_^.. got a video even cooler

then my friend emailed me this:
    -I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm told that Maat has the same stats as you do when you ENTER the fight. meaning, if you strip yourself (or maybe even equip stuff that lowers your important stats) and then equip your regular gear before fight him, it will give you a statistical advantage on him. Since Maat doesn't attack until you do, there's no real harm in trying this. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah can anyone confirm this?idk. lol thanks for your time
    No real way to confirm the stat thing. Worth a shot, but I wouldn't go buying any INT- gear for him, just enter the BC nekkid and get equipped.

As for strategy, remember that ancient magics make your enemy weak to the opposite element, so use that to your advantage. Basic strat is:

Manafont
    Ancient Magic
    Sleep 2
    Ancient Magic
    Stun
    -ga III spell

My spell order @ 66 was
    Freeze (make him weak to Fire)
    Sleep 2
    Flare (Make him weak to water)
    Stun
    Waterga III

The purpose of starting with Manafont is to save the huge MP cost of the first spell, and also because you can't be interrupted while using Manafont so if Maat charges after you while you're tring to sleep him he won't interrupt you. If Sleep 2 is resisted use Sleep 1 immediately after, unless he's casting a big spell in which case you should stun first if possible. Gotta sleep before the second AM though, or there's no way to get it off alive.

I used Shaman's Cloak because I wasn't high enough for Black Cloak, but if you're 68+ Black Cloak is best. Use all the elemental skill gear you have, a resisted nuke makes this tough to clean up. Macro in AF body for sleep (you should be doing this already of course) and use the corresponding elemental staff for each spell, as well as Elemental Torque for nukes and Enfeebling/Spider Torque for sleep, if you have them.

Oh Melon Pie(+1), Yag Drink, keep a Vile Elixir+1 in case it goes to hell and you think you can still win it (restores 50% HP and MP instantly).

GL and have fun!

thanks my friend nekkster gave me that strat. too, used it beat him 1st try.... that pussy stopped me from leveling for a month but when i fought him the only shot he got off on me was blind lol thxagin chumm