+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Say Goodbye to Fellatio     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Say Goodbye to Fellatio

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/11/30...men/index.html
    The foundation attributes the rise to the increase in the number of women who smoke and drink excessively, because both tobacco and alcohol trigger oral cancer.

But there is another factor. In some cases, women are being found to have oral cancer caused by HPV, or the human papillomavirus (version 16). Different versions of HPV are present in most cases of cervical cancer. Like cervical cancer, in oral cancer cases, the virus is transferred through sexual activity.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Don't you ever say that shit ever again.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

cancer is now a communicable disease?

OH SHI-

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Say hello to a better HPV vaccine - maybe one that is finally approved for both genders.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Well that just blows.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Well that just blows.
    http://i50.tinypic.com/11lj1ab.jpg

Well that just blows.
    All of Qal's great one liners are exponentially more awesome, because I always read them in Morgan Freeman's voice.

go go Scotland! mandatory HPV vaccines here for girls ages 14+ or something.

TBH i think they're looking for any excuse to claim something causes cancer these days.
    As the great prophit Carlin told the masses [as a cure for cancer] ; "just get yourself some broccoli and it will clear any cancer straight up, cauliflour for the bigger tumors. "

BG Level

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardasil

If you are female, not married, and you haven't gotten this yet, you're fucking retarded.

Just...ya know...sayin'

Yeah this only has to do if you've got HPV, not the end of fellatio. Get'cho-self checked out, you shouldn't be spreading disease anyways

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Eunhye is the new Vajra? This story is just the religous right trying to demonized blowjobs again. Why do republicans hate blowjobs so much? Lord knows their priest love it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Yeah this only has to do if you've got HPV, not the end of fellatio. Get'cho-self checked out, you shouldn't be spreading disease anyways
    Have you ever tried to get tested for HPV as a man?

My health care provider sure as fuck won't test for it, my health insurance sure won't pay for it. Noone really gives a shit if a man has HPV, because it's not something that you do anything about if you have it (besides burn off a few warts if you have one of the few strains that cause warts - most don't have any symptoms at all).

Most sexually active Americans will get at least one strain of HPV at some point in their lives, and it's fucking retarded that Gardasil is only available to women. I have a friend who is involved in clinical trials for Gardasil in men, but the trial is only available for gay men who have anal sex (to see if it would be medically cleared for the prevention of anal cancer in men). I asked her if I could lie and sign up (or if she'd just steal some Gardasil for me) but she won't budge.

It's fucking retarded.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

HPV implicated in throat cancer is old news.

I've been tested for pretty much everything but this was like 5 years ago on my parents insurance. Also got tested for a very very wide range of things for an extensive life insurance policy uhh 3 years ago. So yeah, I'm pretty sure I've been tested. My girl gets tested like every year or so because she's at high risk for cervical cancer, so that's a double test for me to know I don't have it lol, and a good way to find out if she ever cheats on me

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Well that just blows.
    Hmm let me try

This sucks harder than a vacuum cleaner.

BG Level

I've been tested for pretty much everything but this was like 5 years ago on my parents insurance. Also got tested for a very very wide range of things for an extensive life insurance policy uhh 3 years ago. So yeah, I'm pretty sure I've been tested.
    I'd be surprised. Next time you go to the doctor, ask. I'm (as should you be) genuinely curious.

People think that when they get a "full STD screening" at their doctor or a clinic that HPV is a part of it. If you're a man, it's very doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.thehpvtest.com/About-HPV/FAQs-for-Men.html?LanguageCheck=1#Is-there-an-HPV-test-for-men
    Is there an HPV test for men? There is currently no FDA-approved test to detect HPV in men. That is because an effective, reliable way to collect a sample of male genital skin cells, which would allow detection of HPV, has yet to be developed. However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises men that they don't need to be worried about the lack of an HPV test for them. The agency states that "there is no clear health benefit to knowing if men have this virus, since HPV is unlikely to affect their health and cannot be treated. For most men, there would be no need to treat HPV, even if treatment were available, since it usually goes away on its own."
    So again, I'd be very surprised. Your girlfriend's "tests" are probably just pap smears looking for precancerous cells on her cervix, which points to HPV infection but isn't really a "test for HPV".

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i'm a guy, and i blow you know what, should i be concerned

BG Level

My girl gets tested like every year or so because she's at high risk for cervical cancer
    So basically what you're saying is your girlfriend either has sex with lots of different people (putting her at high risk of contracting HPV) or she currently has HPV.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_cancer
    Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is a necessary factor in the development of nearly all cases of cervical cancer.
    Just sayin' - it's extremely difficult (some would say impossible) to get cervical cancer without contracting HPV first. The reason they figured out HPV caused it in the first place is because nuns in monasteries never got cervical cancer.

You can't have a "high risk of cervical cancer" without HPV present. If your girlfriend's doctor told her she's at high risk, she probably has or had HPV at one point, like most sexually active americans.

aduidarnenye

I'm married so my husband already said goodbye to blow jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardasil

If you are female, not married, and you haven't gotten this yet, you're fucking retarded.

Just...ya know...sayin'
    That's very nice if you're 12 to 26 years old. Older and you don't qualify. I was 30 when this started coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I'd be surprised. Next time you go to the doctor, ask. I'm (as should you be) genuinely curious.

People think that when they get a "full STD screening" at their doctor or a clinic that HPV is a part of it. If you're a man, it's very doubtful.

So again, I'd be very surprised. Your girlfriend's "tests" are probably just pap smears looking for precancerous cells on her cervix, which points to HPV infection but isn't really a "test for HPV".
    mmm I'll ask about it the next time I go

She actually has pap smears kind of often because she's had cervical cancer before, so not sure what her yearly check is for

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast