Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need a FFXI account.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

I need a FFXI account.

I've lost the damn FFXI registration codes for my account, which means I can't buy any new content ID's (only have 2 at the moment). I would like somebody's spare FFXI account if they have it, along with the reg codes so I can buy about 10 new content ID's for AH muling . I'm willing to pay up to $30, which isn't much, but to somebody who might no longer play, it's better than nothing.

Don't care on the character levels, or server, or amount of gil on char etc. Send me a PM.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For $30, just go buy the damn game again.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Not that easy unfortunately. My account is the USA version, and with USA install, but I live in England and at the moment I'm in New Zealand for a month :s. Don't wanna reinstall etc. etc.

Of course, if somebody in america will go out and buy a copy of the game for me, I would happily reimburse them the cost + a bit extra for their time.

Is that seriously the only way to purchase additional Content IDs if you lost the registration code?

I lost my instruction manual a long time ago, and was thinking about making another mule recently... I'm not really looking forward to having to buy another game just for a 1$ mule.

Was thinking of calling them to see if there was any other way, but I never got around to it.

EDIT: And, if you bought a European version of FF I'm pretty certain the Registration Code would still work with it. You don't have to install the game or anything, would just need to use the registration code in place of your old one. I may be wrong, but to my knowledge the registration code for FF has nothing to do with the game itself, it's only SE's way to make sure that your game isn't pirated somehow by preventing two of the same registration codes from being online at the same time, as well as making sure your registration code is actual real.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Is that seriously the only way to purchase additional Content IDs if you lost the registration code?

I lost my instruction manual a long time ago, and was thinking about making another mule recently... I'm not really looking forward to having to buy another game just for a 1$ mule.

Was thinking of calling them to see if there was any other way, but I never got around to it.
    No thats the whole reason they tell you to store the Registration codes in a safe place, they do not release them. You can try calling them with your credit card info and other account passwords ect, but I doubt anything will come of it.

100$!

Hmm that's kinda wierd. I remember reinstalling FFXI and not even having to bother with any regestration codes. That sucks though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

1/2 pint...

go on the gm call in playonline viewer, ask him for your code cause you lost it, he will ask u ur last 4 digits, birthday, address and some few things..maybe CV number too

i lost mine and got it through a GM once...

You don't need a registration code to install and play FF, you only need it to activate or purchase and account or additional Content IDs. Since you already had an account activated when you reinstalled it, there was no need to enter a registration code.

This is why I'm pretty certain that no matter what version of the game you have, any legal registration code should work to purchase a content ID.

Think I'll give the GM thing a try though, thanks for the input.

Old Merits
    BG Level

#1 You can't use different-region codes on the game. I tried when CoP came out buying the EU version; codes are incompatible, and I went through much trouble with GM's to glean this info.

#2 I've asked GM's about 3 or 4 times now, every time they tell me the only way I can purchase new content ID's is by buying a new version of the game

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    You don't need a registration code to install and play FF, you only need it to activate or purchase and account or additional Content IDs. Since you already had an account activated when you reinstalled it, there was no need to enter a registration code.

This is why I'm pretty certain that no matter what version of the game you have, any legal registration code should work to purchase a content ID.

Think I'll give the GM thing a try though, thanks for the input.
    Wrong.

If your account was NA to start, you CAN'T use euro version.

If your account was JP to start, you CAN't use NA version or euro version.

My first account was import, it won't even let me logon using the NA install. My friend started on NA account from the UK, he tryed using the Euro CoP expantion disk on his install, didn't work.

I would like to note, it is backwards compatible. If you have a NA account, you can logon to the JP install. If you have a euro account, you can login to both other installs.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I have never had to enter my registration code when purchasing contentIDs. Overall the entire process feels quite rather automated, with me just clicking a few buttons and entering my password, *poof* all done. I only ever had to use the registration code once, when installing the game. I play on PS2 though, so I don't know if this is different on PC.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    #1 You can't use different-region codes on the game. I tried when CoP came out buying the EU version; codes are incompatible, and I went through much trouble with GM's to glean this info.
    Yes, different region codes are incompatible. (can't use EU registry key for NA version)

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    Not that easy unfortunately. My account is the USA version, and with USA install, but I live in England and at the moment I'm in New Zealand for a month :s. Don't wanna reinstall etc. etc.
    No, you can use an account from any region with any type of FFXI.
    You can use your NA account on a JP or EU client, and you can use your EU account on a NA or JP client.

Old Merits
    BG Level

What I meant by that, is that you cannot log on and edit account information (eg. buy new content ID's, input credit card details, set up an account in the first place) for one version of the game if the client software is not that version.

Somebody has to help me out! Can anybody go out now and buy me a copy or anything? Gaaaah.

Old Merits
    BG Level

874 mil wtf

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have 2 extra POLID's that have not been used (I bought 2 copies of FFXI and used one as a mule when I used to make kabobs with monkey)

I can sell you one for like 20 bux but it has no CoP. IF YOU WANT, You can give me $30, I'll put 20 (or 30?) and buy the xbox360 version of FF11 which comes with the expansion.

Then i'll give you all the registration codes and I'll keep the game so I can play it whenever on 360.

Sounds like a deal? Let me know...

All you need in order to activate ID's, are your PoL ID, and your password that you made up when you first installed it.

You do not need your Pol Reg, your tetra master reg, your ffxi reg, the RoZ reg or the CoP reg.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    874 mil wtf

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

874 mil wtf

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    All you need in order to activate ID's, are your PoL ID, and your password that you made up when you first installed it.

You do not need your Pol Reg, your tetra master reg, your ffxi reg, the RoZ reg or the CoP reg.
    he doesn't want to activate, he wants to purchase a new one. you need the reg codes for that.