+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFVII... part 4?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFVII... part 4?

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3155957
    They really need to stop this "Compilation of FFVII". Ok it was a good, fun game when it came out, and brought RPGs into mainstream, but get over it, and stop making all these iterations of it.
    This is probably going to suck too, just like everything else that has been done since.

it's all about the money, I'm not anything like you would call an Final Fantasy Fan, nor do I like ff7. But if I was them, I'd milk it for every dollar it's worth.

I know I won't buy it (as I haven't bought any of the other final fantasy stuff since ff7)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This game was announced a LONG time ago...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Honestly, all they need to do is remake this game and it will sell better than any of these lame ass sequels/sidestories/etc to FF7 they keep making. I'm surprised they haven't figured this out yet.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I wish they would just let it die, it's getting worse and worse everytime they try to release some spin off of the game. I admit, I never really was a big fan of FFVII, but it would be foolish to discredit the amount of attention and popularity it brought to the Final Fantasy series, let alone the RPG scene. However, it did turn alot of gamers into close minded people as well. All in all, just let it die. I'm saying this as a gamer in general, not a hater of FF7.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    Honestly, all they need to do is remake this game and it will sell better than any of these lame ass sequels/sidestories/etc to FF7 they keep making. I'm surprised they haven't figured this out yet.
    I could see this happening, hell I would pay to see alot of my old favorite RPGs remade with graphics from now.

Old Merits
    BG Level

They teased us with that with the PS3 pre release stuff, one of the trailers was "If FF7 was remade on the PS3, It would look like this" and showed some of the opening sequence.

I think they should just bite the bullet and do it, maybe it'll sell the PS3 :D