There is a new "The Foxdanger Lab" section in our Discord, and after different mechanical discussions, I feel obliged to settle something I never found any info on— BLU Killer Traits.

Some years ago with the BLU gift trait bug, it was declared that killer traits are probably not affected by it as certain traits like auto refresh are not. This was due to the fact those unaffected traits didn't benefit from the bug, and neither did Killer Traits. So, they must not be, right?

For example, the BG page for Beast Killer still said as much, so I carried out some strenuous testing of going to sleep with something attacking me to find out if BLU gets past T1 Killer Effects and if the gift applies.

Find the intimidation rate, and then you find the tier of the effect.

I went with Beast Killer since BLU technically gets T5 if gifts apply, and T3 at the worst otherwise. Unless it is capped at T1, and then it be pretty obvious.

So with all 3 to 5 tiers set with a dozen Wild Rabbits in East Ronfaure attacking me; after an hour and change I had this data:
Code:
Passive Defenses
Player             Evasion  Evasion %   Parry  Parry %   Counter  Counter %   Intimidate  Intimidate %
Spicyryan             5668    80.05 %       0   0.00 %         0     0.00 %          971       12.06 %
8% is T1, 10% is T2, and 12% would be the theoretical T3. If gifts applied you would most likely expect 16% or at least an anomaly in the rate that was well above 12% to merit further testing.

Confident that either gifts don't apply or they do and T1 is the cap and they enhance Killer Traits to T3. I instead set a single tier of Beast Killer and went to bed.

Code:
Passive Defenses
Player             Evasion  Evasion %   Parry  Parry %   Counter  Counter %   Intimidate  Intimidate %
Spicyryan            42262    80.07 %       0   0.00 %         0     0.00 %         7234       12.05 %
At the very lest the testing shows that Killer Traits on BLU do increase with the gift, and BLU does in fact get T3. Given the lack of disparity between the results. I think it is safe to say that SE capped Killer Traits at T3.

The only remaining, and unconfirmed question is if BLU can receive these traits past T1 without Job Points or if this is purely a Gift bonus. Given that doesn't apply to anything else with BLU, I would say that it scales without Gifts. Though, JP Wiki would suggest that only gifts apply to the killer traits with their (99) T2 (99) T3 listing in the table, but they could be wrong too.