FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hurricane Patricia (Crazy weather thread?)

Think this is now the strongest storm ever recorded in history, 200+ mph winds. About to make landfall in Western Mexico.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh...l/230530.shtml
    and
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/marshall...no-connection/

I hope no one is anywhere near where this is hitting, I assume this is going to be really bad.

RIP in peace Jefe

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Texas is expecting record flooding. My daughter's math competition and soccer game has already been canceled

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

As a person who has lived through a portion of Katrina and weathered Rita full on, fuck that shit.

YOU WILL DIE if you try to weather that Cat 5 in it's path and it makes landfall with full force. That storm is going to be tossing cars, trees and small houses like it's nothing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Texas is expecting record flooding. My daughter's math competition and soccer game has already been canceled
    Maybe if they could figure out how to build a decent storm drain it wouldn't be so bad. Every time it rains here the streets start flooding and the traffic lights go out.

{Refresh} {Cat}
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Emirii Mei
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Same Rooney I live in Corpus Christi and last year when it rained bad here for 3 days we had no power and cars were floating away down town because of idiots.

We've also had water sanitation problems since then. Our city is too poor to fix 1950's pipes. I've already bought about 100 bottles of water to last me another 3 weeks haha.

I am fortunate to live in a new development area where the storm drains actually work, but down town and older areas the manholes flip up and float down the street because the storm drains can't hold all the water.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Damn maybe I haven't been paying attention but it seems like that storm came out of nowhere to be Cat 5 status. Scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    As a person who has lived through a portion of Katrina and weathered Rita full on, fuck that shit.

YOU WILL DIE if you try to weather that Cat 5 in it's path and it makes landfall with full force. That storm is going to be tossing cars, trees and small houses like it's nothing.
    I'm going to have to agree with Sho. We had no choice but to weather Hugo in 89 when I lived in St Croix. Cat 5 = apocalyptic type shit and should be avoided at all costs. On our pharmacy on the island there were 2 2-ton AC units that were ripped from the roof and were no where to be found. So gtfo out of the way.

BG Level

Good luck, home folks.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Photo taken by astronauts aboard the International Space Station. Holy shit.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

all weather is crazy weather, kinda the point of the climate change concept.

stay safe.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Emirii View Post
    Same Rooney I live in Corpus Christi and last year when it rained bad here for 3 days we had no power and cars were floating away down town because of idiots.

We've also had water sanitation problems since then. Our city is too poor to fix 1950's pipes. I've already bought about 100 bottles of water to last me another 3 weeks haha.

I am fortunate to live in a new development area where the storm drains actually work, but down town and older areas the manholes flip up and float down the street because the storm drains can't hold all the water.
    Seems like CC is always on water boil notice.

The area that gets hit by this Hurricane Hulk is going to be history

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Photo taken by astronauts aboard the International Space Station. Holy shit.
    Nature can look beautiful and scary but damn that is going to be one destructive hurricane.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Western Mexico is clearly a den of rampant homosexuality and immoral behavior and this is God's judgement on them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Damn maybe I haven't been paying attention but it seems like that storm came out of nowhere to be Cat 5 status. Scary stuff.
    All meteorologists have commented on it's quick appearance and escalation. It was about 2 days from the time I first heard mention of it to it's Cat 5 designation.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    All meteorologists have commented on it's quick appearance and escalation. It was about 2 days from the time I first heard mention of it to it's Cat 5 designation.
    Blame El Nino? That's what most of the meteorologist are saying. Also there is another Hurricane in the Pacific named Olaf...lol

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So this thing is hitting an island or something, right? And the whole island evacuated? That's some crazy sort of end of the world stuff there.
    I wonder who stayed behind to loot stuff.

Nope, heading for Mexico right now. It's gonna obliterate anything near where it makes landfall. I've got at least one friend who's in the impact path- he evacced 50 miles inland, and they don't expect to find much left getting back home.

Also, you want to say climate change a shit? Hurricanes are literally fueled by warming water, and this thing is an example of Mother Nature on nitrous.

The waters off the coast of Mexico were at record highs helping to feed Patricia
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/hu...ater-1.3286357

The videos starting to come in are absolutely horrifying. It sounds like the fucking gates of hell sprung a leak.

Saw someone suggest renaming it Hurricane Donald.