Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commisioned Snyths     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Commisioned Snyths

Someone on my server wants to commision a pair of Armada Sollerets from me. The total uselessness of these boots aside I'm not sure what to charge him. I've got my standard, "HOLY SHIT U HQ'ED!!11!!" fee but this is the first time someone not a close friend has approached me for a commision. So, what do you guys do in cases like this? Figure it's about 300k a try and the HQs would be worth around 4 million(if someone would ever buy them, seriously their like shura boots now that Amir is around.)

My thinking was just charging him a flat fee for a number of snyths and he got to keep whatever I made. That seems to make common sense to me, but I'm interested in hearing other methods if you've got them.

Id probably charge 50% of what the HQ goes for, or what you think it goes for, and either stop after you HQ1 for him. or split profit on additional HQ'd made out of his materials.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

I charge 10-20% for friends that want chain synthed staves, and free for HQ if they use it and dont sell.

Have him bring as many materials as he wants, charge a flat fee when you hit the HQ, and an extra fee if you do it in the first 5.

There's to many factors to consider when doing a synth like this, like you said, the items isn't even that desirable. So as a commissioned worker, what do YOU expect as pay. Time is money. Obviously the guy seems logical, so make a fair deal and you both win. :D

Ridill
    BG Level

Re: Commisioned Snyths

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    Someone on my server wants to commision a pair of Armada Sollerets from me.
    Charge him 100m. IGE will love you.