Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Present Day CoP Missions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Present Day CoP Missions

So, I haven't done CoP in years, and I find myself needing to take my new character through them all again. Seeing as how the missions have been heavily adjusted since their initial introduction, and that our strategies for in-game activities have evolved just as much, I was just wondering if anyone could provide any new information that will make things much less painful. Anything from lower-number strategies to different jobs being preferred would be helpful.

Thanks~

EDIT: Also, do people even do CoP anymore?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I don't think the strategies have changed all that much. When did you last do them? The main one that took a very long time for them to nerf was the Mammet/Omega/Ultima fight but it's still not a complete joke or anything. The big additions also were the exp bonus for helping on the battlefield fights and level cap areas allowing you to wear any level of gear in it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Depends on server and how helpful your general community is unless you get into a shell that'll gladly help you with it.

Strategies are generally the same though I did the Rivrine BC (Mammets) with 2 DNCs and a 1 Nin and we just soloed our respective Mammet. So DNC can be pretty helpful (if they're skilled) most take BLU to stun lock things. The Airship BC is your usual "Win or Lose" depending on players as usual.

Using the specific Items for the specific BCs still are good to have, but with all merits and gear syncs that doesn't get horrid in syncing makes things a lot easier. So really, what you remember from 2004-2006 still works, just throw in SCH/DNC/BLU/COR/PUP and that's about all thats changed in terms of difficulty.

Oh, and SCH = Beautiful for the Pot 'BC' in the garden/palace, hell SCH was one of the best additions to CoP missions.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Ya Blu, Sch, and Dnc are all really good for a lot missions. Blu is good on damn near everything if I remember correctly.

BLU owns CoP nowadays thanks to Head Butt and being able to deal damage, heal and keep mobs at bay.

A friend and I burned through CoP on our mules recently, primarily using mass SMN-burned SMNs(2 people, lots of chars, only needed help on a couple):

PM1-3: PLD + SMNx4, PLD was a weird pickup and left after 2 of them, won 3rd without him fine but was helpful on strays for others.. double punch MRs to death and SMNs melee strays

PM2-3: NIN + WHM, done. Can be soloed by NIN with proper cap gear

PM2-5: SMN x5

PM3-5: NIN + WHM

PM4-1: SMN x4

PM4-3: SMN x4, we already had the corse's key

PM5-2: WHM BRD NIN SMN SMN SMN, SMNs all AFed and got one pact per mob, nin tanked

Mithra: SMN x4

Tenzen: SMN x4, double slap dolls to death

Snoll: RDM BRD SAM SAM, there are videos of SAM soloing it with sidewinder spam

6-4: RDM WHM BRD COR MNK NIN

7-5: RDM BRD DRK DRK

8-1: Duoable by BLM + any melee
    8-2: Duoable by RDM + any melee
    8-3: 4mannable by millions of combos
    8-4: 4mannable by basically anything

Astral Flow spam is hardly a new strategy, but seeing as a good 50-60% of the endgame population has SMN75 now(at least on remora) due to SMN burning, it's very easy to find them now. We had our 2 main characters, a SMN+COR mule, a SMN+RDM mule, and a few friend's chars to multibox and only had to call in help for one or 2 missions, did it all in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    So, I haven't done CoP in years, and I find myself needing to take my new character through them all again. Seeing as how the missions have been heavily adjusted since their initial introduction, and that our strategies for in-game activities have evolved just as much, I was just wondering if anyone could provide any new information that will make things much less painful. Anything from lower-number strategies to different jobs being preferred would be helpful.

Thanks~

EDIT: Also, do people even do CoP anymore?
    I trioed all missions (duo + a mule) until Promyvion-Vahzl

- early promy mnkx2 + soulvoice works great
    - minotaur solo on rdm/nin taking advantage of draw-in
    - Fomor bcnm on mnk/blu and rdm/bu + rdm/whm, rdm/blu kites while mnk/blu solo fomors one after the other
    - Oryou : blmx2 + rdm nuke > sleep untill under 50% than manafont aeroga2
    - Sacrarium : dot > kill, nothing really hard
    - Promy vahzl, dot kill the NMs on each floor

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The fact that BLU has TWO Sleepga spells PRE-30 makes them overwhelmingly useful for 30 cap fights, one of which is light based sleep.

Recently i finish the mother crystals mission. I was also very surprise how easy it was to beat all three bosses within 4 hours. (We took breaks example: cigarettes, food, dinner, running to the store, rolling a blunt and smoking it etc etc….)

Personal Opinion:

Any set up works unless you’re those types of people who only prefer certain jobs and certain people in their group.

Why does it not surprise me that he just beat promies?

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

all the missions are complete jokes now. snoll is retarded easy. mammets are like paper for ninjas. Omega/ultima are huge pussies now.

Edit: removed what i said. cause im not sure if he was the one who did it. my apologies my comment above stands though.

I thought demo was the one who were to troll me.(interesting)

Also, didn’t know my fan club has expanded.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    all the missions are complete jokes now. snoll is retarded easy. mammets are like paper for ninjas. Omega/ultima are huge pussies now.
    Thing is, as stated above, most fights haven't been nerfed. What's changed is the playerbase. CoP is well known and understood now, we're not just discovering Erecia's guide as if it were some huge revelation as was the case in 2006 when I was doing CoP. Skills and gear are of a higher standard than in days gone by. CoP hasn't, generally, got much easier; instead, players have got better (the big exceptions being mob placement in the promys changing them from "I'll sac top floor" things to empty zones, pun intended; and Snoll).

The main one that took a very long time for them to nerf was the Mammet/Omega/Ultima fight but it's still not a complete joke or anything.
    How was this one changed? I don't remember reading of any adjustments to 6-4.

Gimp like a Pro!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

depends on your server.

if youre not lucky you might be on a server where everyone above certan status doesn't give a shit bout your COP-status. thats what i call the "Ragnarok"-Syndrom. People won't help you with this.

but regarding to the Adjustments they made: it is not that easier. especially Omega is still hard as shit.

And Mammets can be killed with a total other Set of ppl than often reported.

COP isnt that hard compared to the fact finding people who want to do it.

thats about that. Second char still needs Mammet Fight

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

2006: throw rngs blms and smns at it

2009: throw rngs blms smns and sams at it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post

How was this one changed? I don't remember reading of any adjustments to 6-4.
    The only difference I can personally remember reading about was ccb polymers becoming AH'able. As far as I know, the "difficulty" (lol, I went 1/1 with 15 minutes remaining) has never been adjusted.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

At some point, you used not to recover full hp/mp between the 3 stages of mission 6-4, and now it's the case I think.

Makes up a lot for the need of Pro ethers and the like before.

6-4 always had hp/mp recover between phases.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Seriously ? Could have sworn it wasn't the case >< my bad

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    - Promy vahzl, dot kill the NMs on each floor
    How susceptible to bind/grav are these guys? A friend will be on promy-vahzl soon.