Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Did they change Charybdis spawn?

I was camping Charybdis the other day, showed up and both mantas were up. This means ToD was 15 minutes before I got there at the very latest. I killed those two, and some friends joined me, and we killed the PH's for over 12 hours. Our ninja ended up having to go at the 12 hour mark from the 15 minutes before my arrival, and no Chary pop. I sat around and watched the next few spawns and still no Chary. So that's close to 13 hours with out spawn, he used to be 8-12, anyone know anything about this?

There was never a max of 12 hours even ifyou kill PHs the whole time, its lottery. That's why the most efficient way to do it is get ToD and make sure it doesn't get killed before you go back, then start around 10hours on the PHs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Did they change Charybdis spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Stouter
    I was camping Charybdis the other day, showed up and both mantas were up. This means ToD was 15 minutes before I got there at the very latest. I killed those two, and some friends joined me, and we killed the PH's for over 12 hours. Our ninja ended up having to go at the 12 hour mark from the 15 minutes before my arrival, and no Chary pop. I sat around and watched the next few spawns and still no Chary. So that's close to 13 hours with out spawn, he used to be 8-12, anyone know anything about this?
    I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion.

Anyway, perhaps this thread may help a little.

It's a lottery pop. The timer only indicates when the lottery window opens, it doesn't mean that it will pop within a certain time. Which means it is possible (highly unlikely) for it not to pop for days.

Xavier

Nikkei camped it for 32 hrs (lol).

Ive camped Charby for a LONG time and i learnt that it NEVER pops before 8hrs from ToD and it can pop after 24hrs too, so i always tell people its 8-24hrs. (trust me it is)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Did they change Charybdis spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Stouter
    I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion.

Anyway, perhaps this thread may help a little.
    What I'm saying there is that if I show up and both mantas are up, it's been at least 16 minutes since Chary was killed. They are on a 16 minute repop, so if both his PH are up, then a manta, PH or chary, hasn't been killed for 16+ minutes.

Well thanks for the info, I always heard 8-12, and the half dozen or so times I've helped on him he always popped in 9-11½ from ToD so I assumed it was right.

Someone needs to dispel the myth about 2 in the room meaning his window is up. I have told a few dozen people why that's wrong over the past year, but most still won't listen. One PH pops in the room, every time, period. The other PH can pop in the room or outside the door, and where it pops has nothing to do with his spawn. Oh well that's a side rant, thanks again for the info.

When will people learn a Lottery is just that. LOTTERY. At no point will you kill a mob and there's a 100% chance the NM will pop the next time. (Well perhaps...but obviously since people have camped for 32hours, Id assume it takes a LONG time for that to happen.)

There is no 8-12, or 8-16..its 8-infinity. There are only minimum pop windows, never maximum. (Unless you're talking a strict 21-24 pop, but those don't involve PHers.)

Xavier

lottery nms are a gift and a curse rolled into one.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i'll never get that sword

Whenever i went to camp it for a friend, there is always some random group that shows up and they don't care if you have it in your search comment or not.

If anything, i'll get a ridill before getting that thing :[

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Both times I've "camped" Charby and actually gotten a Joyuese out of the deal I walked down to SSG and saw him already sitting up with no one there. If you're lucky, people will kill the mantas between Novv spawns and it'll be sitting up with no one to kill it. A few nights before I got my Joyuese, I spent 8-10 hours soloing mantas with no pop though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

lol poor zigma, BLUE MAGE RIDILL ORLY!

heres something that would cheer you up :wink:

well maybe not really... race converter ftw!
    but man dont i looks hawt?, i wish i could redo my race char ; ;
    it makes meritpo BRD alot more easier on the eyes 8)

i know this gonna sound retarded but how would a BST devil mantra rush work on chary?

lol i know Scorps vs Ungur / Bune get ate up like paper ; ; our LS tryed it once and we just kept claim until another LS came cuz gilsellers where on us

but ive always been curious on chary since most my friends live down there or in rancor farming shit, it wouldnt be too hard to peek on widescran & spam call BST button

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

finally someone else understands a lottery pop.. thank you lockecole.. so sick of people saying LoO is 17-24 hour pop! like wtf, who starts these rumors..

One time, we killed Charybdis 3 times in one day, 6hrs apart with barely any need to kill PH's for more than 30 min. We thought we uncovered the greatest secret ever, that they spawned in 6hr windows... but hey, we never did that again so we never knew...

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Where the mantas pop has nothing to do with his window.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ive killed Chary a good 12+ times and its always been an 8-12 hour lottery pop from last ToD.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

During the course of killing the PH's; one of them will pop outside of the room every so often near the door, make sure to kill that one too because it'll delay the other PH popping inside the room. ANd yes, it's always a 8-12 hours cycle, it haven't changed but it's like LoO if I'm not mistaken; if you miss the pop window, you have to wait till next cycle(correct me if I am wrong)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Loo is not lottery...its 18-24 hrs ...with a twist

if you start killing the phs at the 18hr mark he can pop @1 and will pop before the 24hr mark. the twist is the 24 hr mark can be extended for however long it takes you to start killing ph.

so essentially he has a 6 hr window that only starts when you start killing ph's, that can start @18 hr mark. so if you come @24 hrs hoping for an insta pop it can take up to 30