Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

The Whoring of the Black Mage

I walk through Jeuno and I see Posers. Igqira Weskit, Wizard Petasos wearing posers. How many of you angsty Hume M character model players with names such as Deathkill, Bloodgod, Rottenmessiah, etc. found yourselves shunned and without party invites as DRK/WAR/SAM/DRG/THF/MNK? How many, seeing those Black Mages who went before you for love and enjoyment of the arcane, seeing them reap fast experience points in Manaburn parties, seeing them earn millions of gil very quickly in KSNM battles, decided to throw your lot in with them? How many, with the changes to ranged attack damage calculations, threw down your bows and arrows, traded Fransiscas for elemental staves?

Look what you've done. BLM is now widely considered a free ride to 75, a class that doesn't require you to know anything about your job in a party, because you don't need to do anything but manaburn from 50-75, and beyond! Every no-patience, instant-gratification-wanting malcontent tool has picked up the BLM job and fucked it all the way to endgame and a slot in their local HNMLS.

Manaburn is now widely thought to be the only reliable way to do multiple KSNM battles. Everyone thinks there's a pot of gold waiting at the end of their BLM career so that they can pimp out their aforementioned melee job. Well guess what. BLM gear will now cost you an arm and a leg (and it was never cheap), and all those Haubergeon +1s and Flame Rings you may buy with your Desert Swarm spoils will go to rot on your mannequinn while your LS forces you to go as BLM to each and every event, a job that you now despise, because ask any 75 BLM, the job is boring as all shit once you pass lvl 73. I hope you enjoy Black Mage whoring you as you've whored it.

can't really say he doesn't have any good points here even through it sounds more like a rant cause hes pissed blm's have it so easy <_<

Relic Shield
    BG Level

lol Desert swarm is a joke one time we had a server spike and lsot two people and still won the BC, with gasp 1 blm(who was one of the d/c) in the party. The main reason to level blm to 75 is for HNM titles, because if your not a blm, your going to be asked to sit on the sidelines for a lot of those fights. If there is something wrong with wanting to participate, who cares whats right.

And don't blame the players, blame the TP system, the way it's set up, people are just unwilling to do it in any other way.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I should mention here that I am a 75 BLM. Have been for a very long time now. Nuking stuff and being like FF BLMs of yore are what attracted me to the job to begin with.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    lol Desert swarm is a joke one time we had a server spike and lsot two people and still won the BC, with gasp 1 blm(who was one of the d/c) in the party. The main reason to level blm to 75 is for HNM titles, because if your not a blm, your going to be asked to sit on the sidelines for a lot of those fights. If there is something wrong with wanting to participate, who cares whats right.

And don't blame the players, blame the TP system, the way it's set up, people are just unwilling to do it in any other way.
    The solution is just to level ninja, and have atk gear and tanking gear. Fulfill your fantasy of being a damage dealer while having the ability to get into the alliance at HNMS at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier

The solution is just to level ninja, and have atk gear and tanking gear. Fulfill your fantasy of being a damage dealer while having the ability to get into the alliance at HNMS at the same time!
    Problm with this is that there is only room for 2 maybe 3 ninjas at HNM fights but there is room for at least 5 blms if not more.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by mademine

Problm with this is that there is only room for 2 maybe 3 ninjas at HNM fights but there is room for at least 5 blms if not more.
    Well since the job of a ninja is an assassin....stands to reason they could just kill the competition.

If only that were true on all servers. Im a 75 NIN who couldnt get into an HNMLS or any alliance because NIN's didnt get to tank anything. Was forced to go BLM to get into the alliance. Joined a static with some friends to have fun leveling to 75 since BLM is so boring. It wasn't a free ride for me cause I was only invited to 1 manaburn ever.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No, the blame is places soley on the player base, the way things work, and how things are done, are not SEs fault. People are just too scared to try something diffrent, and want the easy way out. No ones willing to do things that havent been proven. If they try, they are considered as a 'noob' for trying something that hasnt been done before.

Blame elitists, blame certian HNM ls's that only recruit the popular jobs, so on and so forth.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Look at all the wannabe SMNs now, look at them with their Himmelstocks and Black Mage subs. Makes me sick.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

BLAME CANADA

BLAME CANADA
    LOL

LOL People cry about manaburn exp parties, people cry about BLM taking thier exp spots, people cry about BLM being in thier alliance for gods, but sure as hell don't cry about when they want them in that alliance to get thier OMGZ EPENIS items.

1. BLM exp blows usually after 73 and is incredibly boring. I never use my blm to merit.

2. I rarely use my BLM for Desert swarm unless we are short a sleeper. And those that "NEED" BLM for that joke of BCNM is a joke themselves. Or not even of lvl to really be of use to any set up and don't belong in that BCNM, so they leech it for easy money, thus they shouldn't be bitching when it was usually them to ask for the blms.

3. Since when does WAR or MNK have a hard time getting parties anymore? lol. I don't know about your servers, but on mine WAR and MNK have no trouble lvl'n anymore. Maybe back in the day of the RNG. But not anymore. And even now with DRG being the new black, they are getting parties no problem in exp parties, replacing where RNG used to be in EXP SC. THF? meh, i'll give ya that one, not always the easiest to exp but people still do it every day.

4. Did you ever think somepeople actually ENJOY BLM. Just because you want to cry about how your pussy hurts and feel like the fat kid in dodgeball doesn't mean others are just taking the cheap way to 75 and into a HNM ls. I didn't even LVL BLM until i was in HNM for a long time, but did not need to do so to be including in anything, since i was a 75whm first.

I'm so sick of everyone bitching about other jobs and how because of those jobs thier game experience sucks and what not. Get over it man, if the game causes you so much discontenet, why play it? And btw, not every ls does things by throwing 80954380493 blms at shit. Hell we rarely have more than 3-4blms at our events, and i don't see how that is alot, kinda sounds about right to me. while DRK/THF and THF/SAM are always welcome into the alliance to help keep hate on NINs. If you are having trouble with feeling left out in endgame because of blms, maybe you should take a better look at your LS?

Banned.

BG Level

Yeah I do hate the new BLMs ;o. They have better gear than me! ;o

I partied with a SMN/BLM in Dunes yesterday ._.;

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I melee burn Desert Swarm, 6 Melee all /NIN or 75NIN. We average around 5 minutes with no 2 hours.

PLD/NIN FTW...

I've noticed the explosion of blms...and I laugh. Because I know that I'm a better blm than any of the new ones, and I know that people know that. There's something to be said for 2 years of blm experience versus 2 months. I'm really not scared of the 20 new 75 blms that has snow rings and a nq ice staff...I'm just not.

Anyways, I really don't care what the new hot job is...on my server, everyone has nin, mnk leveled and are leveling war as we speak. There's been a slight spike in blm, but not too bad (plus all of my gear is now worth 10 times what I paid for it). The only job that any HNM really needs more of is brd (and to some extent, whm). Straight tanking Kirin with melee just tearing him up is so much faster than blms, and smns with diablo make blms expendable on most mobs. So quit whining, please.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

What gets me, they seem to manaburn so much most have no idea what goes on in a normal party.

The last fewdays ive been lving ninja, (on mobs that double attack)
    My set up is mainly DD and enmity rather than SH and all out evade, so i rely on stun helping when im geting beatdown.

Yesterday i asked a 73BLM why he never stuned, and could he when im casting ichi....... Him> oh stun? i dont have that yet ......

I really didnt know what to say.....

may god have mercy on our souls

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

I got to 75 without a single manaburn =/

1. BLM exp blows usually after 73 and is incredibly boring. I never use my blm to merit.
    {sea} {Do you have it?}

Yesterday i asked a 73BLM why he never stuned, and could he when im casting ichi....... Him> oh stun? i dont have that yet ......
    thats soooooo sad....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast