+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Eragon and the Inheritance Trilogy

I love the books, and the movie comes out this December. :D Have any of you read the first two books?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Man, this got pushed down the list quickly; I guess people who play FFXI don't read much? WEIRD! Anyways, I work in a library, so I get to read quite a bit, and these books were awesome. The first one was very Lord of the Ringsesque, and amazing work for not just a 16 year old, but any writer. Eldest was a bit too descriptive with the characters, without actually having them grow in strength of motives, but still enjoyable. Hopefully they don't butcher the movie. (which they will)

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Never got around to reading those. I wanted to before the movie came out but I still have to finish the last two books in the Dark Tower series. Then I gotta reread the Song of Fire and Ice books since Feast of Crows is out in paperback. After that I might get to these

i've read the first one, have not picked up the second book although i have been thinking about it.

I was actually kinda psyched when i saw the trailer and i saw that they had selected Jeremy Irons to play Brom and John Malkovich as King Galbatorix. Both are very good actors who havent seen a lot of starring roles lately.

EDIT - NM - Irons has just been in a bunch i havent seen. IMDB FTW!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Oh man, The Dark Tower series > all. I got pissed at Stephen King when he got ran over by a van and almost died. I HAD TO KNOW THE FATE OF ROLAND!

I thought the first two books were rather good, but I was bored at work and reading the entries about them on wikipedia, and apparently Paolini got reamed by critics for everything short of copying Lord of the Rings verbatim. I'm excited about the movie, but I've given up hoping such movies live up to the books. If you go with the mindset that its a movie based loosely off the same story and characters, I find its much more enjoyable.

Then I gotta reread the Song of Fire and Ice books since Feast of Crows is out in paperback.
    Awesome series, awesome book. It starts out kinda slow compared to Storm of Swords, but it picks up a lot near the end. There are some very interesting developments, and I can't wait for Dance with Dragons.

I read the first two can't wait for third. Movie will probably butcher it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Foustian

Then I gotta reread the Song of Fire and Ice books since Feast of Crows is out in paperback.
    Awesome series, awesome book. It starts out kinda slow compared to Storm of Swords, but it picks up a lot near the end. There are some very interesting developments, and I can't wait for Dance with Dragons.
    Ya I'm loving this series, cept everyone I like seems to die in it -.-; Can't wait to read it XD