+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

World of Warcraft, i want your opinions.

first of all, i am not here to say that WoW is better than FFXI, i'm simply here to ask what you think of it. Do you hate it cause it's boring? or do you hate it just because it's a different game. I'd like to know what you guys think of these videos that i provide links to.

http://files.filefront.com/Avant_Gar.../fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/Avant_Gar.../fileinfo.html

please tell me what you think. I just want honest answers, don't be afraid to at least look at the videos. you can delete them when you're done.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's a fun game, but it really dies too fast. Seriously you can get 60 and be doing this end game stuff in a month.. total.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I too enjoyed playing it. I sometimes wish I had played that instead of FFXI because of how easy WoW is on time consumption and getting money etc...but now that I've been playing FFXI for almost 2 years now it's hard to back out. I'm addicted to FFXI.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarao
    I too enjoyed playing it. I sometimes wish I had played that instead of FFXI because of how easy WoW is on time consumption and getting money etc...but now that I've been playing FFXI for almost 2 years now it's hard to back out. I'm addicted to FFXI.
    Same here. I just didn't like the PVP really.

E. Body
    BG Level

Judging by that first movie I don't think WoW would be my cup of tea....

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I hate it because it's not FF

Simple, im a biased FF fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

Simple, im a biased FF fangirl.
    Fix'D

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil

Fix'D
    Fix'D again.
    Girls don't play video games.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Supposedly 25% of WoW's population are girls.

WoW is a fun game. I like it right now because with school I dont have hours on end to xp/do events. It is easy to lvl, and the boss fights are generally more fun than in FF. Even the hardest end game bosses are usually done in about 10 minutes, because any longer and the fight just gets way out of hand. Dungeons are fun, usually rewarding, and u get alot of xp usually. But if youre hardcore and have the time its probably not your game. People have gotten lvl 60 in less than 12 days play time. My warrior is lvl 42 and I have maybe 6? Also once you get 60, theres no AA's, merits, or anything like that, youre done. Now you get to do dungeon/instance runs, and even the raids you can only clear about once perweek, instead of having stuff pop once per night, being able to pop stuff etc. But still, its a really fun game, like FF was when I first started playing and it didnt feel like as much of a grind.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    Supposedly 25% of WoW's population are girls.

WoW is a fun game. I like it right now because with school I dont have hours on end to xp/do events. It is easy to lvl, and the boss fights are generally more fun than in FF. Even the hardest end game bosses are usually done in about 10 minutes, because any longer and the fight just gets way out of hand. Dungeons are fun, usually rewarding, and u get alot of xp usually. But if youre hardcore and have the time its probably not your game. People have gotten lvl 60 in less than 12 days play time. My warrior is lvl 42 and I have maybe 6? Also once you get 60, theres no AA's, merits, or anything like that, youre done. Now you get to do dungeon/instance runs, and even the raids you can only clear about once perweek, instead of having stuff pop once per night, being able to pop stuff etc. But still, its a really fun game, like FF was when I first started playing and it didnt feel like as much of a grind.
    One nice thing about it is that raids (think of a really long Dynamis run) can be broken up in to multiple nights.. So you can do 2 hours a night roughly and not worry about having to do a 12+ hour MC run in a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Okan

Fix'D
    Fix'D again.
    Most girls don't play video games.
    FIX'd

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

lawl 12+ hours <_< but yea that is a good feature. just wish they could add a boss fight that took time though. I know itd be hard, just because something hitting you for 700+ normal hits takes alot of mana, but even ragnaros, vael, and onyxia seem like they take very little time.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    lawl 12+ hours <_< but yea that is a good feature. just wish they could add a boss fight that took time though. I know itd be hard, just because something hitting you for 700+ normal hits takes alot of mana, but even ragnaros, vael, and onyxia seem like they take very little time.
    that's because unlike the gods and HNMs that you can only fight with 18 people, Ragnaros and Onyxia can be fought by 40 people, thus taking a lot less time.

I played my friend's character for about 30 minutes one night and got bored, I think I was too used to FFXI, and since FFXI was my first (and last) mmorpg, I would base every other one off of it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Quote Originally Posted by Okan

Fix'D
    Fix'D again.
    Most girls don't play video games.
    FIX'd
    Zira plays video games and is not a girl. She is a woman!!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

/steal elita's signature *run away*