cya in detroit

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

lol, GG, lets brag about beating a team by 2 points that you should have swept, but instead got beat 3 times in a row by a one-trick-pony team. Lebron James > you, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    lol, GG, lets brag about beating a team by 2 points that you should have swept, but instead got beat 3 times in a row by a one-trick-pony team. Lebron James > you, son.
    qfft

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

hey, i admit detroit "should" have swept them, but cleveland steped up to the challange and made it a really good series

but watching the series all you see is nike commercials "witness" and the announcers doing nothing but talking about lebron this lebron that, well lebron couldnt close out the series on his home court

that and a friend of mine was quick to call me during the last game letting me know this was gonna be the last game cause cleveland was gonna stop detroit tonight, but then when detroit won tonight he was magically nowhere near his phone >.> lol

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

There is a reason they are talking about lebron james...He's putting the NBA where it was when jordan was in the league (on the bulls). You cannot carry a team past a detroit pistons team with just one player, yet he has done it. Its the second playoff series of his career and look at what he's doing. "Could not close out the series"...Didn't jordan lose his first playoff series? The kid is 20? 21? What do you expect from him? You can say "Lebron who" but you cannot name a player in the league that can do what he's done. Not Steve Nash, Not D. Wade...

Edit: to throw the log on the fire...the pistons were extremely fucking fortunate to get 4 offensive boards in the last 2 minutes when they only pulled down 3 during the first three quarters. They came very close to being on the losing end of one of the biggest upsets in NBA history. Bragging is the last thing you should do.

lebron is so god damn good its ridiculous. who were the cavs before he joined? one of the worst teams in the league. in TWO years he has taken them to a game 7 against a team that won it two years ago with basically the same roster.

even if (and unfortunately most likely when) they lose the next game lebron james has done nothing to warrant any shit his way. its actually pretty simple, talk bad about lebron and you are just a hater :D .

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    There is a reason they are talking about lebron james...He's putting the NBA where it was when jordan was in the league (on the bulls). You cannot carry a team past a detroit pistons team with just one player, yet he has done it. Its the second playoff series of his career and look at what he's doing. "Could not close out the series"...Didn't jordan lose his first playoff series? The kid is 20? 21? What do you expect from him? You can say "Lebron who" but you cannot name a player in the league that can do what he's done. Not Steve Nash, Not D. Wade...

Edit: to throw the log on the fire...the pistons were extremely fucking fortunate to get 4 offensive boards in the last 2 minutes when they only pulled down 3 during the first three quarters. They came very close to being on the losing end of one of the biggest upsets in NBA history. Bragging is the last thing you should do.
    whoa buddy, calm down, take a breath, look i know about lebron, im a fan of his myself, but first off

You cannot carry a team past a detroit pistons team with just one player, yet he has done it.
    um, no he hasnt, not yet, if you forgot, he lost tonight

secondly, only reason i posted here was because i was excited and my friend who wanted to rub in my face that detroit lost game 5 was nowhere to be found tonight

and as for all the talk about lebron, yes i know he is/will be the next great thing, ive been following him since high school, but as of right now, he hasnt done squat, yes he is leading what "could possibly" be the greatest upset of all time, but as of right now, the cavs are tied 3-3 with detroit, going to detroit for game 7, so before people talk about what he "could" do, they need to look at what he "is" doing, funny thing is, lebron himself plays down what he is doing, because he hasnt done anything yet

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    its actually pretty simple, talk bad about lebron and you are just a hater :D .
    winnar

Lebron is overrated. He's a cocky bastard who deserves to never win a title after what he said during the wizards last seconds.

Detroit ftfw.

editted, realized that the cavs are nothing really.

just because he doesnt have a ring doesnt mean he hasnt done anything.

lets see whats hes done thus far..

1. rookie of the year
    2. serious considerations for mvp his second year
    3. takes one of the WORST teams in the NBA to a game 7 in the second round of the playoffs against one of the best teams in the league.

his stats are among the best as well, and must i reiterate its his second year. so yeah, he hasnt won a ring yet or even made it to the finals but you have to admit lebron james has done a lot.

edit: what lebron did was psyche his opponent out by simply saying "you better hit these next shots or your going home." was it cocky? shit yes. did he back it up? of course. if you think that talking shit isnt a huge part of basketball you are insane, all the greats, even jordan, did it.

and then you say go detroit after calling lebron cocky. two words: rasheed wallace. haha nice garaunteed win in a game you scored 7 points in. oh and a nice loss after that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    just because he doesnt have a ring doesnt mean he hasnt done anything.

lets see whats hes done thus far..

1. rookie of the year
    2. serious considerations for mvp his second year
    3. takes one of the WORST teams in the NBA to a game 7 in the second round of the playoffs against one of the best teams in the league.

his stats are among the best as well, and must i reiterate its his second year. so yeah, he hasnt won a ring yet or even made it to the finals but you have to admit lebron james has done a lot.
    Oh I know, but I just disagree with his attitude mostly. Not saying he's horrible as a player. I think I might've come off as anti-lebron. I shoulda picked a more suitable word than "overrated". If the pistons lose, it would be a huge surprise. The last few games with the cavs have been the worst I've seen the pistons play this whole season.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>.> thank you, i didnt want to be the one to say that, but in game 5, >.> hell the pistons could have stayed home and played a better game

while they may have played shitty i find it to be too much of a coincidence that they happen to play their worst when the cavs happen to play their best on not one but two occasions. im perfectly aware that the pistons are a better team but i think a factor in their losing is partly what that idiot rasheed said and their feeling more pressure than needed as well as intimidation (of lebron) and fear of losing to a team like the cavs.

lets just settle this and say lebron is nasty, not overrated, but the pistons are a better team and should win the series.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

The Cavs are extremely lucky to be this far and the calls from the refs have made me sick. LBJ is great but he shouldn't be allowed to get away with what he gets away with. Detroit will beat them but they won't get past Miami I think. Also, it's his 3rd year in the NBA not his 2nd and this wouldn't be that big of an upset considering the Pistons aren't the world champs or anything. Spurs FTW.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

You know better than to play the "ref" card. Look at shaq lol. Ive seen a very fair share of bad calls against the cavs as well. It's a placebo effect, since you hate lebron so much, you are going to criticize his every single move that much more. Anyway, if they took the MVP voting today, lebron would win...theres no doubt about that. I really will not be upset if the cavs lose game 7, i'm just happy the NBA is exciting again. I watched the game at a bar last night, and everyone was just locked on the TV during the game. There were so many "damn's" and "Ah's" when the cavs lost last night. The NBA hasn't been like that in a very long time. This is the first sports series my wifey has actually enjoyed watching (besides NCAA Tourney).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

everyone needs to get off LJ's jock ;/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I like him alot but he blatantly travels and carries and only gets praised for hitting BS game winners. I do think its nice that the NBA wants more people to pay attention to the Playoffs though by letting Cleveland advance this far, who wouldn't want to see Shaq and the new Kobe vs. the new MJ?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Bratt
    I like him alot but he blatantly travels and carries and only gets praised for hitting BS game winners. I do think its nice that the NBA wants more people to pay attention to the Playoffs though by letting Cleveland advance this far, who wouldn't want to see Shaq and the new Kobe vs. the new MJ?
    LOL conspiracy. They simply let them advance. I guess the patriots won the championship the year of 9-11 cuz they are the patriots! Someone is just anti-lebron and pulling shit out of their ass to justify why.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Who the fuck cares about bastketball??

Its the only team (and I use the term "team" loose in this sense) sport where one person can actually make or break a team.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Who the fuck cares about bastketball??

Its the only team (and I use the term "team" loose in this sense) sport where one person can actually make or break a team.
    basketball.*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast