Thread: Penn & Teller: Bullshit     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Penn & Teller: Bullshit

I'm sure a bunch of you have seen this show, if you haven't, some people uploaded a bunch of episodes to google video.

Such a great show.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... r+bullshit

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah, I love that show.

Favorites are Bottled Water and PETA.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aurin
    Yeah, I love that show.

That's an interesting show. Properly named. It's mostly just a bunch of preachy bullshit. They have a few facts here and there, but they take great liberty with those facts. They're better doing magic tricks, I think.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bullshit and Dead Like Me were the only reasons I paid for Showtime for as long as I did. Whatever you can say about their facts, the time when they got a bunch of environmentalists to sign a petition to ban dihydro-monoxide was a thing of beauty.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    That's an interesting show. Properly named. It's mostly just a bunch of preachy bullshit. They have a few facts here and there, but they take great liberty with those facts. They're better doing magic tricks, I think.
    Yeah that hypocritical crap gets boring sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontide
    Well you obviously don't watch their show thoroughly.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have ADHD

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

good show

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Bullshit and Dead Like Me were the only reasons I paid for Showtime for as long as I did. Whatever you can say about their facts, the time when they got a bunch of environmentalists to sign a petition to ban dihydro-monoxide was a thing of beauty.
    Omg, Dead Like Me was awesome, I'm so pissed it never went into a third season.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Omg, Dead Like Me was awesome, I'm so pissed it never went into a third season.
    Delores Herbig was one of the greatest characters in modern television history. Discuss.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sept, they need to let you have a show like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsontide
    Well you obviously don't watch their show thoroughly.
    Just two episodes. I honestly couldn't take much more than that. Sure, they may have some decent opinions, but they really put themselves on an elevated pedestal expressing them. I watched the one about public smoking, which was the linked one. They essentially spent 20 minutes repeating themselves about how the facts aren't there to support the anti-public smoking people. Then they went on hinting about how disallowing smoking in public places would somehow turn this country into some sort of fascict nation. They certainly had evidence supporting that claim. Second I watched what they had to say about the bible. I'll give them credit for trying, but I'd question their belief that reading it would turn anyone atheist. Those guys are the kind of people who tell little children that Santa doesn't exist.

All in all, they reminded me a little of those Micheal Moore movies, which have a lot of factual backing, but silently make radical claims that have absolutly no backing at all. Maybe watching another 3-4 of their episodes would prove me wrong, but I don't think I care enough to stomach that.