+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Shinra Project FFXI Private Server!!

[SIZE="5"]Shinra Project FREE FFXI Private Server! Shinra Project Forum Link!

Greetings from a vet, friend, and administrator!

My name...well, look at my username. I currently administer Shinra Project with a gentle caress (I'm going for opposite of an Iron Fist here...sorry if it didn't work). Our private server, started on February 28, 2014, is already a growing server with an active economy, player base, and GM staff. Why should you consider Shinra Project? Well son, let me tell you.

Our GM staff currently is one of the best, most helpful, and funniest in the realm of FFXI. We have coders who work full-time to make this game the best around, up to retail standards. We have most if not all missions completed, and much more I will explain here in a minute. But overall, this server is and will be the best one to come and hang out in.

Some additional features we run:

• Server Status: Always online (except for updates, obviously)
    • Starting gil: 1,000,000G
    • Level cap: 75 (will be increased gradually)
    • All Maps UNLOCKED!
    • Experience rate: 4x Retail
    • Movement speed: 2x Retail
    • Crafting skill / Combat skill rate: 5x Retail
    • Teamspeak Server online!
    • IRC Chat Channel online!
    • Gil drop off of ALL mobs with increased gil drop rate!
    • NO RE ENGAGE DELAY! -- "REALLY??!" -- Yep.
    • VPN running the code for added functionality and less lag!
    • Custom NPC's with gear that is currently unobtainable (only Salvage at the moment).
    • Custom food to make your leveling life even easier!
    • 24/7 server uptime WITH AUTO REBOOT ON CRASH!
    • A better repository than ANY other private server
    • We run the only code that does not crash on pvp or auto-homepoint you after death

We are proud to say this is the best server out there even though it has not beenup for more than a week.

If you want to come check us out and play, come by! The link is above. Check us out, you will NOT regret it!

(Oh, by the way...we broke off of Sinister Skies because of their admin and lack of care for the player base).

Hope to see you in game soon! Any questions, feel free to PM me, Katrinka, on the forums!

Yours,
    NathanZ

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I just took a look at your server and the shoutbox. What's up with the "Twiz and $2100 donation/paypal claim"? I'm an old SS player that got banned after Twiz took over and we made it known we didn't like him or his changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I just took a look at your server and the shoutbox. What's up with the "Twiz and $2100 donation/paypal claim"? I'm an old SS player that got banned after Twiz took over and we made it known we didn't like him or his changes.

He started making content that you had to pay for such as $100 for a broken custom set that basically allowed you to solo Fafnir at 75. It was ridiculous.

Multiple people donated to him, totaling about $2,100. These sets never worked...the first day they were implemented, I tested them all since I was a GM on his server. I noted every stat that did not work, and here we are a month later with the same problem. Everyone that donated to him filed a paypal claim saying their product was defective.

This was one of the many reasons I left him to create my own server...the way a server is supposed to be run. Not through an iron fist, but through compassion, passion, understanding, and helpfulness.

BTW, IP man is a FANTASTIC movie series :D

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

God help those people that paid for custom sets on a private server. Good luck with your server!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Hey, me too! Twiz is a fucking idiot and once Worndown gave him the server the game went to shit.

We are totally against Twiz and are completely dedicated to the players and the completion of the game.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Do the custom NPCs also include various spells, other equipment, ninja tools, etc. or will it all be crafted by the community?

EDIT: Asked NathanZ on the Shinra forums. The AH has a stock of items, mostly singles.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

If it's similar to what Sinister Skies used to be, it would be my opinion this would be a good "enhanced" version of XI. If playing as close to retail is your cup of tea, then Nasomi's server would better suit the player.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Movement speed, xp rate, & no-auto HP after death are nice... not sure how I feel about rare stuff readily available on the AH- I don't recall seeing a Rabit Charm in retail over the ~6 years I played, but there were 4 on the AH.

The donations for gil and/or stat buffs is a bit of a turn off.

I'll probably play some of this, along with Nasomi's server, and see how the communities develop.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

As Kalmado said, this is more of a server you can get on and get to the end of where equipment will be accessible. Nasomi is more of a straight retail setting. The donation buffs isn't anything new and are actually not overpowered, at least in my opinion.

If you've ever played a high rate RO private server, that's what I'd compare it to.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I think Nasomi's server is a fantastic server, but if you never got to wear that adaberk or nab a Ridill something like this may better suit you. Part of me loves the idea of the grind, especially as Beastmaster(if it works 110%), but part of me just wants to complete what I never could on retail. I'd say, do both! You won't be sorry either way.

It's no necessary to donate at all to make extreme amounts of gil. The donations, like I say in the post, are specifically to cover server costs.

The donation buffs are set to a point where it enhances your gameplay and playability, but also does not break the game. As this server has just come up, the AH is being worked on, but it is a ridiculous task because of the amount of items that are on the AH in the first place. There is no end-game gear on the AH such as Novio, Ninurta's, KC, or any of that nonsense - you must work for it.

There are a lot of significant changes going on at the moment because like I said, the server has only been up for a week. We already have a solid 20 person player base and it grows each day.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

How playable is bst?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Played a bit this weekend. The community is very nice and there is a server LS where everyone is centralized.

Got from 25 to 50 in about an hour with a small group of people level sync'd in the dunes. After capping out, went back to town to level another job and someone was offering help for anything, ended up going along with one other person for G1. Unfortunately after we got the first Exoray mold the server crashed and my Ashita went crazy.

Going to try to play a bit at lunch today. Enjoying myself so far. Hope more people join in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think I'd enjoy a server where everything is handed to me.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Totien View Post
    I don't think I'd enjoy a server where everything is handed to me.
    The only thing you don't have to work for is leveling. The only buyable, end game gear is Salvage gear because it is currently not working. Everything else needs to be obtained by normal means.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there a trick to getting another install of FFXI on one's system? I'd rather not replace things directly into my current FFXI folder considering I still play the current game, but I didn't do CoP back when it was hard, so I'd like to give a private server a whirl just to do stuff like that.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    Is there a trick to getting another install of FFXI on one's system? I'd rather not replace things directly into my current FFXI folder considering I still play the current game, but I didn't do CoP back when it was hard, so I'd like to give a private server a whirl just to do stuff like that.
    If you have another drive you could load it onto that. Otherwise, I don't think it actually does anything if you still play retail. Really, all you're doing is moving a folder from the Playonline directory to the Final Fantasy XI directory.

We're still running very strong. Come play with us! Best part is...it's free :D

BST works well. The only bug that I've had so far is pet stats+ armor isn't working and pets dont regen on /stay. Buuuuuut these are being worked on at the moment :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast