+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Landmark (Everquest Next's Minecraft)

SOE released new founder packs for Landmark, the highest tiers get access to Alpha which start Feb. 28, 2014.

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm quite tempted to spring for the $100 one just to support this thing. Somewhat dangerous investment though, hm.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Can't do any worse than Rhode Island investing in Curt Schilling's game studio.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    This one actually looks cool. Every interior they've shown off (or I've seen at least) has been incredibly bland though, really hope that's not gonna be the case in the final product. Is the alpha under NDA? I'd assume so but it'd be nice to see what players can pull off, dev showcases never seem to be a good gauge for possible quality when it comes to player made content.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I'm quite tempted to spring for the $100 one just to support this thing. Somewhat dangerous investment though, hm.
    Yeah, I already put my 100$ down for this.

The updated news on the alpha/beta is pretty shitty. First, the whole Landmark inception being a cheap way to outsource and get a ton of graphic design work for pennies on the dollar. But, now, they expect folks to purchase shit, 4 months before a beta testing... on a tool to a game in early development? I read that you will have to BUY normal beta codes to participate and that all the free invites will be time trials... not a good way to build a community with that model.

This game has been fairly interesting to follow, so far, but a company like SOE asking for an investment this early in the game is not only laughable, but a good pause for concern about how the dev process is really going.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    This one actually looks cool. Every interior they've shown off (or I've seen at least) has been incredibly bland though, really hope that's not gonna be the case in the final product.
    On that note, are there tools in Landmark to give a "lived in" look to what you sculpt? Eg. Dirt/grime, busted bits of brickwork, weathering on the textures, etc. Going to be bland if everything looks brand spanking new.

The live stream was cool, some very nice tools.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Advanced building tools, Alpha sign-ups are now available, test to start in late January 2014

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Alpha Specs, Oculus Rift support teased
    While SOE is still being evasive over when the EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha test will start – is it this month? next month? Stardate [-28] 09855.00? – it has seen fit to release the system specs so you’ll know ahead of time if your rig can handle it or not. For VR aficionados, there are plans in place to support Oculus Rift as well.

Minimum System Requirements
    Code:
    OS – Windows 7 64 bit
    Processor – Intel i5 Dual Core or higher / AMD Phenom X3 or higher
    Memory – 4GB RAM
    Hard Drive – 20GB Free
    Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
    Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher
    Sound Card – DirectX compatible
    Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)
    Recommended System Requirements
    Code:
    OS – Windows 7 64 bit
    Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    Memory – 8GB RAM
    Hard Drive – 20GB Free
    Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
    Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    Sound Card – DirectX compatible
    Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)
    SOE noted that throughout the tester, it will continue to “make adjustments and optimize system performance.” In other words, throughout both Alpha and beta, the system requirements are subject to change.

During a Reddit AMAA yesterday, SOE boss John Semdley said EverQuest Next, which Landmark ties into, will launch “likely sometime next year.”

He also mentioned in the thread that the developer will support Oculus Rift “in some way shape or form,” and “probably for no other reason then it’s really damn cool and programmers love that stuff.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/25/ever...ements-posted/
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/25/ever...-half-of-2014/

Landmark Alpha begins at some point tonight.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

gdi I was looking forward to playing this but if you're gonna require that high of speed for connection (my peasant ass ISP caps at 3mbit/s and it's the fastest in my area) then I'd be better off not even attempting D:.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

All these founder pack things are for Landmark only or also the main game? I'm really confused at how all this works.

Founders packs are just for Landmark, which will be mostly sandbox-MMO come beta. For now it's an incredibly rough alpha. Only purchase in if you know what you're getting into.

Testing for EQN proper hasn't even been talked about, but i'd anticipate news this summer when Landmark has more time in the wild

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Founders packs are just for Landmark, which will be mostly sandbox-MMO come beta. For now it's an incredibly rough alpha. Only purchase in if you know what you're getting into.

Testing for EQN proper hasn't even been talked about, but i'd anticipate news this summer when Landmark has more time in the wild
    Yeah pretty much. 3 different packages to alpha/beta test Landmark only. From what I read there is a NDA all the way up to beta (not sure if closed or open beta). Expect SOE to release 3 packages for EverQuest Next (the actual game) down the road. No dates have been announced on that so it’s all speculation. Maybe by the end of the year? I hope so! Here is a video of someone playing Landmark for about an hour (Russian). I’m sure this video will be taken down. He just recently posted it in case anyone wants to see how it looks like.

It seems he got the explorer pack since he is wearing the red tech sergeant gear. Video gets quite choppy from time to time and he didn't post his PC specs (unless he said it in the video).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Landmark (Everquest Next's Minecraft)

Well crap it seems he placed it in private... I was able to download it. 600 mb file in 720p.

In Soviet Russia, YouTube privates you!

It seems they're reviewing the NDA for streamers, so maybe expect to see some footage cropping up. That said, holy shit movement is a blast in this game. I've spent a few hours just running around, vaulting over shit and playing around with the movement physics. It's also incredibly gorgeous for how early in alpha it is.

Seems they are allowing streamers. the art style and graphic engine is pretty awesome.

edit seems nda has been lifted and you can stream.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Anyone have a recommended stream?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast