+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Child of Light (Ubisoft Montreal)

I remember seeing a thread on BG sometimes ago but search gave me nothing

So sorry for the new thread

Child of Light is one of those games where you can't help but tell everyone about it the second you put down the controller. The creative team behind Far Cry 3 have harnessed the power of UbiArt Framework, the engine that helped bring vibrant life to Rayman Origins and Legends, and used it to create a gorgeous homage to classic 16-bit RPGs like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

Part turn-based RPG and part platformer, Child of Light tells the story of young girl lost in a waking dream, and the lengths she'll go in order to become a woman strong enough to save those she loves. After spending about an hour playing though a small slice of the game cooperatively, two IGN editors couldn't help but gush about their experience.

Seems interesting

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

April 30

BG Level

MMM current and next gen

(or current and old gen lol)

Wonder what version to get

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    April 30
    Ubisoft confirmed today that Child of Light will release on April 30, 2014 and has also released a new trailer for the turn based RPG set in the magical world of Lemuria. The game will be available for download for $14.99 on Microsoft Xbox Live for the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Microsoft Xbox One, the Sony PlayStation Network for the Sony PlayStation 3 and Sony PlayStation 4, the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U, and Steam for PC.

The game is created by a small team of seasoned developers based in Ubisoft Montreal. Child of Light has been developed on Ubisoft’s UbiArt Framework, a powerful engine that lets programmers and artists bring their art to life by allowing original concept art to be inserted unedited into the game world. In Child of Light, the effect is that playing becomes akin to stepping into an interactive painting.

Child of Light is a reimagining of classic fairytales, inviting players on an epic adventure into the magical painted world of Lemuria. Players will uncover mysteries, participate in turn-by-turn combat inspired by classic JRPGs, and explore a mystical kingdom. The game puts players in the shoes of Aurora, a child stolen from her home, who, in her quest to return, must bring back the sun, the moon and the stars held captive by the mysterious Queen of the Night. Helped by her companion Igniculus the firefly and several unlikely allies, Aurora will face her darkest fears, including dragons and other mystical creatures in this modern take on a coming-of-age story.

BG Level

Also game will cost 15$

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Haven't had an interesting sidescroller, imo at least, since Dust. And that game was made for furries, which made the overall experience of it a lot less interesting for me. So I'm kind of excited for this. Total sucker for these kinda games.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Definitely looks promising, and you can't really argue about the price. Strider was only $15 and I had a blast with that, so why not?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

only a bitch would play this game

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

oh

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    only a bitch would play this game
    Guess you will buy it as soon as it goes live

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

SICK BURN

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This game looks even better than Rayman Origins, which was already an eye-gasm of color. I hope it's as fun as it looks.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/04/...-round-up.html
    GameSpot 8/10 - Edge 5/10 - Polygon 6.5/10 - Eurogamer 8/10 - Game Informer 8/10 - Videogamer 9/10

CVG 8/10- Destructoid 8.5/10 - TheSixthAxis 10/10 - RPG Site 9/10 - Gamreactor 9/10 - GamesRadar 4.5/5

OXM 8/10 - - Push Square 9/10 - XB1 Magazine 8/10 - God is a Geek 9/10 - Digital Spy 4/5 - Nintendo Enthusiast 10/10

The Escapist 4/5 - Lazygamer 8.5/10 - GameZone 9.5/10 - Gaming Age B/A+ - Strategy Informer 8/10 - GameRevolution 4/5

Joystiq 3.5/5 - Now Gamer 8/10 - Game Front 70/100 - Gaming Trend 90/100 - The Digital fix 9/10 - GameSkinny 9/10

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Been playing since release last night, it's really fun. The game starts off fast, soundtrack and art are glorious, everything you see is instantly charming and memorable. The combat is easy on normal and you level up fast at first. The "gear" and synthesis system seem cool. There are companions that you can swap between in combat easily and each character has 3 skill trees, Attack/Defense/Special.

On PS4 the game is obviously 1080p 60fps, you can use the touch pad or right stick to control Igniculus (the blue firefly), audio for recoding/streaming is bugged and doesn't play at all. You can play with two players, one controlling the character while the other controls Igniculus and offers support.

If you still don't know what the hell this game is, its a turn based RPG that's a platformer with minor puzzles outside of combat. It's a bit more mature than Ninokuni but anyone can play it.

BG Level

Yeah played for 30min (just got the fly power) and this game makes me wanna move around and discover stuff

Preordered it when I bought Octodad. Can't wait to jump in later tonight.

Only played about an hour so far, but I'm really enjoying it. I preordered so I got some gems to start. I combined the three right away into two diamonds, which I made into a larger diamond.

Its amazing visually and the sound is great also. Cannot put it down.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

it's about 8-10 hours long you can get all Trophies on the first play through (well worth £11.99 or 15.99 for the special edition)