+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Defiance     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Defiance

Defiance™ is the first multi-platform shooter MMO, that in a ground-breaking entertainment experience, interconnects with a global television program on Syfy. The game combines the intense action of a console third-person shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart exudes the scope, story, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic.

Being developed for the PC, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Defiance unites the MMORPG and Shooter game genres across the most popular platforms.

http://trionworlds.com/en/games/defiance/

Beta Invites went out today i was lucky and got in hopefully its in a playable state and can report back some good news

(sorry if this already has a thread i did a search but found nothing)

Got a key myself and was searching to see if anyone created a thread also. The tv show looks pretty awesome, Hope this does well.

http://www.zam.com/giveaways/defiance.html

Still keys remaining

First beta event is on the 18th-20th

Also this may need to be in the MMO section

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

it's multi-platforms so i don't think it'll be a true mmo but we'll find out later i suppose, stress test apparently worked even though i was unable to actually get onto the server for over an hour til i said screw it and went to bed

Hmm not sure where to dl the client, not seeing any links etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm pretty excited! here's a link to the beta installer I'm not positive, but I think you can at least update to the latest patch. If you were able to get an alpha key, the server is still up, except when they do beta tests.

The style so far reminds me of Borderlands, the graphics isn't anything special (Aion was better). I'm sure I'll be pretty addicted to the show, so this game is going to be a wonderful addition.

idk if my laptop is dying (5 years old) or if it's not powerful enough, but it's not able to run the game in any enjoyable fashion. it used to be able to run 2 instances of ffxi back in the day. just to give you an idea of how it'll run, my desktop is an older amd quad core 920, 4gb ram, nvidia 260 gtx, and it runs the game perfectly (well I haven't come across any huge area of characters yet like a city so idk)

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    I'm pretty excited! here's a link to the beta installer I'm not positive, but I think you can at least update to the latest patch. If you were able to get an alpha key, the server is still up, except when they do beta tests.

The style so far reminds me of Borderlands, the graphics isn't anything special (Aion was better). I'm sure I'll be pretty addicted to the show, so this game is going to be a wonderful addition.

idk if my laptop is dying (5 years old) or if it's not powerful enough, but it's not able to run the game in any enjoyable fashion. it used to be able to run 2 instances of ffxi back in the day. just to give you an idea of how it'll run, my desktop is an older amd quad core 920, 4gb ram, nvidia 260 gtx, and it runs the game perfectly (well I haven't come across any huge area of characters yet like a city so idk)
    Thanks, no luck on updating since I don't have alpha access and it seems they have not set up beta access yet for most people. =/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There'll be a closed beta even running from Friday 8am PST until 9pm Sunday the 20th, ALSO:

Playtest 2: Multiplayer Battle - Observatory
    WHEN: FRI 1/18 from 4:30PM-5:30PM Pacific
    QUEUE for Observatory:

Hit U for Quick Menu
    Click Matchmaking
    Click Battlegrounds
    Select “Observatory”

Playtest 3: Multiplayer Battle - Shadow War at Mount Tam
    WHEN: SAT 1/19 from 11AM-12PM Pacific
    QUEUE for Shadow War:

Hit U for Quick Menu
    Click Matchmaking
    Click Shadow War
    Select Quick Match
    idk if these will be pvp events or a massive pve boss fight though

Ok this game is pretty damn cool

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i had about 3 hours on it only thing i couldn't find is how to get into your inventory and how unstable it can be otherwise this game is pretty good

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://defiance.com/en/pre-order/phy...b71954zCxs-cas

Preorders on the pc version are up game was enjoyable and fun over the weekend only downside was client would freak out from time to time

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Couldn't play for more than about about 2 minutes before it would lose connection and go back to character select. Also couldn't find the logout button which was apparently under the account section of the settings menus.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Couldn't play for more than about about 2 minutes before it would lose connection and go back to character select. Also couldn't find the logout button which was apparently under the account section of the settings menus.
    Keyborad > p > hold space button > settings > log out or exit, inventory was my only problem once you pick something up you have to use it or sell it since you can't discard

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Defiance

It was pretty "beta" all around. Game's not my cup of tea but it was relatively fun I guess. Hope it does well for Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    It was pretty "beta" all around. Game's not my cup of tea but it was relatively fun I guess. Hope it does well for Trion.
    One can hope, as it seems to be doing a dash of what XIV has done to IX with Rift.

So it seems many people got invited to Alpha, which does indeed use a different client than the beta event one.

LOL.. ok.. sooo how much the game or tv show affects each other is not much... since the show already shot its entire first season.

Also no cross platform play sooo PC PS3 and Xbox all on different servers.. very very lame.

But FYI the game is fun.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    LOL.. ok.. sooo how much the game or tv show affects each other is not much... since the show already shot its entire first season.

Also no cross platform play sooo PC PS3 and Xbox all on different servers.. very very lame.

But FYI the game is fun.
    pre-ordered mine today for ps3

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

become an ark hunter and get codes to boost your performance at the start of the game!

http://community.defiance.com/en/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Beta-3-Details
    We are proud to announce the third Defiance Beta weekend which will take place on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Our Advanced Mission Beta 3 release will be NDA FREE! So feel free to talk about Defiance on our official forums here once Advanced Mission Beta 3 is live!

Note: The Alpha NDA is still in place and content around Alpha will remain under NDA until further notice.

Advance Mission BETA 3 Dates:
    PlayStation 3 North America: March 19th 8:00am PDT – March 25th 9:00p, PDT
    PlayStation 3 Europe: March 20th 8:00am PDT – March 26th 9:00p, PDT
    PC Global: March 22nd 9:00am PDT – March 24th 9:00pm PDT
    Xbox 360 Global: March 25th 8:00am PDT – March 26th 9:00pm PDT

The final beta, which is not representative of the final game, will let players explore the Mt. Tam and Madera regions with Co-op battles on Angel Island and the Cronkhite Bunker. For Ark Hunters looking to test their might in some competitive multiplayer action, the Freight yard and Observatory will provide opportunities to prove themselves worthy of Von Bach Industries’ recruitment.

Thanks to a partnership with Dodge, we revealed last week that players pre-ordering Defiance will also get an exclusive in-game red Dodge Challenger at launch, in addition to the previously announced pre-order reward items. The Dodge Challenger is the fastest vehicle in the game and players in the BETA will get to test drive it first by competing in the Dodge time trial challenge located in Madera.

Defiance is scheduled for release April 2, 2013, and is now available for pre-order. If you’re looking for a guaranteed invite to the final BETA you can get your key by pre-ordering now.

Also! PC players can now pre-order their copy of Defiance from Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600.
    Game looks really cool, to bad it seems like they are trying to hide the game or something.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the Alpha is a lot different compaired to the beta (it's like hard mode in comparison)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast