FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight & Lich King Classic

Cinematic Trailer

Reveal Show

too long didn't watch:
    expansion site: https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-gb/
    level cap 70
    new race (Dracthy, a dragon racer) - like Worgen you select a human base which affects how your dragon form will look
    new class: evoker, that's tied and unique to the new race
    new zones
    new dungeons
    new raids
    talent revamp, talent trees returning and allowing for greater customisation (looks basically like Classic/Burning Crusade/Lich King days but with MORE points to let you branch into a secondary tree to my understanding. I think they used the term hybrid talent trees in the video
    crafting revamp, gear matters now and it's basically XIV's system, and probably other games too
    build-a-dragon: get a dragon mount which you can customise with a million possiblities. Official blurb:

Master the art of Dragonriding, a new form of aerial movement. Explore the land and obtain four new Dragon Isles Drakes—unique, customizable mounts that can be truly made your own. With millions of possible combinations to choose from, no two Drakes are the same.
    Some personal remarks:
    The cinematic just made me think of the FFXIV 6.1 24 man raid a bit at the initial bit
    It then made me call it WoW: Heavensward lol
    The new dragon race, I know they need to make it humanoid but it just ends up looking a bit weird to me since it has to move around like a humanoid, I was immediately thinking that they should've went with Shyvana from League of Legends style instead:

In LoL she is a half dragon, and her ultimate ability in game turns her into a full dragon temporarily and augments her base abilities. During this period she's also on all 4s like a proper dragon. i felt if WoW went at it like this I would've been hyped more. However I appreciate some long term WoW fans/players and/or the lore lords are probably uber excited, but it's just not stickin on me too much.

Like Endwalker which resolved all conflicts, it seems this expansion so far seemingly has no greater bad/evil you have to defeat (yet).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Looks neat. A new class was needed, and dragons are always fun, but i've been burned by this game too many times. The last few expacs were trash.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

a newfound adventure
    Lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't really care about WoW but I watched the presentation with one eye while playing XIV ;P and I'll just say tying the new race and class together is such a dumb idea

surely it'll be better than shadowlands. what a disaster that was

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'll check it out but really I'm paying for classic. I can not wait for wrath classic. I'm having a blast in tbc classic and even dropped my FFXIV sub because of it. Also I think the way they put out the wrath classic trailer was really well done.

The retail cinematic was terrible. Really boring. I'll check it out as I always do but we'll see.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    surely it'll be better than shadowlands. what a disaster that was
    And yeah, it can't be worse than shadowlands. It isn't hard to be better than BFA but it could be worse than that, but I'm sure it'll at least be better than that.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I don't really care about WoW but I watched the presentation with one eye while playing XIV ;P and I'll just say tying the new race and class together is such a dumb idea
    I'm okay with it. A lot of the abilities play well with dragon movements it looks like and would be weird without. A TON of conals, honestly it looks like they finally turned their shit around and started doing what the other games have been doing for years, taking ideas from others. Some of the best games out there right now, FFXIV for example, are great because of how much they took from wow and improved on it. It's about time wow really did the same.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Meanwhile, YoshiP:

So I hope it does well because it would mean the next FFXIV will hopefully do well too!

The new mechanic of holding down spells to make them stronger seems interesting!

The new dragon race, I know they need to make it humanoid but it just ends up looking a bit weird to me since it has to move around like a humanoid, I was immediately thinking that they should've went with Shyvana from League of Legends style instead:
    Isn't that they have?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post

Isn't that they have?
    Ah what I meant there was that when they are in full dragon form (like worgen) it just looks a bit weird/off/dumb for me because it's more like just a humanoid wearing a dragon onesie, or a cosplay. So my preference would be they look more like Shyvana in LoL where they retain a lot of their dragon features.

I believe the Dracthy race will enter full dragon form upon entering combat like Worgen enters wolf form, but of course none of that is confirmed yet. But just stating how I felt about them which puts me off a little because the animations look a little awkward to account for the fact they're humanoid so the tall form. But to give it credit, it is a very old game nowadays.

edit: I was reading the WoW subreddit and someone called ThunderBrush attempted to do a little fix which resonates with the issues I felt with the current model:

https://twitter.com/ThunderBrush/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I agree that it's probably skinny/tall/very humanoid to accomodate for the armor models, so I feel it's justified that they did what they can. Regardless, I really like the tweak that the artist has done to make it feel more Dragon!

oh that makes sense. I think you’re right about the worsen thing as I have yet to see any gameplay of them in that more humanoid form. They probably should have included that option but maybe that’d step on the toes of the pseudo race that is demon hunters with the horns and stuff ? Or maybe turning into a full fledged dragon should be part of the gameplay. I think dragons in Warcraft are supposed to be shapeshifters so those options would be appropriate imo.

There’s apparently multiple body types so maybe there’ll be one that is less off putting.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I'll check it out but really I'm paying for classic. I can not wait for wrath classic. I'm having a blast in tbc classic and even dropped my FFXIV sub because of it. Also I think the way they put out the wrath classic trailer was really well done.

The retail cinematic was terrible. Really boring. I'll check it out as I always do but we'll see.
    I'm actually doing the same.

I started playing wow deep into WoLK and loved it, so burning through BC to kinda experience WoLK launch since I never did for retail.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A lot of quests were buggy, with lots of phasing issues; still the best expansion they ever did and Lake Wintergrasp was their best PvP zone, equal to the original Alterac Valley, and I hold them both in the highest regard in MMORPG PvP content, along with GW2 WxWxW on that games release.

Wintergrasp had better music.

So they announced the next three expansions, Cataclysm Classic and a new season of Classic WoW that sounds like an experimental classic+.

I'm excited for all 3 projects. Really surprised there's not a Wrath era server since I know a lot of the classic crowd puts those first 2 expansions on a pedestal.

BG Level

Chris Metzen take the wheel, game's been quite mid since Legion

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Really surprised there's not a Wrath era server.
    Everyone already has it, thanks to azerothcore et al

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag