Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

best $/seal per kindred and beastman seals

about 6 months ago (during xmas inflation) i spent a day looking up all the drops, estimated drop rates, and price of drops for the different BS fights, and came to the conclusion that the brothers d'aurphe (sp) was the best $/seal (about 55k/seal avg, compared to about 15k-30k avg for most BS fights). i tried doing KS but the variability of drops just made it too hard without real data on drop rates of v.claw, unsho, etc.

i'm just curious if anyone has an opinion on the best $ per K.seal for KS fights, or if anyone feels the brothers fight is no longer the best $ per B.seal.

also i heard a rumor from JP friend that a reliable JP website said that in next patch O.kote and some other melee item (i forget, but similiar to o.kote in value and rarity) will only drop from BC and a ra/ex version will drop from NM, like they did to peacock charm, emperor hairpin and leaping boots. for the sake of argument, assuming the rumor comes true, would it be a good investment to buy an o.kote now and expect the price to go up?

Why do mobs that drops job specific gear still drop it non-ex? >_> Gogo thief knife, striders and any other JSE gear out there, turned into ex gear.

If it helps, my KS groupleader's spread sheet put claw drop at 5.5%.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

IF, and that's a pretty big if, that information is correct and SE is planning on giving more gear the Lizzy treatment, then I'd say go for it. Personally, I don't put much stock in rumors though and wouldn't risk it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

thx ed, that helps. although i turned down an invitation to manaburn ODS today and they got 3/6 claws! >.< /fume

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Last night id say we averaged about 6M gil per run on a KS99 behemoth. 9 runs. The most gil made being from someone who got kriegs, hide, and damascene cloth.

Banned.

BG Level

/requesting the mazuka line.

Re: best $/seal per kindred and beastman seals

Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    about 6 months ago (during xmas inflation) i spent a day looking up all the drops, estimated drop rates, and price of drops for the different BS fights, and came to the conclusion that the brothers d'aurphe (sp) was the best $/seal (about 55k/seal avg, compared to about 15k-30k avg for most BS fights). i tried doing KS but the variability of drops just made it too hard without real data on drop rates of v.claw, unsho, etc.

i'm just curious if anyone has an opinion on the best $ per K.seal for KS fights, or if anyone feels the brothers fight is no longer the best $ per B.seal.

also i heard a rumor from JP friend that a reliable JP website said that in next patch O.kote and some other melee item (i forget, but similiar to o.kote in value and rarity) will only drop from BC and a ra/ex version will drop from NM, like they did to peacock charm, emperor hairpin and leaping boots. for the sake of argument, assuming the rumor comes true, would it be a good investment to buy an o.kote now and expect the price to go up?
    Season's greetings is an incredible KSnm for drops if you can handle it. Diving Log has a really high drop rate.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    /requesting the mazuka line.
    Beat me to it. :"(

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Season's greetings is an incredible KSnm for drops if you can handle it. Diving Log has a really high drop rate.
    Did 5~6 runs on Friday with LS, got 3 logs. Pretty decent average and the KSNM is extremely easy with the correct setup, the trees can easily be slept for a pretty long duration by a bard and then a blm there can put them to bed for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by grunion

What strat do you use? I have an Orb just sitting in my Mog House but don't want to waste it going w/o any knowledge.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

also i heard a rumor from JP friend that a reliable JP website said that in next patch O.kote and some other melee item (i forget, but similiar to o.kote in value and rarity) will only drop from BC and a ra/ex version will drop from NM
    I hope you're casting Mazurka now to run away from these boards because believing a rumor that your JP friend told you is so 2004

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea
    Did 5~6 runs on Friday with LS, got 3 logs. Pretty decent average and the KSNM is extremely easy with the correct setup, the trees can easily be slept for a pretty long duration by a bard and then a blm there can put them to bed for a very long time.
    I havn't tried this KSNM but somepage says they are all immune to lullaby. Can you verify this?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I kept them asleep without problems

How large is the range on Pinecomb Bomb and that AoE Leef Dispel Thing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

also i heard a rumor from JP friend that a reliable JP website said that in next patch O.kote and some other melee item (i forget, but similiar to o.kote in value and rarity) will only drop from BC and a ra/ex version will drop from NM
    Normally I'd totally ignore 'friend of a friend' info. In this case though I'm hopeful SE is gonna step up to the plate.

I've been saying for quite a while that O.Kotes and Fumas need the Emperor Hairpin treatment. Last bastion of low level annyoing gilsellers needs to go.

Care to PM me what your party setup Aurik? The info I've seen is spotty at best. People tend to be reluctant to try new things too (i.e. not Manaburning ODS).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    Care to PM me what your party setup Aurik? The info I've seen is spotty at best. People tend to be reluctant to try new things too (i.e. not Manaburning ODS).
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... +greetings

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We pulled the monk first
    After it 2hours we slept it and the next mob came slept it and after 100fists wore we killed it. Every mob stays away until the first one 2 hours.

Run in have the nin pull the monk mob to about half way down the track where the rest of the party is waiting.

Hit it till it two hours and I believe the NIN comes next, I'm not 100% sure the order but I do know we always finished with the WHM mob that SO loves to benidition at like 1% its like other mobs that the benidition will effect others, you can totally shit the bed if it has a chance to benidition on another mob thats still availible.

The NIN's majin is hard hitting, it hit me through fire carol, barfira, stoneskin for almost 900. We did wipe mid fight to one, but since they come so slowly we were able to get up and our blm was able to ES+Sleepga II the mobs and we were able to recover from 1 mijin.

Only real problems is 100 Fists, Mijin and Benidiction. Ill ask the fellows in my LS today and get a better strat to it but yes Divine log drops pretty well only thing is, if the log doesn't drop everything else pretty much sucks total and complete ass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    How large is the range on Pinecomb Bomb and that AoE Leef Dispel Thing.
    Pine comb bomb isn't very large at all, Leef Spin (I think thats what it was called) has a pretty decent AOE.

2x Nin buddy tanking make this KSNM easy.

2x Nin, 1 Whm, 1 Rdm, 1 Brd, 1 Blm and it was done on average of 14 minutes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

/slaps self. I know not checking Search again would mean I missed a thread. I fail.

Thanks for the info Saphirea.