Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

I didn't notice this posted yet so....

Official Website

Sep. 26, 2006 04:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 3,300 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Sep. 26, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

LADIES AND GERMS, START THE LOLZS.

It's going to be a good day on BG. Let the flood of people who used hacks months or years ago just now getting busted and the ban hammer shoved up their asses now ...start!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail

It's going to be a good day on BG. Let the flood of people who used hacks months or years ago just now getting busted and the ban hammer shoved up their asses now ...start!
    But, they only use windower.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

3 friends got banned(LM-17)

POS.exe ofcourse

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What if you get (LM-11)?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

/

It's all good, I needed to get some work done around the house anyway.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

enter the end of the month ban-stick.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Watch Ragnarok not have more then 1 person banned again..

I was told this is going to be a monthly occurance (by SE customer services), around this time every month, in an attempt to crack down on cheating.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail

But, they only use windower.
    Yup, Cue the flood of "OMG I NEVER CHEAT, FU SE!"

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So how many servers actually got their rmt banned?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

3rd Party tools encourage RMt.

STFU Square

So which one between LM-11 and LM-17 is suspension and which is banned? I forgot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dank
    So which one between LM-11 and LM-17 is suspension and which is banned? I forgot.
    LM-11 is banned

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Re: Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    I didn't notice this posted yet so....

Official Website

Sep. 26, 2006 04:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 3,300 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Sep. 26, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
    I like how the message on POL is a copy&past of last time only with a differnt number.
    Also 3,300/NumberOfServers=Pathetic

Old Merits
    BG Level

Roughly 100 people per server. When you think about it, I wouldn't be wrong if I said the vast majority of these people are endgame players using these hacks (since if anybody isn't yet at endgame, I doubt they are serious enough about the game to be cheating). So they're actually chopping off a lot of endgame players.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    Roughly 100 people per server. When you think about it, I wouldn't be wrong if I said the vast majority of these people are endgame players using these hacks (since if anybody isn't yet at endgame, I doubt they are serious enough about the game to be cheating). So they're actually chopping off a lot of endgame players.

who hack and cheat... and therefore should be banned...

Meh, pointless.

RMT know better then to POS through the Hall of Gods now. (As can be seen by massive alliances of RMT at ZM hot spots).

Any experienced RMT is not going to get busted by this.

Just a smoke show.
    Hey look at that cloud of smoke over there, while there are flaming RMT right in front of us, not going anywhere.

Better than nothing, hopefuly this anti-RMT team will help increase the monthly ban numbers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

A monthly thing you say? Wow, thats really smart right? Seeing as how so many people join a 5 year MMO every month Way to loose player base. Or maybe they are expecting everyone they bann to run out and buy a new copy of the game. Fuck that.

Or maybe this is their responce for us wanting abjs and ridills and d.rings and what ever to drop from other mobs, solution: kill end game population then fafnir will be up 24/7!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast