+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Post/Share your remixes/fan mixes/fan Final Fantasy songs/BGM here!?

Please use this thread to share your favourite fan-created remixes or songs that are not commonly found (i.e. Overclocked Remix) or known. I guess it's appropiate to place it here despite it's for discussing games.
    Looking for fresh material to add to my iPhone.

Personally I enjoy it when people resing some songs that have not got an official english version and/or remixes it in a way that retains the original's feel and stuff.

As a result I really enjoyed this English take of the FF13's song:

Hotpicking another, I enjoyed this, if you ignore the video/faces haha. It's strangely relaxing:

Regarding "songs", Katethegreat19's FF stuff (I believe she's registered on Overclocked Remix but doesn't share/post all her stuff) is great too if you're into the softer songs/themes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/katethegreat19 (all links below are songs)
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNHtbw4Kyf0 - Rose of May (FF9)
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbgCBZ86z4 - You're Not Alone (FF9)
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-as6Kbcj4c - Aerith's Theme (FF7)
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjx0ldEUCA - Suteki Da Ne (FF10)
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXkcswJQ8hE - The Place I'll Return Someday (FF9)

Please post/share your favs and make sure to name the originals it was remixed from!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dissidia sorta counts as an official remix for songs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm really liking the You're Not Alone you posted.... it's probably my favorite piece from any FF game, I love what she did with it (hell it's probably one of my favorite scenes of any FF period... the shock value of the scene where this song plays is just amazing, one of the more brilliantly executed scenes in the series.)

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm not such a fan of vocal remixes.. but i do like electronic stuff lol

Final Fantasy Victory - dubscribe (official remix, taken from Battle SQ)

dubstep? in my Final Fantasy?

Final Fantasy 8 - The Man with the Machine Gun Electro Remix by Doni

kinda nice. i love the man with the machine gun so i guess any decent arrangement of it works for me

Seymour Battle (official, off FFX Chips)

one of the chiptune remixes done in a classic style, as one might imagine it being played if on a NES. this track works particularly well with the genre imo.

On The Fly VDS - Pharoah Atem aka Red Osiris / Luso (remix of Clash of Standards, FFXI WotG OST)
    http://www.pharaohatem.com/music/OnTheFlyVDS.mp3
    This guy did some of my fave fan remixes for FFXI. I especially love this one for WotG music, but you can check them all out here.

Ballista Ballistics - dj plaeskool (remix of Battle Theme #2, FFXI OST)

repetitive but also dancey and easy to listen.

Noel's Theme - Final Journey -_AbstractSetOne (FFXIII-2 OST Plus)

chill lounge version?

edit:
    also i post this all the time but Shadow Lord/Awakening chiptune remix.

most awesome chiptune buildup ever probably.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This isn't FF, but a kickass remix of the 13th struggle from KH2.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I think we ended up finding a different version of the processional.. but this is what we used for our wedding Pretty epic

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, someone help me find the a cappelo version of the Atma Weapon tune from FFVI, I need a laugh.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

awww.. FF music in weddings!
    nice classy touch..

where I'm from Eyes On Me has been done to death at wedding dinners.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

http://ff6.ocremix.org/?out

IT'S FINALLY OUT!! Was gonna start a new thread but then I saw this one. Uploading to Google Music from work so I can get my listen on. :D

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    awww.. FF music in weddings!
    nice classy touch..

where I'm from Eyes On Me has been done to death at wedding dinners.
    Even the Angela Aki one?

---

Manako: Awesome FF6 Celes mix!

Kuro: thanks for informing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    http://ff6.ocremix.org/?out

IT'S FINALLY OUT!! Was gonna start a new thread but then I saw this one. Uploading to Google Music from work so I can get my listen on. :D
    Listened to Disc 5, 1, and halfway through 2. Kind of underwhelmed, personally. XPRTNovice is probably the best artist of the bunch I've heard so far. Liked his Shadow Theme mix and he's probably had the broadest range of style and instrumentation. Still can't at all get behind techno versions of stuff, or dubstep, or whatever the fuck kids are calling it these days.

Edit: ROFL, The Impresario on Disc 2 is almost like Weird Al doing a Queen homage in sound. Not sure if that was their intent, but it's funny.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This gentleman is ridiculously good at the guitar. He's got a master's in some sorta music thing, not sure which. He composes the music that accompanies his guitar play as well. He does 15-18 minute arrangements covering mostly battle themes from particular games in the series, adding all sorts of his own style and technique during lots of solos. Most of these are performed in unbroken single-takes unless he specifically has to change instrument (he's in each video). Particular pieces he will single out to cover individually. His next big project is the FF9 stuff. He took a poll for which songs from the game he'd tackle before the Tohoku quake and apologized at the end of last year for not finishing it in 2012. Here's some of his best stuff:

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

nice. i like that he doesn't "overdo" the solos, which a lot of lead guitarists seem to do. it keeps to the flavor of the melody and i like that.. love his FFVIII stuff

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Listened to Disc 5, 1, and halfway through 2. Kind of underwhelmed, personally. XPRTNovice is probably the best artist of the bunch I've heard so far. Liked his Shadow Theme mix and he's probably had the broadest range of style and instrumentation. Still can't at all get behind techno versions of stuff, or dubstep, or whatever the fuck kids are calling it these days.

Edit: ROFL, The Impresario on Disc 2 is almost like Weird Al doing a Queen homage in sound. Not sure if that was their intent, but it's funny.

The Impressario had Queen parody written all over it. Was really good. So far I'm kind of disappointed with the album as a whole. Sixto Sounds didn't deliver any epic stuff and Snappleman's mixes fell a bit flat. There are still a few good tracks though. Looooove the New Continent mix and the one Beatdrop song (can't remember name).

That said, this album is still not as disappointing as the FFIV one, but falls short of reaching the heights of FFVII: VotL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    nice. i like that he doesn't "overdo" the solos, which a lot of lead guitarists seem to do. it keeps to the flavor of the melody and i like that.. love his FFVIII stuff
    Agreed, the FFVIII stuff is pretty sick. If there's one thing I like about 8 (and there isn't much) it's the music.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This isn't all exactly FF, but zohar002 has great stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/zohar002

I personally love his corridors of time(CT):

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The transition from his funky Man With Machine Gun straight into Only a Plank is my favorite part of that FF8 cover. What I appreciate most is his dedication to the source in first verses, saving any elaboration or improvisation for verses thereafter.

I expect so much from Snappleman; couldn't believe how unfortunate his offerings were in this FF6 album. I don't need to reiterate how XPRTNovice picked up the slack. I just hope the OCRemix team behind the FF9 album hasn't completely fucked itself up the butt. Project's been in the works since like a week after (and probably a knee-jerk fanboy response to) when VotL released in 2010. The female voice they got for the You're Not Alone! sample a couple X-mases ago sounded like a person who was both dying and didn't have any talent. Guess we'll be able to judge sometime around the end of the year.