Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Uleguerand Range exp burn guide - can i have it?

Hi,

I've seen a few times on these forums that wars can get 16k-19k/hr in this place. I was wondering if someone could post a nice guide here for how one would go about doing that?
    I saw a nice guide on the KRT parties which was cool.
    I've never fought high lvl demons before, in fact never even exp'd off them before.

Basically i'm totally bored of the KRT pts now and would like to try something different
    I just wanted to see for myself the 16k-19k/hr exp in action.
    KRT maxed out my blm merits, but would like to get a change of scenery for my other jobs hehe.

Thanks in advance.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

16-19k....

whoever said that must of been in a pt with adaman hauberk/ridill wars with merits up their ass.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Are you fucking kidding me?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've seen it. /

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was getting somthing around that and yes, we all had purple hauberks.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    16-19k....

whoever said that must of been in a pt with adaman hauberk/ridill wars with merits up their ass.
    Yep all 4 war's I know (well 1 doesnt have e body) all have a ridill and ebody, they get 16-19k an hr, whm or rdm and brd, they roam, and 5 minute repops own. And to my knowledge they are fully merited on war as well. cue Lockecole to speak more from experience on this =P

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Oh of course its possible - that is about the average in our LS merit parties. I'm more shocked that someone actually has the brass to ask this straight up on these forums. Whatever happened to researching shit before you ask a question? wee.

Ish

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"something around that" will not equal 19k/hr the way ulli is set up.

10-11 I believe (12 if you're good), but not 16-19k... that's pushing it to almost bullshit.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was getting 15k/hr with Xmode

lawl D:

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Don't you need an outside healer to do that well? Uleguerand mobs are weak as hell so the limiting factor on chains is pretty much the inevitable fuckup (someone gets Mortal Ray'd, mage eats a Condemnation, multiple links).

I've had sea and Uleguerand Range party's for 16k an hour. The best places to exp are the places where no one (or not as many as) go to.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well, more often than not it's going to be level5 petrify that stops your chain. That's the real bitch. Alright since this is going to turn into a guide anyway we usually head into Urange with...

WAR/NIN x3
    WHM/DRK
    RDM/WHM
    BRD/NIN

or change the WHM out for RDM/WHM, but when you do this I like to have DRK/NIN for stunning (surprise) level 5 Petrify! Now naturally you can just take 2x rdm brd 3war and be fine but if you are looking for optimum that is what we/I have found pretty good success with (meaning 13k/hr minimum). And yes, Ridills and purple suits dalms and lots of merit.

-Ish

I don't know if you can push for 19k/hr, but 15k/hr is very doable with good pt. You need a good brd puller and mages that know what they're doing. Stuff like blindna, constant haste, fast erase when mob cast aoe bind, etc. Melees have to be fully merited. I don't know if you need go as far as adaman hauberk/ridill, but if you take some normal war up there with no merits, don't expect to break 10-11k/hr. The mages are rdm whm brd, melees can varie. War, mnk/nin, or even nin can work imo.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Why brd/nin ?? Do demons resist lullaby "often" ? (often as in more than twice an hour, which is the case in krt)
    Where should you start / end hehe.
    Sorry for what seems like hasty questions, but i finally managed to find a little group of people willing to give this a shot, i wanna get it right on the first try if possible hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidorii
    Why brd/nin ?? Do demons resist lullaby "often" ? (often as in more than twice an hour, which is the case in krt)
    Where should you start / end hehe.
    Sorry for what seems like hasty questions, but i finally managed to find a little group of people willing to give this a shot, wanna try to get it right on the first try if possible hehe.
    BRD/NIN because Demons move at 25%+ movement speed, and no matter how close you pull from, odds are you're getting smacked by a WAR or SMN demon mob before you get to the melee. Same thing in Lufaise.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Tell your frontline to bring Holy Water. You can cut a lot of downtime (or slowed exp) from people forgetting/not being able to turn in time against Mortal Ray if they can spam waters along with the mages' Cursnas.

Since you asked about BRD/NIN, note the WHM/DRK as well, to stun Smolenkos's Petrify and Ga IIIs (also from Kindred Black Mages). It's optional, like BRD/NIN, but it helps a lot in a pinch. And Demons resists Lullaby more than bones I'm pretty sure, but in Range RDMs can back the BRD up once the pull is in position.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They're not dynamis mobs; lullaby lands just fine. But when mobs don't live longer than 60 seconds it doesn't really matter how long it lasts.

I've never had trouble sleeping stuff up there.

Banned.

BG Level

I don't believe anything about 12k until I see a parse. Its so easy to say "1000000000/hour, I CAUSE MY LEET LS MERIT PARTIES LOL."

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    They're not dynamis mobs; lullaby lands just fine. But when mobs don't live longer than 60 seconds it doesn't really matter how long it lasts.

I've never had trouble sleeping stuff up there.
    Its not so much lullaby but getting the mob to the camp, and staying alive in the process thats an issue. Alot of times you cant Lullaby mobs on the pull as a BRD, because it won't space the mobs correctly. The issue with Demons in U.Range is double attacking WARs which can drop a BRD in 3 hits, and SMNs with "Resist Slow" Job Trait which causes Elegy to get resisted straight up like 25% of the time at least, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I don't believe anything about 12k until I see a parse. Its so easy to say "1000000000/hour, I CAUSE MY LEET LS MERIT PARTIES LOL."
    Why's it so hard to believe. Chain 40+ is easily possible with a solid PT that can kill mobs in chain 6+ time. All you need is a small circle of mobs, and with 5min repops and mobs that give 240+ EXP on Chain 5+...it shouldnt be that hard to believe.

Can anyone do it? No. Is it possible though with an above average melee PT with high DPS jobs and a BRD? Of course.

I definitely believe 15k+/hr up there with the right people and an absence of horrible luck. I've clocked my krt mnk pts getting well over 17k pace during heavy action, though long-term that average is lower because if you kill at that pace in krt you run out of mobs and have to wait.

With 5 minute repops, as long as your party can a) keep chain and b) can keep mp ok, I can see long-term averages at 15k or above.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast