Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Depending on your overall expectations, you can certainly get by with 12 in Legion. You won't be getting 20-25+ kills in NQ chambers or anything but 7-15 kills is certainly feasible. I've personally been on runs where we cleared Ki/Muru/Im Wave 3 and beyond with 12 or less (I think 1 run we even entered with like 9. Think we entered 3 DD WHM BRD COR THF PLD SCH).

An I've never tried lowman and would be a bitch but no individual mob would be off-limits except for maybe Harpy which you could access via Mul Wave 1

Mul you'd be looking at clearing Wave 1 and then being selective on what your target Wave 2. Wave 3 would be off-limits unless you were an exceptional group I think and would require no setbacks. Then you could possibly down 1 of the 2 mobs.

Basically with 12 no loot would be out of your reach except for Wave 3 Mul depending on how good you were. I'd probably take a set-up of something like 4x DD WHM BRD COR PLD THF SCH x3. Alternatively you could drop the THF + 1 SCH and take 2 RNGs.

EDIT: COR + BRD rotate between parties and do Hastes/status removal etc like Byrth said.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I bet you could at least single-clear the lower chambers with 12 easily (I'd probably knock it down to 9-10 just because the last two people wouldn't be doing anything). I'd also bet that you can clear Wave 1+2+Botulus in Mul with ~12 using 4 DDs and rotating a BRD and COR.

A skeleton crew for Mul would look something like this:
    DD, DD, DD, DD, BRD*, WHM
    SCH, SCH, PLD, COR/RDM*, WHM/THF
    Swap the starred jobs to maintain buffs.

A skeleton crew for lower tier chambers would be:
    DD, DD, DD, COR/RDM, BRD, WHM
    SCH, SCH, PLD, (THF mule or have the PLD sub THF)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With 12, can you at least do 9-12 in all NQ chamber beside maybe AN, with my NA group ( far from behind as good as the JP one), we cleared 11 in im with about 10 people, if they are unreliable, some people just make stuff harder sadly.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Have cleared mul wave 3 with 13 once, I don't remember exact setup but it was using the sch stun method, a single pld and a 4 DD party. We did have a smn PD for gallu after botulus since with only 4 DDs mighty strikes can be a pain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So bahamut legion lags worse then other servers? Hmmm wonder if that's part of the reason so few seem to do it here. And why the synth materials from them are so hard to find

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Not worse than Lakshmi, I'd bet. R2000+ is my normal operating level at wave 2+ of Mul. R3000+ occurs for me too but only after short R0s (which happen). A big factor in improving our Stuns has been ruling out people with shitty connections. My connection is one of the better ones and this is still the crap I have to put up with. We have one WHM that DCs about 20% of the time when he zones in to Legion (single boxing, everyone else logged out, doesn't happen in any other zone).

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think lag is pretty horrible on all servers, I doubt it's significantly worse on any particular server. I'm forever ending up in the wrong gear due to lag. I actually eat Carbonara in Legion for the extra HP safety cushion because I know at some point lag is going to screw me in regards to hybrid gear and mob TP moves. Either it won't put on all my hybrid gear when it should or despite trying to time WS'es between mob TP moves, lag will mean I end up eating a move in WS gear.

I don't know what causes it but it does seem to be a recurring issue newer stuff SE adds. Neo-Salvage also has high R values too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't know what causes it but it does seem to be a recurring issue newer stuff SE adds. Neo-Salvage also has high R values too.
    Yeah, I got my worst R spike ever the other day in SSRII, was like R4400 or something. Caused awful pos warping of players and enemies all over the place and nearly got some people killed.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Not worse than Lakshmi, I'd bet. R2000+ is my normal operating level at wave 2+ of Mul. R3000+ occurs for me too but only after short R0s (which happen). A big factor in improving our Stuns has been ruling out people with shitty connections. My connection is one of the better ones and this is still the crap I have to put up with. We have one WHM that DCs about 20% of the time when he zones in to Legion (single boxing, everyone else logged out, doesn't happen in any other zone).
    well guess it affects all servers then. We contacted GMs about it as said and they know, but it frankly wouldnt hurt to make a post up on the official forums about those server lag spikes in Legion/salvage? My English isnt the best since its not my native language so it would be nice if someone could take it over.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd like to know if JPs have the same issues with server lag. Would explain better stunning if not obviously.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I'd like to know if JPs have the same issues with server lag. Would explain better stunning if not obviously.
    I think JPs lag a bit too, but nowhere as much as NAs/EUs. However the Lag in Legion isnt your normal FFXI lag, its craptastic. Can do 18 man VW np no lag very good connection, enter Legion with 18 people ----> go to hell lag wise. I am really baffled what the reason is behind this lag. Does the Legion zone share zones with meebles/MMM/Sandworm/whatever other shit?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quite a relief to see other people on other servers also suffer severe lag in Legion, sometimes I've felt like people have been thinking I've been using it as an excuse for poor performance. My biggest issues are the weird delay from when I hit a macro until I actually start casting, and the worst one is when I hit a macro, but nothing happens. As in no casting animation, nothing in chat log saying I'm casting anything, no casting progress bar. There's nothing telling me I'm actually doing anything until I see the message in chat log saying I have cast the spell.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I stunned manually on sch and never had any issues after upgrading from the worst possible internet anyone in the united states could pay for, its certainly not as bad as the last few post make it out to be in my experience.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    Ok, I won't be able to provide parse of Yoichi sam as of now, simply cause they don't keep them.
    i'll parse it next time we go, though quite frankly i do believe people would prefer to see a video demonstration first and foremost more than anything currently (can't parse and record at the same time since fraps gives me MASSIVE fps drops at times)

oh, and, i'd like to think there's at least SOME lag in legion compared to most zones, but honestly, if anything, i think that's just fps drops affecting playability, ala massive monster models as well as a multitude of people doing multiple things; to get what i'm saying otherwise, stand around in upper jeuno over by the fellow npc for example and hit your macros, and then do the same thing over by port jeuno's abyssea npcs: even on a top-tier pc, things will feel a smidge different

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by IronPandemonium View Post
    i'll parse it next time we go, though quite frankly i do believe people would prefer to see a video demonstration first and foremost more than anything currently (can't parse and record at the same time since fraps gives me MASSIVE fps drops at times
    I'd personally appreciate either or.

What would interest me more though is a parse of Amano vs OA4 Magian regarding Namas. Is the melee accuracy low enough using hybrid dt/haste sets that the amano accuracy really beats the tremendous ws frequency boost? I can understand Koga being annoying cause of loss of Aftermath when switching, but I'd have thought switching to OA4 when Namas spamming and switching to Amano when not wouldn't be too harsh.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

it's not just the accuracy (that also happens to allow you to use red curry instead of pizza), but it's also the superior natural dps imo (16% x2.5), despite samurai's natural white damage of course being very lacking

edit: unless, of course, i'm an idiot (teehee) and oa2-4 has better dps in the first place, but i'm honestly quite doubtful of that

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IronPandemonium View Post
    oh, and, i'd like to think there's at least SOME lag in legion compared to most zones, but honestly, if anything, i think that's just fps drops affecting playability, ala massive monster models as well as a multitude of people doing multiple things; to get what i'm saying otherwise, stand around in upper jeuno over by the fellow npc for example and hit your macros, and then do the same thing over by port jeuno's abyssea npcs: even on a top-tier pc, things will feel a smidge different
    No

There is a massive amount of lag in legion for some people and its nothing to do with how many people are there. I can cast spells in port jeuno with 400+ people there during jp time and there will be no more delay than there is in an empty zone. The second I go into mul I can experience up to 2-3 second delay on actions, spiking at anywhere up to 10 seconds on a bad day, it is not the same thing at all.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    There is a massive amount of lag in legion for some people and its nothing to do with how many people are there. I can cast spells in port jeuno with 400+ people there during jp time and there will be no more delay than there is in an empty zone. The second I go into mul I can experience up to 2-3 second delay on actions, spiking at anywhere up to 10 seconds on a bad day, it is not the same thing at all.
    whatever floats your boat duderton, but that's the way i've felt about it at least, since my blade bashes have no problem firing off when i tell them to accordingly via foresight

yes i know ja is instant and whatnot, but with proper fast cast you can make your stuns fire off identically practically

Old Merits
    BG Level

Except multiple people are describing extreme lag in legion but also likely do other events with a comparable number of people (odin v2) or w/e and don't have the same problems there. Some people have also said they experience it in new salvage zones with less than a full party, so its obviously not just lag from animations/number of characters

It doesn't matter how fast you can gear your stuns to go off when you don't see the move until its already gone of, or even at all

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Issue definitely isn't happening with everyone, my computer is complete shit, but I can play legion mostly lag free with all my settings at minimum. Friend has a much better computer and had severe issues with his stuns firing off on time. Salvage2 on the other hand completely kills, I sometimes have to just spam cure macros when fighting HQ boss so I don't die from animations moving so slowly.