Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

AV shadowbind / BLM nuke plan

Hi im from limitbreak ls on odin server.

My ls has saved 2 Love pop sets. We planning to do love / aV soon.

My questions are for Kupo and BG.

Can AV be pulled in front of the Palace entrance? We want to try warping to reset hate.

Also how much hp would you estimate 1 % of AV to be.

Also what is AV's regen?

Here is our battle plan.

Would pld/nin nin/war or pld/war be better for holding hate if AV was binded at all times? I want to try PLD/WAR but the insta cast spells may make it dangerous. We do have 2 reviler's helms though that we can use on our pld/nin.

http://128.91.107.49/limitbreak/files/a ... eplan.html

We may unify our HNM LS's on odin server despite our shit in the past to attempt to win.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That actually sounds plausible assuming you'll nuke it down faster than it regens. As it says it does require perfect coordination, might be tough.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

yeah im thinking between 1-3 blm per 15s nuking AV. depending on how many BLM show up. BLM can skip their turn too if no mp. anyways the main issue is keeping the person with hate, hopefully the pld and not the blm outside the blue circle.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't think jobchange resets shadowbind timer. Noy 100% sure tho.
    -T.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Changing jobs resets every other timer (except 2hour). Why not shadowbind?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

another question is about AV's 2hrs.

pictures show AV using the 2hr but the wynavs actually do it.

what if you kept each wynav away from AV? what would happen?

we know gravity and sielnce work on the wynav. is there more information Kupo can reveal on kiting the wynavs?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Changing jobs resets every other timer (except 2hour). Why not shadowbind?
    hmmmmmmmmmmm

It resets spell timers, are you sure about JA's?? (i must scurry off to test this now). Was almost certain that JA's don't reset

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Not hard to test if JAs reset or not.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Completely unrelated, what happened to Limitbreaks's Limbus stuff?

It was working yesterday and now that you did this it's gone ; ; I want to copy it all down

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In my newb days, I used to run just outside of Kazham, steal, flee back into town, and reset my job ability timers, then run out and steal/flee again. lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't answer the questions about amount of life or amount of regen very well since I don't have % mods to go by. Also, I think we only got AV to 98% once, and as far as I know any an all dmg on a mob will register as 99% requiring 98% or less in order to tell amount of life.

Absolute Virtue does not appear to have any restrictions on how far you could bring it. It never drew anyone in and just hunted people down wherever they went.

About 2hrs the wyverns use, that only applies to Mijin Gakure as far as we've seen. All of the other 2hrs, AV will do himself even with his wyverns being kited away.

As for holding hate, I would think PLD/WAR would do a better job. PLD/NIN can hold hate well, but alot of that hate would need to come from curing themselves or another. If AV is constantly/perfectly shadowbound, the PLD/NIN won't be getting hit and if they happen to get hit by a spell... it may be for too much damage. The reviler's helm may do the trick though. As long as you can keep AV from depopping, you could always give both methods a try of course.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

AV linking with other mobs might be a problem if you want to take him far. Well, at least I think he links.

Also I think a big problem is running out of bodies because he seems capable of mass genocide in seconds.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

when you guys killed the wynavs, did you kite them away?

did you guys think about shadowbinding aV then running for the ramp to the Palace?

how many jobs are necessary in kiting the wynavs?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

that plan does seem workable to an extent, being a pessimist i still doubt anything short of a miracle could kill him in the state you pop him in, but if you have like 6-8 RNGs switching in/out at all times for binding him 100% of the time, you could practically negate his melee damage.

for tanks, i'd probably say PLD/NIN in full enmity gear, have a WHM in pt to keep Baraera up, have PLD/NIN stay away from EVERYONE else incase of ga IV, Meteor....other than that, the only thing he has to watch out for is Tornado II w/ shadows down or AV getting TP enough for Explosive Impulse then AoE stunning everyone, then getting unbound and beating the shit out of everyone before stun wears off.

The cutscene for the zone to Grand Palace is a little long, but so is Sealion's Den CS back and forth, if you just have 12 BLMs nuking IVs constantly then switching in 12 new BLMs while the others reset hate, you may be able to work it but the wynavs are still a major issue. When you kill all 3, he'll just resummon so you'd have to bring 3 pullers focusing on just pulling the wynavs away towards the "add alliance" to take care of it.

Also, i think Kupo found out that his 2hrs do reset, but only when he goes non-aggro and kills everyone with hate. So far i guess he uses 13/15 2hrs, no way of knowing Benediction or Mijin Gakure yet...but if he used Mijin Gakure im positive it'd be like 80k damage to everyone around him.

One more thing about this method would be the fact that he can Virelai/Charm the tank holding hate while he's bound, so you'd have to get 2-3 tanks holding hate simultaneously then sleep/bind the charmed one, or just kill him lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    AV linking with other mobs might be a problem if you want to take him far. Well, at least I think he links.
    AV will link with any Aerns he happens to pass by, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by masag0
    when you guys killed the wynavs, did you kite them away?
    ???
    We killed them and they were resummoned by AV. The times we kited them, we began with kiting them. We never killed them and then kited the resummoned ones.

did you guys think about shadowbinding aV then running for the ramp to the Palace?
    No, we didn't attempt/think about doing that.

how many jobs are necessary in kiting the wynavs?
    We used 3 RDM/NIN, one for each wyvern. I'd have to ask the RDMs that kited, since I'm not sure if they had any trouble while doing it. The reason they died was because AV wiped the main alliance and then went in search of his wyverns.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    As for holding hate, I would think PLD/WAR would do a better job. PLD/NIN can hold hate well, but alot of that hate would need to come from curing themselves or another. If AV is constantly/perfectly shadowbound, the PLD/NIN won't be getting hit and if they happen to get hit by a spell... it may be for too much damage. The reviler's helm may do the trick though. As long as you can keep AV from depopping, you could always give both methods a try of course.
    I can't really say much next to someone who actually fought him, but from what I saw when watching, AV tended to use instacast Tornado II and Aero V a lot for 2k+ damage. A PLD/WAR could probably hold hate, but they'd die in one nuke. While PLDs do use curing themselves as a tool to keep hate, its hard to cure yourself for 2k+ when you only have 1600 hp.

Of course, it would be hard for a NIN to hold hate too. PLD/NIN sounds like it would be the best bet, though AV seems to be capable of too much damage for any straight tank (i.e. meteor, aeroga IV, meikyo shisui explosive impulse, etc.) especially when you can't reliably silence or stun.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what tactics end up being the best way to fight him. Only, once an NA LS does, SE will think "AV must have been too easy if an NA LS beat him. Oh well, lets nerf him to hell now and make the next god of ToAU twice as difficult."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Also, i think Kupo found out that his 2hrs do reset, but only when he goes non-aggro and kills everyone with hate. So far i guess he uses 13/15 2hrs, no way of knowing Benediction or Mijin Gakure yet...but if he used Mijin Gakure im positive it'd be like 80k damage to everyone around him.

One more thing about this method would be the fact that he can Virelai/Charm the tank holding hate while he's bound, so you'd have to get 2-3 tanks holding hate simultaneously then sleep/bind the charmed one, or just kill him lol.
    AV also auto-generates TP which may become an issue. I've never seen AV use Familiar though if he has it. Virelai appears to only be used when he has Soul Voice up.

AV has Mijin Gakure... when he uses it, his wyvern(s) explode. I'm not sure if he himself explodes with them. I was too far away to see it or maybe I was still dead.
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ar86/mijin.jpg

PLD/NIN is of course a safer way of holding hate since they can blink Aero V and Tornado II. I was just saying specifically for keeping hate that PLD/WAR may do it better since the PLDs won't be able to use cures for hate since the spells are generally so damaging.

Edit:
    As for 2hrs resetting... We're not sure if he's able to use the same 2hr multiple times because we never had someone with hate long enough for him to cycle through them all since he wipes everyone. Everytime he wipes everyone and regened to 100%, he probably was just completely reset.

Ja's do reset. I get on /thf > flee > outbox > warp > job change > flee > outbox > warp all the time.

Kiting the wyverns~ when we did this the first time, we did 3 rdm followed by a tank, which was a dumb error on my part... we later did 1 rdm on each following a tank, or a rdm and a whm kiting (need someone to wake you up if you get slept). I'm not really sure how everyone else did in the kiting, but I was kiting with a whm following me, and we kinda traded off hate for a while til we got things settled. Then I continued to kite solo for about 10 minutes, while everyone else in the main alliance had already died to AV. The point of this is to leave the rdm time to cast things to support the tank while the tank concentrates on kiting the mob.

One thing that I noticed however, when I was kiting if I ran out of visible range it would sometimes glitch and not be behind me but in front of me. My sense of direct could've been messed up but it seemed like it glitched and teleported in front of me. Then proceeded to nuke the hell out of me.

Silence and Gravity worked wonders they never were once resisted (have roughly 325/330 enfeebling magic) the time that it lasted varied from ~45 sec to ~3 minutes. I was also rdm/whm iirc, /nin would've probably helped a bit but if the whm I was with had stayed with me, but was needed else where, I wouldn't have had any problems. I also have w.legs which made kiting a bit easier.

Basically the jist of it is that you need 1 rdm and 1 other person either to kite or support kiting. I'm not sure of how much a blm/rdm could land gravity/silence on the wyvern though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast