Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flashy Shot - RNG     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Flashy Shot - RNG

Does any one know how exactly this works or even if its worth it, because i got it a few days ago and i have been playing around with it and it doesnt seem to do any thing. i have tried using it with WS, Barrage, and normal shots and havent noticed a damage difference. any one got info or some positive feed back on it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Flashy Shot - RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Jeauxzuf
    Does any one know how exactly this works or even if its worth it, because i got it a few days ago and i have been playing around with it and it doesnt seem to do any thing. i have tried using it with WS, Barrage, and normal shots and havent noticed a damage difference. any one got info or some positive feed back on it.
    It's basically just a hate tool, you use it like Provoke.

Old Merits
    BG Level

From what I read it makes a minimal difference on xp mobs... would make more difference on HNM... stuff that is alot higher level than you are.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I haven't got to test it on HNM yet but fighting Aura Stats in exp I messed with it some. Avg WS w/o songs or berserk was 900ish, zerk pushing those up to 1150-1300. Flashy shot->Sidewinder with no zerk or songs 1150-1300. Stacked with zerk in exp it didn't add any significant DMG. I wanna say that it caps out in exp pretty easily, but with zerk+songs my sides avg 1600 on stats so idk. I'm waiting for our next Kirin to really get to test out it's effects.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hrm i guess ill have to wait till gods or something to see if it makes any visible diference if not then im probably gonna merit Snapshot or Recycle lmao.

Anyone tried Barrage out recently? It seems much more accurate, and even without Stealthyshot a 68RNG in my party was busing it out at the start of the party for full hits, about 1k on Puks and it didn't even glance at him.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Had a pt in Lufaise the other day, pulled a bird with a zerked/stealth shot barrage for 1300 DMG. Initial voke from the NIN upon arriving at camp pulled it right off me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeauxzuf
    hrm i guess ill have to wait till gods or something to see if it makes any visible diference if not then im probably gonna merit Snapshot or Recycle lmao.
    lmao ok ZAM!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Flashy Shot seems....odd

I been playin around with it in exp, gods, ect. First sometimes it wears before WS/JA and sometimes it doesn't so I'm hoping its bugged. On suzy yesterday it seemed to up my dmg by 100-200 when it worked so it might be good might be bad, probably bugged. I'll probably do Snapshotx3, Flashyx2, Stealthx1. I'm otw to Kirin right now where I'll get some good testing hopefully

PS: lolrecycle

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

ok dude let me no wut u find out

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface
    Had a pt in Lufaise the other day, pulled a bird with a zerked/stealth shot barrage for 1300 DMG. Initial voke from the NIN upon arriving at camp pulled it right off me.
    Barrage doesn't pull hate anymore. Try it out. I barraged at the beginning of limbus mobs for 1000-1400 damage and mobs wouldn't turn to me at all. Also notice that the message for barrage has changed. It used to be:

Quixotic uses Barrage.
    The mob takes #### points of damage.

Now its just:
    Quixotic's ranged attack hits the mob for #### points of damage.

edit: Also, I don't know if its some placebo effect or something, but my barrages have been way more consistent recently. Been landing all my arrows on everything I've tried unless it gets blinked or something. Before, barrage was random as hell even with +100 racc on.

Flashy shot is only worth it for HNMs; it hurts my head when I see "wtfux I did flashy shot + sidewinder on a puk and my damage was the same." Well duh...puks aren't that much higher in level...

From what I read on lolKI, some ranger hit fafnir with a 800-900ish slug with flashy shot active which isn't too shabby.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

thats nice dude

Old Merits
    BG Level

From what I read on lolKI, some ranger hit fafnir with a 800-900ish slug with flashy shot active which isn't too shabby
    I'd do that w/o

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

If you had a bard, probably, but my LS doesn't always have bards to throw into the melee pt Personally, I've never broken 700 w/o a bard.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I noticed the change on Barrage as COR/RNG both in text and hate terms.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Actually I was just leveling ranger as a subjob the other day, level 31-32, terrible tanks. Using sharpshot pulled hate. Using barrage pulled hate even without hitting yet. So I think they might have reduced the amount of hate perhaps, but it's not by any means hateless.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Actually I was just leveling ranger as a subjob the other day, level 31-32, terrible tanks. Using sharpshot pulled hate. Using barrage pulled hate even without hitting yet. So I think they might have reduced the amount of hate perhaps, but it's not by any means hateless.
    think the point was damage wasnt added hate, moreso just like a normal ranged attack

but goddamn, you could have just like, left the party

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

One would assume that like any attack or JA activation it has some hate associated with it, but by no means the same hate that one would get for droppign 1500 damage onto a mob, which in effect might as well be hateless compared to the way it used to be, but thanks for the lesson in semantics

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    think the point was damage wasnt added hate, moreso just like a normal ranged attack

but goddamn, you could have just like, left the party
    Yeah I thought about it... But the only other 3 parties at that level were all 3 gilseller PTs with no subjobs... At least on my server this game is going down the tube as far as low lvl xp pts, I'm hoping it's temporary and maybe due to all the new merits.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't get any hardcore testing at Kirin because of the recasts and chat log spam, but I did notice a 200 dmg increase on the 3 times I got it off. Missed once I think, really gay adding a 20 min JA that can miss and probably will -.-