+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Religion question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Religion question

A quick question i need cleared up, jews, christians, and muslims belive in the same god right, or is this incorrect (yet common) information?

Oh Christ, not another religion thread.

Depends on sect and personal beliefs, but the incredibly general answer is they follow progressively different versions of the same god.

Banned.

BG Level

talking out of my ass (and memory here)
    jews and christians = Same God, but for Jews, Jesus never reincarnated.
    Muslims = Same idea of a God but not the same god, something like that >.> and idk if they have a Devil

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    talking out of my ass (and memory here)
    jews and christians = Same God, but for Jews, Jesus never reincarnated.
    Muslims = Same idea of a God but not the same god, something like that >.> and idk if they have a Devil
    sounds about right to me at least

Re: Religion question

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    A quick question i need cleared up, jews, christians, and muslims belive in the same god right, or is this incorrect (yet common) information?
    god as not in jesus Muhammad and w/e the Jewish one is.

Yes it's overall the same thing. Not really definable since it's a deity.

The religions differ on how it was created and what they should do with their lifes.

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

iirc that muhammed prophet guy is where it branches off for muslims >.>

BG Level

Wait, im getting different replies here.

I know they had different prophets/ god incarnates, but from what i see here, you all agree that they are basicaly the same idea of God. Also i think all 3 of these religions have the same origin, but i have no idea of this is correct.

I know they had different prophets/ god incarnates, but from what i see here, you all agree that they are basicaly the same idea of God. Also i think all 3 of these religions have the same origin, but i have no idea of this is correct.
    it is.

heres a time line

jewudism (sp) > christens > Muslims

western religons are so much easier to trace back then eastern ones.

+ theres fucking some where around 30 different major realigns that all happened in early early ages.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

From a Catholic's point of view, Jesus Christ founded our church. Catholics believe in Saints, or venerate say, Jesus's mother, the virgin Mary. Jesus's father, God, Dios, Deus, is the suprime being and is unamed. *Apparently, God is really pissed off at a certain *wink* *wink* religion because they killed his son <_<

*Just low brow humour ;(

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

muslims arn't people.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora
    From a Catholic's point of view, Jesus Christ founded our church. Catholics believe in Saints, or idolize say, Jesus's mother, the virgin Mary. Jesus's father, God, Dios, Deus, is the suprime being and is unamed. *Apparently, God is really pissed off at a certain *wink* *wink* religion because they killed his son <_<

*Just low brow humour ;(
    what the fuck, i have never heard this shit ever out of Sunday school every sunday for like 14 year's you think you would pick up on something like this

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire

it is.

heres a time line

jewudism (sp) > christens > Muslims

western religons are so much easier to trace back then eastern ones.

+ theres fucking some where around 30 different major realigns that all happened in early early ages.
    Engrish prease?

But you are correct.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

here's basically the story.

First there was Judaism which follows the Old Testament. Then Jesus came and caused a split. One half (the soon to be Christians) believed Jesus is/was the Messiah and follow his teachings closely. The New Testament is basically the composition written from the disiples who followed Jesus and wrote down the things he said. The People who remained Jewish are those that did not believe that Jesus was the Messiah. I have met both Jews who believe that Jesus was just an ordinary man and I've met those that believe he was just a lesser prophet.

Basically Both Jews and Christians believe in the Old Testament (though there are some translation disputes) whereas the Christians also believe in the New Testament while the Jews do not. The Christians are waiting for the second coming of the Messiah (and the apocalypse) where the Jews are still waiting for the first coming.

Years years later came the prophet Muhammad who also claimed that not only was Jesus a small prophet but that he got a lot of things wrong (basically). The Koran is basically the rewriting of both the Old Testament and the New Testament according to the way Muhammad said things really happened.

That's sort of the breakdown of it all. Of course even within those religions there's a lot of discrepancies between believers as to the meanings within the Old Testament, New Testament, and the Koran. (i.e "Thou shall not kill" does this mean other humans, all living creatures, restricted to murder, etc.?) So while they are basically all from the same tree they end up being very very different.

( o )( o )
    BG Level

Yes, it is the same God insofar as they have the same root belief system. They all believe in the "same" god through the time of Abraham. Hence, Abrahamic religions which can include Samaritanism or the Baha'i Faith, though most typically refers only to Islam, Judaism and Christianity. Additionally, they are all religions of Semitic peoples.

All 3 religions share common dogma and stories through the time of Abraham, where Islam branches off. Christianity and Judaism branch of at, well, Christ.

The major differences of the three religions involve issues of prophecy, not issues of origin.

Edit: Ksandra beat me.

BG Level

Ah, thank you Ksandra, that clears things up.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok
    muslims arn't people.

I can't stop laughing. Why is that?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

muslim's god = allah

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    Years years later came the prophet Muhammad who also claimed that not only was Jesus a small prophet but that he got a lot of things wrong (basically). The Koran is basically the rewriting of both the Old Testament and the New Testament according to the way Muhammad said things really happened.
    i'm not quite sure about this since that it has been 7 years since I look on the history text book. But I did remember that the time islam was found was during something like Rom's or Egypt or arabian(has been forgot which one..but i'm believe is arabians) attacking on jewish. And muhammad did ask his fellows to accept jews by that time.

but after a few decades then, they start fight to each other.. >.>

and yea, do anyone free to count how many gods buddhism got =.=?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

here's basically the story.

First there was Judaism which follows the Old Testament. Then Jesus came and caused a split. One half (the soon to be Christians) believed Jesus is/was the Messiah and follow his teachings closely. The New Testament is basically the composition written from the disiples who followed Jesus and wrote down the things he said. The People who remained Jewish are those that did not believe that Jesus was the Messiah. I have met both Jews who believe that Jesus was just an ordinary man and I've met those that believe he was just a lesser prophet.

Basically Both Jews and Christians believe in the Old Testament (though there are some translation disputes) whereas the Christians also believe in the New Testament while the Jews do not. The Christians are waiting for the second coming of the Messiah (and the apocalypse) where the Jews are still waiting for the first coming.

That's sort of the breakdown of it all. Of course even within those religions there's a lot of discrepancies between believers as to the meanings within the Old Testament, New Testament, and the Koran. (i.e "Thou shall not kill" does this mean other humans, all living creatures, restricted to murder, etc.?) So while they are basically all from the same tree they end up being very very different.
    Teacher Alert!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Osede
    muslim's god = allah

i'm not quite sure about this since that it has been 7 years since I look on the history text book. But I did remember that the time islam was found was during something like Rom's or Egypt or arabian(has been forgot which one..but i'm believe is arabians) attacking on jewish. And muhammad did ask his fellows to accept jews by that time.

but after a few decades then, they start fight to each other.. >.>

and yea, do anyone free to count how many gods buddhism got =.=?
    It's been a really long time since my Comparitive Religion class but Buddhism isn't about a God so much as your own personal path to enlightenment. Buddha was something like the "ultimate human" because he was really enlightened and able to do more with his body/mind because of his understanding. Though I honestly have no idea how exactly he is perceived by a Buddhist.

Islam was founded in A.D. a few hundred years after Christ. For the most part each religion believes Jesus to be a prophet, they just differ in how big of a prophet he was. Christianity is, literally, a reincarnation of Judaism. In theory all religions should get along, and afaik, Christians and Jews have no issues with each other. The Judaism vs Christianity vs Islam wars were over certain Holy Land, the Christians gave up on that so now it's just Jews vs Muslims. Aside from really early Christianity I don't believe there are any altercations between Christianity and Judaism, at least not major ones.