+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok so I need an adaptor     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ok so I need an adaptor

Something like this:

http://www.microbytes.com/computer/o...ts/I222190.jpg

Exept the VGA has to be female, and it needs be RCA (red yellow white) and not RGB component like the picture.

Goal here, is to send a RCA signal from a device say a VCR, to a computer monitor that only has VGA input.

Question: That exists?

If yes to the above: Anybody got some leads on where I could find that, either in stores, or quickly shippable to canada, quebec ?

Did some research, didn't turn out so great.

Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Re: Ok so I need an adaptor

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Exept the VGA has to be female, and it needs be RCA (red yellow white) and not RGB component like the picture.
    zomg, so, wires have sex?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Spinebreaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiseran
    zomg, so, wire have sex?
    lol, Radioshack still arround? >.>

well, yes and no. Still exists, but its been purchased by Circuit City, and somehow renamed Radioshack for "La Source", at least here in Quebec.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

maybe monoprice.com i get cheap cables from there but i'm too busy to search it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vade
    monoprice.com
    Shows nothing even close to what I showed on the picture

Malfacto

Doesn't exist as a 'cable' to do that you need a converter.

Quicky sample:

http://www.svideo.com/video2vga.html

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hate to be nit-picky, but since VGA is video only, wouldn't that just be one single yellow analog cable? (as opposed to red yellow white, because red+white=sound)

Anyway, if thats what your looking for, I actually have one >_>; Well its Female VGA on one end and yellow analog on the other end, and it came with a converter to change the VGA from Female to Male. Strangely enough, it came with my video card.

Our Video to XVGA adapter supports 600x480 (VGA), 800x600 (SVGA) and 1024x768 (XGA).
    Fun & Joy. Now is anything like that available in 1280x1024 or 1600x1200? >.>

Or, as an alternative, is anything more like I showed, but just the VGA beeing female, still having the RGB component females ?

Either that, or i'll have to buy either a TV, or a new monitor that has RCA or component video-in

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by theo
    I hate to be nit-picky, but since VGA is video only, wouldn't that just be one single yellow analog cable? (as opposed to red yellow white, because red+white=sound).
    Err, you'r right. >.> So yeah what I'd need is exactly like the picture i showed, but just the VGA part beeing female.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did a quick search and it was hard enough to find a female vga > male rca (component is the same thing as rca now a days), let alone F to F.

Do a search for Female VGA to RCA (or component) and youll get a few hits for F VGA to M RCA, get that.

You can either plug directly in to the VCR, or you can buy a converter (RCA M to F adaptor, theyre cheap) and have your F VGA to F RCA.

I'v been looking for alternatives, something to feed the picture through my computer before feeding to the monitor, here's what I came up with:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...deo+Creator+85

But that thing only wants to capture and encode, I need something to just stream and view.

I'm just trying to avoid buying a TV when I already got a monster of a monitor

Anybody know something else like that?

Edit: Nevermind think I got what I need...

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/produ...pvr150mce.html