Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Another RDM question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Another RDM question

Ok..
    The toughest choice ive had to make with rdm so far is..

Mahatma Slops (+8MND +8INT) or Wise Braconi +1 (Magic Accuracy +3)
    for enfeebling which is better give reasons plz (*'-')

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If you were a melee, would you want 3 accuracy or 8 STR on a pair of pants.

Yes, it's that simple.

For HNMs (LOL) Wise would be better, and generally on things you can't land spells on consistantly. In EXP this would only apply to lvl 75 - cause at that Lvl nothing is gonna resist you much.

Mahatma would be good if you can consistantly land your spells, it would help would the power of slow and paralyze, as well as help land blind/gravity/whatever.

Personally I would go for Mahatma, cause Wise gear makes me sick.

lol, no its not. This is MAGIC accuracy, the prob is ive been experimenting with both in exp pts but i never get resisted

but in an HNM situation lets say Tiamat, you want to cast paralyze, would you wear 8MND or 3 Magic Acc.?

Edit: ur post wasnt up when i was replying to Raineer ,elcura :3

I would wear (personally) Mahatma, cause if you don't have a good amount of MND your paralyze won't proc for shit, no point landing a spell if you haven't got the power to make it useful.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I would wear (personally) Mahatma, cause if you don't have a good amount of MND your paralyze won't proc for shit, no point landing a spell if you haven't got the power to make it useful.
    this is the right answer. magic accuracy might help you land your spell, but when you land it and it procs 1 time every 5 minutes, you're not helping

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Bunshinagain
    lol, no its not. This is MAGIC accuracy, the prob is ive been experimenting with both in exp pts but i never get resisted

but in an HNM situation lets say Tiamat, you want to cast paralyze, would you wear 8MND or 3 Magic Acc.?
    Yes, it is that simple. You think all there is to do with RDM is either get resisted or not...

That's like a warrior saying "well my 300 dmg steel cyclone didn't MISS so i must be doing a-ok."

There is something to be said about potency, which is why a vast majority of wise gear is garbage.

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I own both mahatma and a pair of Wise + 1 and I can tell you how I use them atleast. For the starting of any fight, exp or HNM I wear mahatma for the potency it adds to the enfeebles. If and when I get resisted on an HNM I will switch to Wise + 1 for the accuracy and will then land it almost every time after that. Of course I will try to switch back to Mahatma when I can if it will land because potency boost is nice. In my personal experience go for the potency first.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Between the 2, I chose to use Wise +1. Paralyze is the only enfeeble where I might consider using Mahatma since its a single proc for its effect. Silence and Slow, on the other hand, are always on once it sticks. Duration as stated by SE (forgot which interview) is random so I'd rather go for the sticking power.

On the last tiamat my LS did, (also first one when I had wise), I was able to land silence on Tiamat without too much difficulty. Still can't silence Kirin-Suzaku with ES but thats life.

Another reason I'm sticking with wise is the fact that Jubaku is much stronger than para and I'll let the NIN do the Jubaku.

*edit*
    I also use Braconi+1 for the extra -enmity. I know its only 1 extra but its something.

real reason I switched was because the braconis looked better with afv2 body

ok another question, im just curious what other rdms put in merit points..
    i put 3 ice and 2 wind acc, what did u peeps put?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

personally i did all wind. I could see an easy arguement for ice too.

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1 wind, 1 ice, 1 earth and 2 convert recasts. (I'm usually the tanks party rdm for our events so I need to be hasting, refreshing, buffing when they get dispeled and curaga and so on, so the extra boost on time for Convert is nice)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunshinagain

Edit: ur post wasnt up when i was replying to Raineer ,elcura :3
    Because I'm an ass...Paralyze won't land on Tiamat. Ice spell on a fire mob = ;_;

Anyway, the breakdown on RDM stats (I'm assuming you really care about para and slow, and not so much lolnukes) is something like this:

MND - slow potency, para proc rate
    Magic Acc - decreased chance of resist when you initially cast the spell
    Enfeebling skill - decreased chance of resist, improved proc rate, duration, etc.

For example, if you're getting resisted on Nidhogg para, slap on the braconi in place of the mahatma. However, I wouldn't take off Duelist's Chapeau or Warlock's Tabard in place of a +magic acc or +mnd piece. Prioritize your gear as Enf.Skill --> MND --> Magic Acc. Only use the Magic Acc gear when you're actually getting resisted, because otherwise you'll be taking a hit on the actual effect of the spell.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    Another reason I'm sticking with wise is the fact that Jubaku is much stronger than para and I'll let the NIN do the Jubaku.
    that's not true. jubaku is horrible compared to a +mnd build rdm's paralyze

yea ive been thinking of droping some 2 ice and 1wind for Convert recast, while soloing and in tank pt ive noticed its a pain waiting for the last minute on Convert recast everytime.. but the Ice acc. imo owns for bind/para, i land bind alot more than i used to before i got the merits in there

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnard
    For example, if you're getting resisted on Nidhogg para, slap on the braconi in place of the mahatma. However, I wouldn't take off Duelist's Chapeau or Warlock's Tabard in place of a +magic acc or +mnd piece. Prioritize your gear as Enf.Skill --> MND --> Magic Acc. Only use the Magic Acc gear when you're actually getting resisted, because otherwise you'll be taking a hit on the actual effect of the spell.
    ^ what I was trying to say before but worded better.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

paralyze tiamat ??

tiamat is based on fire.
    Paralyze is based on ice.

fire melts ice.

no ??

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    paralyze tiamat ??

tiamat is based on fire.
    Paralyze is based on ice.

fire melts ice.

no ??
    yes exactly, it doesn't land period...but i think it was just an example

I paralyzed him (tiamat)with ease the first 2 times actually, i think paralyze saves lives more than silence does in tiamats situation. his casting firaga III and getting stunned is equivilent to 2 shadows off a nin,and paralyze is one shadow.
    anyways thx for the replies, just wanted to know how other rdm thought.

Go try landing it, i thought it wouldnt land on tiamat either but it did and it sticked without ES too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast