Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Redoing Artifact Armor     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Redoing Artifact Armor

I can't seem to find a thread that really gives a confirmed answer so I'm just going to start my own.

Awhile back I upgraded my Evoker's Pigaches. Now I can't store my armor. I've finished all of my artifact quests for all other jobs of level. I've reset my quests for summoner now. I've completely my AF1 weapon quest again. Now I'm stuck.

The galka in Upper Jeuno won't give me the hands quest so that I can activate my coffers. I dropped my Evoker's Bracers thinking that would help, and he still won't give me the quest.

Is there something I'm missing? I got a Toraimarai Canal Coffer Key and already opened a chest, and I didn't get anything. So can someone point me in the right direction?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Redoing Artifact Armor

Do you have another af hands weapon quest active?

Also, this should go in the newbie section. Not advanced. Moving.

Ashira

a) Make sure, like Kuno said, you don't have another AF quest series active.

b) You need to at least activate the AF1 quest before you can get the coffers series quests.

Like I already said, I've already finished all of my other artifact quests on my other jobs and I've already completed my AF1 weapon quest again.

Don't you have to initiate another quest before coffers start loading AF? Either AF2 or the hands, as I recall.

Shouldn't need to. Every single website just says that the prerequisites for the quest is just AF1 and having talked to the Galka dude in Jeuno. >_>

The galka dude in jueno will not give you hands quest until you open your first artifact quest following weapon.

In this case, for SMN, you have to open Legs, the quest "Class Reunion", before the Galka will give you hands.

Sad to say, but any website you have seen which says only AF Weapon is needed, is wrong, or it's being read/interpretted incorrectly. It's been a long time since I've heard of any AF quest being called "AF1" but in my memory "AF1" is not weapon quest, it is the first armor quest.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Someone beat me but yes, you have to open or finish the AF2 quest to pop the hands quest.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't want to make another topic, and I can't find answer to this otherwise:

Do you have to open the coffers to consider an AF quest line 'complete'?

for example, I just finished re-doing af3 for monk (the NM fight in castle O) and got my uberleet shorts. Do I have to open all the coffer and do the af hands fight to re-do nin af?

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The NPC in lower will list for re-do only those that you complete - all pieces. Yes coffers. Complete is everything for that job. But you can have multiple jobs open. - Being partially done on MNK has nothing to do with your ability to request Nin. They only limit is on hands, one at a time.

To the OP - check your quest log for anything borghertz that you might have open. Do weapon, open AF2, and then go talk to him on SMN. No more dropping stuff please.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilla
    I don't want to make another topic, and I can't find answer to this otherwise:

Do you have to open the coffers to consider an AF quest line 'complete'?

for example, I just finished re-doing af3 for monk (the NM fight in castle O) and got my uberleet shorts. Do I have to open all the coffer and do the af hands fight to re-do nin af?
    As far as I know, the quest line is technically complete once you have done AF1(weapon), AF2(1st Armor), AF3(2nd Armor) and hands AF(Coffer + Shadowflame). The coffer AF shouldn't get in your way of your other job's AF.

If I am reading you right.