Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argus windows     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Argus windows

Ok, so I've heard if the protozoan is outside and roaming around the big area the window is open. But if its in the little dinosaur skeleton house thingymajiggy the window is not open. Any truth to this? or just another stupid theory?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Argus

i never heard of that and wiki doesnt say anything so i dont think it's true.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Interesting, I'll look into it while I'm camping it the next few days.

I've been told that if the protozoan is in the hut, argus will pop, if it's roaming, leech king will pop. And so far (small sample size, but w/e) this has been true for me.

protozoan has nothing to do with it's window, kill it a couple times and you will see it randomly pops in hut or roaming and will change if alive long enough. however Argus does pop right next to that protozoan on widescan list.
    18-36 hr pop, usually 1-3 argus for every leech king and it is kinda randomish as what will pop, i have heard of leech king poping in a row as well.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'd second Shihei's data. I usually slay the slime. It pops all over. Inside hut and out. Some roam right after pop and some hang out inside for a long time. This "random" behavior will occur during the same camping session. If the slime was an indicator, it would have the same behavior during any single session.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

One quick question~ seeing as there is an mait. right now would argus be up right when servers are up? Or does the 18 hour window open right then?

E. Body
    BG Level

Window opens so it could be up.

It could also not be up for another 14 hours.

Have fun.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aers
    Have fun.
    Nothing but fun comes from the maze!

PCC is 5mil on Pandy now, I cant imagine why anyone would put themselves through the pain of an 18-36hr window

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vannis
    Quote Originally Posted by aers
    Have fun.
    Nothing but fun comes from the maze!
    1/1 PCA but I lost lot, basically this AFK ranger claimed it with shadowbind using god knows what bot, so I teamed up with a JP player there to mess with it (lol cure+mazurka) and managed to force it to drop claim even though the rng was autofollowing -.- Got the guy for afk botting though, gm responded fast enough D:

0/1 on PCC back when it dropped though. I've only spent about 60 hours down there so I guess it wasn't that bad <_<

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

K so I'm just browsing around and I found this:

I think Argus has a mini window which seemed to match up with two of the tims I saw Argus pop. It could just be coincidence, but when it matches down to the minute twice I think it's right.

After 16 minutes pass there is a 1 minute window where Argus might pop (17th minute). I usually wait 2 minutes just to compinsate for seconds since I'm not sure if that is calculated in as well. Just remember you NEED the exact ToD for this to work and not someone's "estimated" ToD otherwise you'll be off on that 1 minute window.

So, if Argus died at 2am, then the windows opens up at 8pm. Add 16 minutes to that would make it 8:16pm. The possible pop window will be from 8:16-8:17 (I personally wait until 8:18 before relaxing). No pop, next mini-window would then be from 8:33-8:34 (added 16 minutes to 8:17). You just keep doing this until he pops. I'm not saying this is guaranteed, but it worked out on 2 Argus spawns that I saw so it's worth a shot.

Seems logical seeing thats how alot of others NMs work IE Sozu Rog. LoO etc.
    It's worth a shot I suppose lol

Argus does pop right next to that protozoan on widescan list.
    Also, is this true no matter where it pops? Large or small room?

E. Body
    BG Level

Seems logical seeing thats how alot of others NMs work IE Sozu Rog. LoO etc.
    Yea.. but the reason these other Nms work this way is because they're lotteries off mobs with a set spawn time :/ And argus.. is argus heh. The two times I fought it, I was afk when it popped (the rng afk claim) and the other time I had just relogged and it was up when I logged back in, all my competition had left since it was 10 hr after maint and they all gave up.

Also, is this true no matter where it pops? Large or small room?
    I think so, I dont think there's more than one Argus; I'd have to pull up the .dat to check and I have no clue which one is Maze, I don't even think I have FFXI installed on this laptop anymore <_<

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

It's safe to say you shot down my hopes of it being up when servers reset lol XD

E. Body
    BG Level

It could happen..it'd be rare <_<

The reason HNMs are up so often after server maint is they have comparatively shorter windows so they have a much larger chance of popping in that window where the servers are up and we can't login D: