Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frustration in Einherjar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Frustration in Einherjar

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/271/dammitsw2.jpg

My LS has been doing Einherjar regularly, for the most part, since its introduction. As many of you know, the waves of mobs can vary quit a bit, and sometimes you win with 5-10 minutes left, some times you open that chest with 20 seconds left, and sometimes you lose. We've had our fair share of close wins and close losses. We've had a couple of losses where the boss died seconds before the timer ran out and the chest never popped on time.

Last night's run, however, takes the cake. I failed to take a screenshot of the chatlog, but this is how it went down. We did a Tier3 run, killed the boss shortly after the 30 second warning, popped the chest 1-2 seconds before the timer ran out, THEN got kicked from the wing and received a 'loss.' Everyone even saw the chest icon appear and we saw the standard "You find blah blah" text in the log as well. Out of frustration we contacted a GM(i know, i know - what the hell were we thinking). After waiting nearly 2 hours for a response and talking with a senior GM as you see above we got............. a new smouldering lamp. YAY.........

Couldn't they think of a better way to implement a 30 minute battlefield where every single minute counts?.. We generally have about 28~34 people show up, and it usually takes us 2-4 minutes to break the lamp and get everyone inside. This coupled with the time it takes for the chest to pop after the boss is defeated, you're looking at a 25~27 minute Einherjar rather than 30 minutes.

If anyone from SE is reading this, here are a few of suggestions to make Einherjar a bit more friendly:

- Start the 30 minute timer on the first pull (or provide a 2-3 min time extension chest at start to compensate for entry time)
    - Do away with the chest popping after the boss, make the boss drop the items. (or immediately give the 5 min extension on boss death)
    - Do not lock out entry into the wing after the initial pull. (This would allow us to start the fight and not worry about locking out the 1-2 stragglers or people dc'ing at that exact moment - it happens too often)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Re: Frustration in Einherjar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl
    - Do away with the chest popping after the boss, make the boss drop the items. (or immediately give the 5 min extension on boss death)
    that won't work because you don't win with the boss kill if other mobs are alive.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl
    that won't work because you don't win with the boss kill if other mobs are alive.
    oh right.. 5 min extension on last mob's death with the chest popping would work then.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Just stop doing the crappy system that is Einherjar you'll be less frustrated overall. Being that it took SE how long to even talk about fixing AV (still waiting on the video and item to weaken him.) I'd say we have another yr and a bit before SE makes Einherjar what it should have been.

A. Free (Kings are free to participate in why should people have to pay for the alternative of camping them.)
    B. Instant porting of group with lamps inside when the leader trades his.
    C. Actually make it scalable like they said it would be. 24-36 people shouldn't have to show up everytime to win (Again this is supposedly the alternative to Kings since when does it take 18+ people to kill Fafnir.)
    D. Yes put some limitation on killing Odin but make it timed based not the idiotic system that it is now. If SE would be unwilling to make it time based make it like Limbus Chips where the leader holds the access items for Odin. (That way a committed member won't be screwed when he has a family emergency missing one of the runs.)
    C. As soon as you kill the last mob you receive a 5 min extension to pop chest (like what was mentioned before good suggestion.)
    E. Totally random does not = strategy this is like the ultimate SE lottery. SE makes it so white based magic is incredibly limited and then decides that difficultly is based on how many freaking Brds you can get.

This is just an attempt to get as many people as possible to waste their time for slim to crap rewards.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4361/hrungnirlc6.jpg

that was one of our earlier tier2s (the twin statues)

we won last night with under 20 seconds to spare on a cerb tier3, our first tier3 win ._.

it would probably take me two or three hands to count the number of times we've timed out <5%, where having that extra minute from trading lamps would have easily let us win. it's pretty lame, actually :\

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Considering you get 30 minutes, no time extensions, every bit of wasted time counts. It's truly appauling they haven't worked out a system to fix this. I could be something as simple as letting you enter a room instead like a cage, and when you hit the lever to open the door THEN time starts running.

But like one of the above posters so excellently put it, Einherjar is completely fucked up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I always thought at the very least, this is not limited to Einherjar, but for a thing you need to "Break and Trade" the time should start when the first person actually enters. That should give enough time to deal out the Lamps/Glass then go.

But I totally agree on the the note that the second the last mob is killed IN ANY EVENT, there should be a timer "reset" for 6 minutes, so that even if items havent' been lotted on, they can auto-lot to people in case of deaths. It really shouldn't be a big deal to impliment...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Actually this is a glicthed that happened to us on one of our first wins.... We killed the boss in time but opened the chest in the 30 second warning. We got the message that times has extended to 5 more minutes to cast lot on the treasures, but we still got kicked after after a few seconds, and the treasure was lost. What's more there was an abjuration in pool... a crappy one though.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser
    Actually this is a glicthed that happened to us on one of our first wins....
    it happens in dynamis too, stuff that happens in the 30 second warning really doesn't count.

stuff in the 30s warning counts, but after it says "The designation on the glass is cancelled, exiting in 30 seconds" you can't do anything except wait/die. at least, that's my experience; the boss on our last tier3 win died probably two seconds after we got the 30s message. or maybe i just completely misunderstood what you were all talking about.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4361/hrungnirlc6.jpg

that was one of our earlier tier2s (the twin statues)

we won last night with under 20 seconds to spare on a cerb tier3, our first tier3 win ._.

it would probably take me two or three hands to count the number of times we've timed out <5%, where having that extra minute from trading lamps would have easily let us win. it's pretty lame, actually :\
    Same thing happened to my ls today, we killed with about 15 seconds to spare, box wouldn't pop til after the body of the NM (orobon) disappeared... kicked out as it spawned. =/

Just to emphasise the glitch,

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2463/einxk0.png
    You clearly see the loot drop AFTER the Feather and Ampoules.

On the one that failed, we got loot and no feather/ampoules beforehand.

That's pretty outrageous, has anyone had this issue resolved somehow? (looool)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Farming Odin should require 3 random feathers or 1 feather from every tier. Fighting it once every 2 weeks would put it on Ultima/Omega level and allow people to go back and farm feathers for newer members..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Overall I think it does suck. when you kill the boss and it takes roughly 10 seconds for the name to dissapear as it is. where time is limited. A few things to consider maybe?

Timer starts upon engaging the first mob *mentioned already*

If chest is open and we are techically in the same zone, why not keep the treasure within the pool.

Would be cool to get a random abjoration to drop per kill of mob, then killing the boss will get you some random money items along with one of the new abjorations. that why people can farm mobs and hope for a drop. and killing the boss will provide a bonus to the LS with crafting mats and the new abjorations.

It actually is quite nice that you get a new lamp, most of the time(my experience and what I read), GM just tell you to cry him a river, no?

This is actually a problem that has been in for as long as FFXI has been, for similar instanced battle such as Dynamis, Salvage, Assault, Nyzul, et cetera. They actually fixed the problem in Limbus, where we get a zone that we get kick to, and still have the item(s) and time to distribute them. I really don't see why the same couldn't be done for the rest of the instanced battles.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I love and hate einherjar at the same time
    I love the battles inside and how everyone is focused until we clear it , then say " damnn.... what a rush!" espically wing III chambers.
    And HATE the feather system ( throws all curses that anyone can think of here) , we always start late not because not having enough poeple , but waiting for poeple to log on other charecters to leech for each wing -..-;

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

http://nineinchninjas.com/mini/ghey.jpg

Got the loot from the chest, no points and no clear... Thanks a ton SE, we win and get the one thing we didn't want from that run, the craftables... I guess poping the chest after the 30sec marker does nothing.

- Start the 30 minute timer on the first pull (or provide a 2-3 min time extension chest at start to compensate for entry time)
    - Do not lock out entry into the wing after the initial pull. (This would allow us to start the fight and not worry about locking out the 1-2 stragglers or people dc'ing at that exact moment - it happens too often)
    I would like to add, it would be nice if it was scaleable. It's a pain in the ass getting everyone to each run, and if people don't want to come, why should they if they are already cleared. It would be easier if they had an option to scale it for 18/24/32 members. Which would also solve a problem with lower number LSs like ours. We can beat runs, but it's always close, and if we get screwed on later waves we don't get a chance to win. I'm not talking about making the run easier, just scale to the number of people you cap it at.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

They should make the person holding a lamp be able to warp everyone in their party or alliance within the area range
    I think this is doable by SE and reasonable, saves time honestly trading everyone those lamps to get in which wastes alot of time

how would that work with two alliances?

I don't think their is a way for SE to magically recognize who the second alliance is.

with that said, I really wish their was a way to do what you are saying. I just don't see it.

Also why should people who have clear come help others who dont have clear? Why should anyone help anyone in this game? Selfishness is self-destructive in FFXI.