+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tolo's Sword     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tolo's Sword

I guess this question is directed toward Aurik, since he's probably the only one here who's gotten this yet.

What are the stats on Tolo's sword? Does it have a different name in the American version? I can't seem to find any info about it in the guide.

maybe tolo's sword is crazylanguage for tournesol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    maybe tolo's sword is crazylanguage for tournesol
    I swear the bazaar ate like half the items I gave it while making that sword....

If you are talking about Tournesol, its +140 atk and +25 eva, from what I remember.

If not, you can probably find it listed somewhere in the weapon FAQ listed here.

I think Tolo's sword is the Japanese name for the Wyrmhero Blade, but I could be mistaken.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou
    I think Tolo's sword is the Japanese name for the Wyrmhero Blade, but I could be mistaken.
    That sword is like a relic weapon/shield in FFXI, once you get it, it is time to quit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yes, according to the bazaar list that Sonomaa posted last week, wyrmhero blade is the American name for tolo sword. I'd consider it more like full Homam/Nashira than a relic, personally. It's "do all the epic fights and 1 minigame", not "run around for 50 hours doing the same thing over and over". Of course, either way there's nothing left to kill by the time you get it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Yes, according to the bazaar list that Sonomaa posted last week, wyrmhero blade is the American name for tolo sword. I'd consider it more like full Homam/Nashira than a relic, personally. It's "do all the epic fights and 1 minigame", not "run around for 50 hours doing the same thing over and over". Of course, either way there's nothing left to kill by the time you get it.
    That makes sense. I guess the Tournesol would be more of a relic then, or I just need to stop comparing things to FFXI....

Yeah it's the one you get from omega / last hunt / fishing...

Stats according to brady guide since I know what name it's under

130 atk
    50 evasion
    holy element.

Does it do anything special? Cause it really doesn't seem nearly as good as Tournesol cause of the combo procs...I guess the extra 25 evasion is nice, but not really.

It seems to be FF12's Mark of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    It seems to be FF12's Mark of Conquest
    Speaking of Mark of Conquest, did that do anything at all, or was it just a useless key item? I realize you've beaten the game at that point, but at least Wyrmhero Blade you can equip and kill shit.

Nah it was just a key item to show your friends (lolfriends). Wyrmhero blade would be like that super legendary sword you can never equip, just look at as a storyline item. Except in this you can equip it and it's useless because you've done everything.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    Yeah it's the one you get from omega / last hunt / fishing...

Stats according to brady guide since I know what name it's under

130 atk
    50 evasion
    holy element.

Does it do anything special? Cause it really doesn't seem nearly as good as Tournesol cause of the combo procs...I guess the extra 25 evasion is nice, but not really.
    Evasion is so pointless on all the hard enemies in this game, they just hit you no matter what. I guess that doesn't matter on this sword though, since you have killed everything hard to get it. >_>

It procs holy, its an amazing sword on mobs weak to light just like katanas are amazing weapons on mobs weak to dark.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it has Auto-Brave and Faith on it supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    it has Auto-Brave and Faith on it supposedly.
    it's useless

USELESS

sure it has holy element and +50 evasion, but it attacks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow it's unbearable, even with haste it's like 2 times slower than a gun. it's just there for nostalgia cos when you swing/parry/miss/evade it does like a NES-style sound or something. looks good too but all in all...useless

oh and it's there for 100% completion too =P