BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mithran trackers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mithran trackers

Just quick question, wiki doesn't seem to tell me, after winning X's BC and getting third letter, is it no longer possible to get new letters if you lose? I just lost and he wont gimme a new one >

Have to wait until conquest reset (Sunday) win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Davricle View Post
    Have to wait until conquest reset (Sunday) win or lose.
    Unless this was very recently ninja patched, wrong(which is what he was asking). As of May, you could lose and redo it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm not 100% sure of what you're asking, but if you lose on the X's knife BC you can get another letter and try it again without waiting for the conquest tally. But if you help someone win the pre-req quest first, and then attempt and lose Requiem of Sin, you have to wait until the conquest update.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've won before, and it usually allowed me to retry when/If I lost, but now the NPC won't give me a letter. Oh well, i'll just wait it out

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Unless this was very recently ninja patched, wrong(which is what he was asking). As of May, you could lose and redo it.
    My bad then, I haven't done this in over a year and thought that's how it was.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sorry for the necro but I recently read that it used to be possible to exit the bcnm and go in again after the win by running away and leaving one person in to pop the chest. I believe this has been patched but another poster also mentioned that this can still be done but it is now just harder to do. If this is still possible could anyone PM me the details please?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd be interested in knowing about this too.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Unless it's been ninja patched, the way it works is that you bring a mule (or other unnecessary body) and after you kill (but before you pop chest), everyone but mule exits. Mule pops, party lots, mule disbands, retry (I think you have to go back and get new letters at this point). Wash rinse repeat until you run out of superfluous bodies.

That was nerfed ~a year ago. It was still possible after the nerf through a slightly different trick, whether it's still possible with that trick now I have no idea.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Iirc, if you lost the BC due to a full wipe, you can't get the letter till next tally. And the glitch still works like what Spider-Dan said, just did this trick 2~months ago. But we got owned cause the mule opened chest while some of us are still in the "exit" cs resulting in them not being able to obtain a new letter, for me i am still able to get the letter.