Thread: Droppin a note to say hey     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Droppin a note to say hey

Sup. I know I haven't talked to anyone on the internet boards in a while, and last we did talk some fucked up shit had been going on, so I wanted to see how everyone was.

The band hasn't spoken to each other since the night we called it quits, except for Andy (vocal) and myself. We've remained pretty well off and talk now and then.

After the band broke up, I got into DJing for an agency near philly, and never looked back. If any of you were ever lookin for one interesting career, it's been one hell of a ride. The money is amazing, averaging 100 an hour, and gigs never slow down. Not quite the same as performing, but same type of thing at the same time.

Hell, I even converted my 2 floor garage into a home recording studio, and soon enough hope to make that a full time thing. Recording, hanging out and smoking up with a bunch of bands every night is possibly that one thing in life that I was born for. You know, when you know your calling?

I still drink, and probably an alcoholic by all definitions, but fuck it. You only live once, so drinks up, drama down. Life's too short to be fucked up over little trivial things.

How have you guys been? Is the game any fun? Final Fantasy 12 is coming...oh man, and so is halloween. These are good days to come.

Much love, and apologies for that nite. That nite was alot of mistakes, a couple misdeamenors (sp) and lots of screaming. Sorry you all had to read any part of it. You did get sparred from the worst though, leave it at that.

Miss alot of you, always cared. Blessed be.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Isn't the 'life is too short to not drink' mindset a bit stupid? Because uhh...drinking can be the thing that makes life so short...

I got to Alla thf forums when you were basically gone, so I don't know you well, but good to see you're still around, I caught a few videos back in the day

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Appreciate that, but what's funny to me is that someone who is about 80% complete on the dynamis dagger is acknowledging my old school thief videos lol. Thank you man, but you're on a level I never was. Back in the day, that sort of shit (dynamis daggers, full relic armor, etc.) was the shit only the hardcore japanese guys or worldx type of people had.

You're way more advanced than I, bud. I havent played this game in so freakin long, I cant remember what type of gear I used to wear as a thief. I had a character called Sixunderground for about ....a week? But I sold it to ige for 100 bucks. No idea who or what is playing him now. And JP, my character, is long since deleted.

You only live once, so drinks up, drama down. Life's too short to be fucked up over little trivial things.
    Hmm.

Haha, your videos were fun, I still have that one you made back when Newhope was a new LS and had finally defeated lolGenbu! Good memories. glad to know you're doing all right. What kind of tunes do you spin? Being a DJ and all, that just sounds neat.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Heya Chumb. The genbu video was the worst thing Ive ever done lol, but it was with a fuckin great group of people. Newhope and Priory/Sion were people I'd love to chill with outside of a stupid game. They were all good people.

Music? Depends on whatever they book me for. Im doing a bar tonight that's mostly hip hop. Live near mt. laurel, NJ? Let me know, I get most drinks comp'd for me and whoever is with me.

I'm nowhere near freaky-deaky NJ, but thanks for the invitation, I'd definitely come if I was anywhere nearby. I'm not very into hip-hop stuff although it can be fun to chill to every now and then. I like vocal trance and euro stuff. Oakenfold, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, and many many many others. Do you have a myspace or something so I can listen? I'm interested in hearing what you sound like :D

chumberina drunk would have me LoL'in!

Hi JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    Heya Chumb. The genbu video was the worst thing Ive ever done lol, but it was with a fuckin great group of people. Newhope and Priory/Sion were people I'd love to chill with outside of a stupid game. They were all good people.
    Wait wait, Priory of Scion? Like this Priory of Scion? http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11959

Anyhow, I remember reading alot of your stuff and seeing a few of your videos awhile back.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

RE: Unklemonkey;

Those are two different linkshells. Priory of Sion, Bahamut server, was a linkshell started back when I did, like 2-3 years ago. Vid created and lead it, with his brother Vigil. A ton of members have come and gone, but the original crew, those 2, wyrmtung, mina, belkin, kazen, ...myself, etc. - if it's possible to have "memories" and good times in a game, it was with them. They were fuckin great people. I heard Vid say, more than a few times, "as long as everyones happy". He cared more about them than his own time playing.

So whatevers whatever, like I said, I havent played in 1-2 years and people have undoubtedly come and gone, so the linkshell may have changed, but Im tellin ya - the original Priory was a group of fuckin amazing people that would never pull any of that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    chumberina drunk would have me LoL'in!

Hi JP.
    haha everyone says that! I've never been drunk before though... I bet I'd be all on edge and paranoid since I'm usually extremely laid back and mellow when I'm normal. I'm probably wrong thuogh, I bet I would just get sleepy and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    RE: Unklemonkey;

Those are two different linkshells. Priory of Sion, Bahamut server, was a linkshell started back when I did, like 2-3 years ago. Vid created and lead it, with his brother Vigil. A ton of members have come and gone, but the original crew, those 2, wyrmtung, mina, belkin, kazen, ...myself, etc. - if it's possible to have "memories" and good times in a game, it was with them. They were fuckin great people. I heard Vid say, more than a few times, "as long as everyones happy". He cared more about them than his own time playing.

So whatevers whatever, like I said, I havent played in 1-2 years and people have undoubtedly come and gone, so the linkshell may have changed, but Im tellin ya - the original Priory was a group of fuckin amazing people that would never pull any of that shit.
    Ah lol, was just wondering since I had just read that thread like 30mins before you just that. So it was fresh in my brain lol.

Good to you see you back though, your videos were good stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Good to hear from you again. I used to haunt THF forums and watch your videos, too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

good to hear you're doing fine JP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sup JP. Glad to hear things are going well for you bro.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I almost made a thread last month entitled "So is JerseyProphet dead?" but figured it would be in bad taste.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

lol, no man, far from dead. I think I had a .3 bac that night though. Isn't .4 comatose? I had to drink like 3-4 bottles of water cause after puking for like 5 hours, it starts to hurt cause theres nothing left to puke.

I've been reading up a little in anticipation for the release of final fantasy 12, which I hope to god you guys reserved - I think gamestop is making it a new policy where they only order what's reserved (which is sort of a shady "tactic", but whatever).

There's a few interesting concepts to look foward to - like notorious monsters. Check out this faq:
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... 0_rare.txt

Example:
    Rare Monster No. 03/80

Name : Greed (297)

LP : 3
    Drops : Wool, Rare Wool
    Steal : Wind Gem, Wind Crystal
    Original : Wargator
    Rare Rank : ***
    Appearance : Nebra Shore, keep killing enemies there except Flower Saboten,
    after awhile it will appear around the shore.
    Sounds fimiliar =)

Wool, crystals...crafting?

Glad to hear from ya all.