• Middle Eastern

32 24.81%
  • African

26 20.16%
  • Other (wut?)

19 14.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

What do you think my ethnicity is?

Sounds like a retarded question, right? But not so much. I am half Egyptian, and it's something that I always pause about whenever you have to choose your ethnic background for shit. I was bored and looked it up online and I guess this is something other Egyptians have wondered and don't know how to answer lol.

Details:

1. My family heritage predates the Arabs coming into the country.
    2. It is pretty certain (99.9%) that my line does not include any Arabs ancestors either.
    3. Egypt is mostly associated with the Middle East AND Africa by various sites.
    4. My father insists we are European since Ancient Egypt dealt directly with the European countries along the Mediterranean.
    5. According to one site there is a debate on whether ancient Egyptians should have been considered Africans or Europeans.

I remember when I was little I used to put Middle Eastern, and when I told my dad he flipped out, and said don't ever consider myself anything but European. The Coptics definitely do not want to be associated with the Middle East. @.@;

Note: I don't really care TOO much about this, I just put White, which is pretty true anyways considering my mom's family is Irish. It's just something every now and then I get curious about. It is interesting that there seems to be no defined answer to this. Who knows maybe I've been half-black all the long and never knew. brb stealing tricycles.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How does hot sound? rawr

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    How does hot sound? rawr
    While I appreciate it, hot is not an option on those survey thingies on line EVERYTHING you do nowadays. D:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You're missing the negro option. This is a racist poll.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Since when was European an ethnicity?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Since when was European an ethnicity?
    I put white in parenthesis. As far as my Father and his family are concerned us being Europeans = White.

I think that's how they used to put it on the surveys too back in the day, but took it out and just say White now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We'll, I've seen pictures of you and I would lean towards white. I would of course need a full body assessment to be 100% sure but I can also see a hint something in there of some sort of middle eastern or black decent.

You oft speak of your badonadonk, perhaps this can help unravel the mystery?

Would you like some white in ya?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fuck it. Just get a DNA test like uncle Ruckus did.

gona need to see boobs until i can disclose further analysis

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I saw a pic of you and your bf before, you look white and he asian.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Be cool like me and put Mediterranean.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ya that's because I'm only half, and I definitely have more irish tone than Egyptian. My facial structure however is more like my dad's than my mom's.

I wish I had a picture of my dad uploaded to compare. My sister looks hella lot more egyptian than I do.

On a offtopic note: I fucking hate buying foundation (makeup). My skin is MOSTLY Irish but I have an olive tint from my father's side. I have yet to find a professional who knows the right shade for me :/

edit: I dunno if skin tone should set your ethnicity though right? I mean there are fair-skinned African-Americans, but they would beat you up if you called them white.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's weird blurt it out like that. I don't think your skin tone is of concern.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I look white but I'm Middle Eastern. Depending on how racist I feel at the moment I'll either put White or Middle Eastern. We all know whites don't have asses so go with Middle Eastern. Don't run from it!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Fuck it. Just get a DNA test like uncle Ruckus did.

I don't ever recall doing such a terrible thing. Besides, white Jesús would never forsake his one begotten son.

IT ONLY TOOK 11 YEARS.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Devia Danoma
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    On a offtopic note: I fucking hate buying foundation (makeup). My skin is MOSTLY Irish but I have an olive tint from my father's side. I have yet to find a professional who knows the right shade for me :/
    This. I'm half Greek and half Norwegian and have the very same problem being fair with that hint of olive.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by 0ni0n View Post
    Seriously though, why do you care so much about skin tone? I thought you are marrying your bf? Actually I think you're too hot for him so he won't be going anywhere.

^ There are only so many times we can say this. I know papi aint hittin' it rite.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

the ethnic thing like I said doesn't matter too much. Hell when my fiance and I get married our kids will be mutts no matter what I am (he's Philippino btw). Like I said it's something that pops up in my head whenever those things come up (I registered to take the CSET test yesterday and it asked the ethnicity question), so figured I'd see what people thought.

Won't change my lifestyle or outlook or anything, just seeing what people think. XD

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

People ask me all the time "what are you"?
    I'm Spanish/German/Native American. But I look Middle Eastern. I live in Texas with absolutely no accent, since I grew up with a Jewish Dad, so my accent is almost Northeastern. I also Afro-American from the waist down.

People come up to me and speak Spanish, and I dont understand a word, People come up to me ans speak Arabic, and I dont understand them.

I get alot of dirty looks from Hispanics(for not knowing Spanish), Middle Easterners(for not knowing Arabic), and white people cause I look like a Terrorist or Illegal Alien. Black people are always cool with me.

God Bless America.