Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WoodWorking Blues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

WoodWorking Blues

Lately I have been having trouble crafting, i'm 100WW, with all subs to 60, and i dunno why, but a couple of days I crafted a Cursed Hadiate-1, and the very next day I crafted a Cursed Togi-1, and than(I usually Craft staffs 2x a week) I hav been trouble HQ'ing Staffs, most of my ratio's for staffs are usually 1/4-6 on HQ regularly, but today after 16 Ice Beads and no HQ's I just gave up. Has anyone had this kind of Trouble? SE Gimped Staff HQ's ; ;

I'm on Remora Btw

Re: WoodWorking Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Nelta
    Lately I have been having trouble crafting, i'm 100WW, with all subs to 60, and i dunno why, but a couple of days I crafted a Cursed Hadiate-1, and the very next day I crafted a Cursed Togi-1
    I stopped reading after that, and I'm wondering WHY you're complaining? With a 100 craft you should know that HQ, even under a tier, is still entirely random >.>

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Did you like, forget to use support? Cause that would be why..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelta
    Lately I have been having trouble crafting, i'm 100WW, with all subs to 60, and i dunno why, but a couple of days I crafted a Cursed Hadiate-1, and the very next day I crafted a Cursed Togi-1
    I stopped reading after that, and I'm wondering WHY you're complaining? With a 100 craft you should know that HQ, even under a tier, is still entirely random >.>
    Beads and Ore on our server are 400-700k a piece. They're not cheap. Ice Staves sell for a measly 10k a piece. Losing ~390k x 16 = ~6mil in one sitting. That's not funny.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

heh thats funny... the other day, new moon 0% iceday, exact same thing happened to me. I went 0/16 hq and just gave up out of total frustration. Meanwhile there's some new jerk in the staff market and for every 8 beads of whatever type he buys it looks like he sells 7 or 8 hq staves, it's really suspicious if you ask me >_>
    I've seen him sell maybe 3 nq staves and like 30-40 hq so far in the past few days and he's undercut everything to hell and killed profits (like every hq staff dropped 300-600k in about 3 days thanks to this one guy alone) I think I'm bowing out of the market, at least for now, cause this is just ridiculous

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Beads and Ore on our server are 400-700k a piece. They're not cheap. Ice Staves sell for a measly 10k a piece. Losing ~390k x 16 = ~6mil in one sitting. That's not funny.
    It didn't sound like he was being funny to me, it sounded like he stated the simple fact that anyone who seriously crafts knows- that crafting is random and will often times blow ass. (Or I guess I'm the only person who has ever gone 1HQ in 36 synths on an item I'm 70 levels above?)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's all random, I've gone 3/12 on HQ1's just as often as I've gone (literally) 0/70+ on HQ1's. It all evens out over time, it's just statistics.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What are we looking at?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    What are we looking at?
    Maybe laughing at the irony of someone with an Unsho, Panther Mask+1, Byrnie+1, Dusk Gloves+1 and two Triumph Earrings upset at failing a few HQ's on elemental staves.

Edit: K, scrolled down to Koagula's post lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    It didn't sound like he was being funny to me, it sounded like he stated the simple fact that anyone who seriously crafts knows- that crafting is random and will often times blow ass. (Or I guess I'm the only person who has ever gone 1HQ in 36 synths on an item I'm 70 levels above?)
    For every shitty streak there is a good one. My philosophy is to ride out the bad streaks until you approach break even or pull out ahead. If you have a good streak, don't stop you should have a good idea of when to stop :wink:
    Alot of crafters dont build up enough material/gil to do a large synth batches to see the law of averages kick in, so they get pissed off or go broke when they get a bad streak.
    I was trying for angelstones (hq3 of white rock) the other day and went 40+ synths before getting 2 in a row right before the guild+auction house supplies were depleted.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Navia
    [...]build up enough material/gil to do a large synth batches to see the law of averages kick in[...]
    Sounds to me like the best crafting advice. Law of averages doesn't apply on a very little number of synths >.<