Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a Linkshell that aided HNM Linkshells with popable NMs and other similiar events b

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

21 43.75%
  • no

27 56.25%
+ Reply to Thread

Linkshell to support the HNM community with POPable NMs....

I am aiming to set up a site and a group of people repersenting various LS in Siren's HNM community to manage(Not to mean run each event) efforts towards popable NMs, such as Ohat and rostum pumps, as well as possible DM/AN runs and Alliance battle Avatar fights. Sky gods and sea's Jailors will be off limits as well as anything else that should stay within the limits of a HNM LS. Maybe if the interest is there as well as the man power expand the site to add other worlds as well. What I am asking for now is feed back that anyone might have about similar sites or past attempts as well as anyone interested in such an endevour. If this looks as promising as I hope I will look to have something running late summer early fall. Once again leave any feed back you may have.

goals:
    1. Get people the gear they desire
    2. Save linkshell resources for other endevours (sky, sea, wyrms, kings, dynamasis, limbus)
    3. Create a centralized base of man power between all end game players to draw help from on this asspect of the game.
    4. individuals can be freed up more from these kinds of events as they desire, but a check system will be in placed to make sure people who do not help out are at the end of the line for priority when they want something.

Banned.

BG Level

But this is a Bahamut site.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Longest Thread Title Ever.

It's a decent idea but most HNM LSs already do this themselves anyways.

Pop Item NMs are a nice change of pace for some members after having to deal with the annoyance of Kings or Overcrowding in Sky.

Maybe but how often do members end up waiting several months for their linkshell to get around to something they want to do? Nothing stops a linkshell from still doing them. Maybe it would be saying it better to give the members of HNM LS another source to achieve goals without A waiting on the LS or B shouting till they are blue in the face in jeuno?

LazyShell
    BG Level

seems like a good idea but..

4. individuals can be freed up more from these kinds of events as they desire, but a check system will be in placed to make sure people who do not help out are at the end of the line for priority when they want something.
    i'm not sure if this is enough incentive to keep attendance rates high for a secondary linkshell in the respect you are talking about.

Banned.

BG Level

"LEVEL75 why weren't you at Sky last night?"

"I was doing a pop NM with another (HNM) LS"

I do not expect that high of attendance(edit: meaning I dont expect anyone person to show up that often unless they are trying to make sure they get to go on a run if it is a high demand fight *shrugs*). Just a better way to put together groups to get shit done by getting the whole end game community interested, but if someone is going to get off their ass and come help others regularly...I like them to have priority when something is being put together.

This isnt even really a linkshell per say, much less a HNM. I do not plan on creating one anyway, just a site to centralize efforts. How a member of a HNM LS conducts himself on the matter is up to them.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you're working to centralize efforts, why don't people just make a forum post about a particular poppable NM they want to fight.

"Rostrums Run - Date"

What you're proposing doesn't sound like anything someone would take -1 inventory (in the form of a linkpearl) for.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

This poll needs a joke option.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

In my opinion, sky/hnm linkshells should do their own pop NMs in house, if they won't, time to find a new LS.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Linkshell to support the HNM community with POPable NMs....
    I saw this and thought he was trying to get various linkshells across many servers to support the idea of changing the 3 kings to pop NMs.

This thread fails to deliver. ; ;

What I am trying to do is centralize efforts to help people put together events for popable NMs, DM/AN runs, alliance battle Avatars, and other similar events. I am sorry If I am being unclear about this objective. In no way is it there to effect wyrms, kings, sea, sky, dynamis, or limbus. I only have 30 minutes to be on a computer that doesn't have sites like this filtered.

1. Only a website....no Linkpearl will be made for this....not a membership deal. I do plan to ask for attendance to try to track and reward those that put forth the effort and give them priority to an extent, if that Idea fails(which I am sure it will) it will just be a first come first serve bases.
    2. This Post is as much about getting Ideas as it is pitching the concept.
    3. What I mean by being support is Joe wants to get his Ohat, but the linkshell will not being doing that event for awhile, or maybe Joe can't be on while it is being done. Members in Joe's linkshell can say go to this website(site I want to make) and see if anyone is planning it....or Joe can start setting up an ohat run through the site. Like Jeryhn was saying in his post. It saves alot of shouting in jeuno, it saves alot of waiting.
    4. the people I want to help with this are mainly there to manage the site. I deploy pretty much every year for 2-3 months. Having help to keep the site up or moderate the site will go along way. That same help is not there to run events. Each event that is set up is going to have to have someone step up and run it.

Why I say it helps the HNM community is it gives it another means for its members to get gear they need/desire. Yeah if a LS has 5-6 people needing it chances are they will do their own event, but alot of LS do wait till there is enough people needing the item and ready to do the event. That can be several months at time. I know I do not like wait 3-4 months to get back to a certain NM event when it is something I feel is important to have, or something new comes out that people have to back track and finish up other things before they are ready for the new content (example being the AN earrings and having to go back and finish ZM storyline)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    it will just be a first come first serve bases.

What I mean by being support is Joe wants to get his Ohat, but the linkshell will not being doing that event for awhile, or maybe Joe can't be on while it is being done. Members in Joe's linkshell can say go to this website(site I want to make) and see if anyone is planning it....or Joe can start setting up an ohat run through the site. Like Jeryhn was saying in his post. It saves alot of shouting in jeuno, it saves alot of waiting.
    anyone wanna bet joe will leave as soon as he gets his hat, boning everyone else wanting to get theirs after him