Thread: ToAu Vids up at 1up.com     submit to reddit submit to twitter

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

ToAu Vids up at 1up.com

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3144196 Though, they don't reveal too terribly much new stuff (I really wanted to see some BLU skillchaining and 2hrs used), their are a few intersting tidbits to be gleemed out of this vid. Pay close attention to the Qiulirn(sp?) mobs at the end of the video. Now when's the last time you expected a mob to do something... smart? ^^

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Downloading, and BUMP since I haven't seen a link posted for this viddy yet ^^. Thanks Kimiko

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i cant really see it on my secondary computer, can you tell if any of them are in full new sets? aka can you use this vid to find out if set: refresh is worth it?

that was a shitty video

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Wow yes, that little rat guy purposely linking was seriously kewl. I hope they do that with more than just those rat guys, that would make things very interesting.

Jesus Crap I wonder what level they are? They aren't doing any damage to that pudding...

LOL and they had to use a battle debug to keep a player alive against that thing. >.>

Hmm.... watching through it, if those are the new jobs at 75, it looks like there's a lot of HARD mobs in the expansion, or the new jobs seriously blow goats for damage. Which could be true considering the 50-80 Bomb Tosses in there.

Gonna go tonight with a 75MNK with me on WHM and see if there's any difference.

EDIT: LOL That didn't really showcase the good about those jobs, there were a few too many deaths to make them look really cool!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Looks like raging fists+indra katars is the about the best you can do melee wise for pup. In the video their pet 'lobo' loves to spam bioII/poison and looks like it has a 1500ish hp (is that on par with a bst's courier carrie?)

Even match tears up puppetmaster from what I saw in that video, taking 100+dmg a hit, 150+ crits and doing only 50ish damage per punch on undead

For blu mage, looks like dimensional death is pretty decent (400ish damage for not a lot of mp)
    Healing breeze (looks like 52mp) for around ~125hp healed for each person. You could probably do some interesting all blu parties if you had some subbing pld or brd.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Oh my goodness! Puppetmaster looks so cool, Puppet died within the first quarter of the video! yay
    EDIT: Video I watched was Blue Mage and Puppetmaster battle

Oh, and the little dood at the end didn't link with his friend, unless they edited something or turned it off. I think he might have been running away to try and get range for his bow.... again, underwhelming video. Having to use Debug codes to win a battle and showing lots of deaths, while it's probably the normal experience for all veterans, isn't a way to showcase how good these jobs are.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyomu
    Oh, and the little dood at the end didn't link with his friend, unless they edited something or turned it off. I think he might have been running away to try and get range for his bow.... again, underwhelming video. Having to use Debug codes to win a battle and showing lots of deaths, while it's probably the normal experience for all veterans, isn't a way to showcase how good these jobs are.
    The absence of buffs and food didn't help things either
    From the video we can see corsair can at least slugshot, they weren't dual wielding and they had no mp so I wonder what their subjob was (or did they even have one lol)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The names of the people look like gilseller names XD

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Also, you all have to take in mind that this was a 1up video previewing ToAu, not SE's.

You all act like SE "phailed at showcasing teh new jobz!" when they werent even the ones playing the damn game.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

3 things I noticed....

1) The COR used Slug Shot. Dunno if he is COR/RNG, or COR get it natuarally. Only time will tell.

2) The Dodo bird used Yawn. Now we know where that BLU spell comes from now.

3) The Dimensional Death for 400+ was used when the bomb was berserked. If its a phyical attack... Dimensional Death is shitty.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderleest
    i cant really see it on my secondary computer, can you tell if any of them are in full new sets? aka can you use this vid to find out if set: refresh is worth it?
    Lazyleech was recovering 1 MP/tick after he used Healing Breeze

soooooo...

notrly ; ;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    3 things I noticed....
    3) The Dimensional Death for 400+ was used when the bomb was berserked. If its a phyical attack... Dimensional Death is shitty.
    It takes about 45mp to do that move, and it did 311 damage on the Arrapago Apkallu >_>

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

It's a shame that the people making the video appeared to have had no more experience with FFXI than the five minute explanation they were given prior to sitting down with it, that totally ruined the video. Looking beyond that though, the Mamool Ja area looks really awesome as does the ship where they encountered the skeleton and the lamia. Sadly, we didn't get to see much of Corsair or even Puppetmaster because everyone seems intent on focusing the spotlight entirely on Blue Mage's ability to repeat moves we've seen over and over for the past few years. I'm glad they could spam healing breeze and get themselves killed but a few more dice rolls or indications Corsair will be good with a gun would've been nice as would some stuff about Puppetmaster we didn't already know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Navia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    3 things I noticed....
    It takes about 45mp to do that move, and it did 311 damage on the Arrapago Apkallu >_>
    I think you can do about that much damage with Water III for 98 MP.